Football Programmes Centre

Framing Programmes?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Framing Programmes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConTheHammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject: Framing Programmes?

I'm a big fan of framing big match or meaningful programmes. I was just wondering if I was the only one, as I have not seen it discussed on the forum.

On the wall, I have:
'66 World Cup Final (Obvious reasons)
Crystal Palace v Inter Milan, 2005 (First ever game)
England v Holland, 2012 (First international)
England v Argentina, Geneva, 2005 (watching it on TV with my dad and he went to have a shower with 5 minutes to go thinking it was all over, and he ended up missing Owen's late equalizer and winner)
West Ham v Man. Utd, 1967 (5 World Cup winners played that game)

That's it for now, I hope to acquire some more frames from the charity shop soon.

Please say weather you put programmes on the wall, and which programmes you have put on the wall.

Cheers,

Connor
bluenosebrowny85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:26 am 
Post subject:

i also do the same connor

im a massive birmingham city fan and all my cup finals (not many lol) semi finals are framed back to the 50s. with most along with ticket stubs i also framed my first ever game away at wolves.. and the programme on the day i was born!!

i also have every birmingham home programme at home from the 84/85 season the year i was born up to todays game when im off in a bit.. all in blue binders that i purchase from tesco

some of these will be on my wants list soon as a few are tatty due to attending games in the rain or getting a bit bent up and creased so require better condition ones...

ps i also require our league cup 10/11 season winning programmes & stubs as i want better condition ones to frame with my league cup final shirt

all the best scott Thumbs Up
ConTheHammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:37 pm 
Post subject:

Do you have the Semi-Final on the wall (sigh)?
bluenosebrowny85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:51 pm 
Post subject:

haha i will have!! im moving from my parents into my first house in 2 weeks time so i have everything now packed away ready to go... But im after mint or good programmes from the cup winning season as all mine are not the best from attending the games.. also want good condition tickets as again mine not the best i have a cup final shirt i want to frame them with...

if there any westham programmes home and away you require i have a few as im down sizing because of my move just keeping my blues stuff

cheers conner... scott Thumbs Up
Archivista

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:07 pm 
Post subject:

I use to framed my Tranmere programmes on the wall but took them down pretty quick after i remembered the damage the sun can do to the paper!!!!!

The paper programmes are made out of is pretty rubbish and sunlight can really affect the quality and age the programmes drastically in a matter of weeks

However i took a leaf out of my day job knowledge (as an archivist) and made some copies of the programmes i wanted to frame and put them on my wall. As they are copies i don't care what the sun does to them and the originals are safe in an acid free box.
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Might start to frame some of my progs soon.
Senior82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:59 am 
Post subject: Re: Framing Programmes?

ConTheHammer wrote:

England v Argentina, Geneva, 2005 (watching it on TV with my dad and he went to have a shower with 5 minutes to go thinking it was all over, and he ended up missing Owen's late equalizer and winner)

What a game, what an atmosphere, what a day. It was only my second England away game, was a bit better than my first - a 4-1 defeat in Denmark!
clsyorkshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:40 pm 
Post subject:

I'm assuming you can buy frames containing glass that doesn't let the UV light through?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm 
Post subject:

clsyorkshire wrote:
I'm assuming you can buy frames containing glass that doesn't let the UV light through?

This is more or less what I do.
gr1226

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:34 pm 
Post subject:

bluenosebrowny85 wrote:

im a massive birmingham city fan and all my cup finals (not many lol) semi finals are framed back to the 50s. with most along with ticket stubs i also framed my first ever game away at wolves.. and the programme on the day i was born!!

I'm too a big Bluenose ive started to collect Birmingham programmes that are framed that have a liittle meaning heres my list let me know urs:

FA Cup runners up 1931 V Westbrom (repo) Sad , 1956 V mancity (with team photos)
League cup 1963 Home leg v Villa + Signed team photo by Terry Hennessey, Bertie Auld and Gil Merrick
League cup 2011 + Tickets + Signed shirt by squad
all of birmingham city's european homes including Inter Cities back in 50's/60's including Barcelona Away for 1960 final
1957 v barcelona @ st andrews we won 3-1
2002 Playoff final + Ticket Programme signed by Darren Carter
1991 Leyland Daf Final + Ticket
1995 Autowinscreens final + Ticket
opening of Railway 1999
opening of new stadium (v Villa Friendly) 1994
last game infront of Kop v Bristol City 1994
1966 v Blackburn Rovers (introduction of Beau Brummie)

then i am trying to get 2 programmes from the seasons where we got promoted either as runners up or winners (idealy first game and last game of the season with team photo)
1947/48 v fulham away and Tottenham at Home (Div 2 winners)
1971/72 v carlisle and hull at home with signed squad photo (Div 2 runners up)
1984 v oldham away
1994 v chester city home
2006 v preston away

im working on the 54/55 season with the 1963 villa away leg at arms reach!! let me know of any others you can think of!
KRO
Mark
thewednesday

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:12 pm 
Post subject: Re: Framing Programmes?

Senior82 wrote:
ConTheHammer wrote:

What a game, what an atmosphere, what a day. It was only my second England away game, was a bit better than my first - a 4-1 defeat in Denmark!

Thats exactly the same as me mate, Denmark 1st away match, Argentina 2nd. Copenhagen was immense though! Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: