Football Programmes Centre

The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashburton-grove

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:14 pm 
Post subject: Leeds homes

Full marks kcs. To get the complete Leeds 60/61 season is quite a feat.

You have my sympathy too, that Leeds programmes always seem to be more expensive than any other team!
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:42 pm 
Post subject: The Finaly obtained thread.

One of the hardest progs i had in obtaining was a LEEDS away at BLACKBURN 59/60,do you have this in your leeds collection and if so did you have trouble in obtaining.
badhand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:28 pm 
Post subject:

I have a short list of "impossibles" which I have been trying to get hold of for about 25 years Nod

Recently obtained one of the impossibles - Port Vale v Bristol Rovers, Christmas Day. 1950 which was played at the old Stoke City ground. Paid way too much, of course, I saw it and I panicked Laughing

Anybody got another impossible - Gillingham v Bristol Rovers FA Cup Second Round, Second Replay at White Hart Lane the week before Christmas 1950?
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:09 pm 
Post subject:

badhand wrote:
I have a short list of "impossibles" which I have been trying to get hold of for about 25 years Nod

Recently obtained one of the impossibles - Port Vale v Bristol Rovers, Christmas Day. 1950 which was played at the old Stoke City ground. Paid way too much, of course, I saw it and I panicked Laughing Well done on finding that one, I haven't managed to get one yet.

Anybody got another impossible - Gillingham v Bristol Rovers FA Cup Second Round, Second Replay at White Hart Lane the week before Christmas 1950? Now I may have to fight you to the death over this one. lol

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:22 pm 
Post subject:

badhand wrote:

Recently obtained one of the impossibles - Port Vale v Bristol Rovers, Christmas Day. 1950 which was played at the old Stoke City ground. Paid way too much, of course, I saw it and I panicked Laughing

Anybody got another impossible - Gillingham v Bristol Rovers FA Cup Second Round, Second Replay at White Hart Lane the week before Christmas 1950?

Do you have a copy of Burnley v Bristol Rovers (postponed) dated 27th January 1996?

As a Burnley collector, I know that this is the hardest programme to obtain - apparently only a handful of copies exist. I was extremely lucky to get a copy for £2!
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Phil,

I have a copy coming in the next few days from a bundle I purchased, I know Michael Hewitt does not have it within his catalogue at the minute, which means it's a stubborn one!!

How much did you part with?

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:05 pm 
Post subject: Finaly obtained thread.

kcs wrote:
Hi Phil,

I have a copy coming in the next few days from a bundle I purchased, I know Michael Hewitt does not have it within his catalogue at the minute, which means it's a stubborn one!!

How much did you part with?
Bought mine of Mr Hewitt ,had been trying to obtain this prog (Blackburn v Leeds) 1959/60 for about three years to finalise my Blackburn collection for that season, £50 after much deliberation (has team/changes) usualy dont bye with T/Cs ,but as prog so rare bought after much thought seller used the someone else interested line so purchased finaly,although has T/Cs utherwise in mint condition,i would have payed more for one in MINT con so was happy in the end with what i got. Are you selling yours on or is it for your own collection.By the way Michal Hewitt very helpful with this sail?.
badhand

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:37 pm 
Post subject:

burnley_collector wrote:
badhand wrote:

Do you have a copy of Burnley v Bristol Rovers (postponed) dated 27th January 1996?

As a Burnley collector, I know that this is the hardest programme to obtain - apparently only a handful of copies exist. I was extremely lucky to get a copy for £2!

Yes, I have a copy of this programme. I wrote about five letters to Burnley FC in the weeks following the postponement requesting a copy and bored them into submission. There was a copy on e-bay recently.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:48 am 
Post subject:

[quote="badhand"]
burnley_collector wrote:
badhand wrote:
Iquote]

Yes, I have a copy of this programme. I wrote about five letters to Burnley FC in the weeks following the postponement requesting a copy and bored them into submission. There was a copy on e-bay recently.

Darn it, I hate you both lol.

Still missing from my collection.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
corkkoppite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:32 pm 
Post subject:

Picked up the 1973 Uefa cup final programme this week the bmg v Liverpool leg and only just realised I only need three more programmes to have every final and charity shield Liverpool have played. Only problem is the 1914 Fa cup final one ,around 3k Shocked Also need the 1984 Super cup v Juventus and 1984 World Club Championship Japanese edtion programme.
addicks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:36 pm 
Post subject:

Just managed to obtain Blackburn V Charlton 1974/1975. A dreaded newspaper edition. Cost me £26 on ebay, but is the only time I have seen it. Only a couple more 70s aways needed now.
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Phil,

RE: Blackburn v Leeds 1959/60

received the programme this morning, it is not mint as the staple is rusty but generally good.

Not too sure whether to sell it or not. Tempting as it could attract a decent amount. Also got the Middlesboroguh v Leeds 62/63 which is in the same price bracket.

Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:27 pm 
Post subject: The "Finaly Obtained Thread".

kcs wrote:
Hi Phil,

RE: Blackburn v Leeds 1959/60

received the programme this morning, it is not mint as the staple is rusty but generally good.

Not too sure whether to sell it or not. Tempting as it could attract a decent amount. Also got the Middlesboroguh v Leeds 62/63 which is in the same price bracket.
Sounds like a good copy of the Blackburn v Leeds prog, payed a small fortune for mine with T/Cs so think you may have yourself a little gem there.Please do let me know if you do sell it on and what price it fetches ( would love one without T/Cs)?.
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:34 pm 
Post subject:

Will keep you informed.

Guessing if i sell it will go on eBay, will give you first refusal if your interested at the time.

Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm 
Post subject: Finaly O/T.

Sound maty.
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:43 pm 
Post subject:

On closer inspection there is a slight horizontal fold and a rusty staple with a slight mark as a result, but other than that it is in good condition.

Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:48 pm 
Post subject: F/O/T.

And NO T/Cs.
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:12 pm 
Post subject:

no mate

matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:00 pm 
Post subject: very happy

Just had a copy of an ultra ultra ultra rare pre season programme in my hands colchester v cardiff city in 1972 played at Porthleven - thankfully it will be in my folder next month as im buying it Smile...

I wont disclose how much it was as most of you would fall off your chairs lol
wok1271

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:20 pm 
Post subject:

50 pence i reckon LOL
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: