Football Programmes Centre

What do you collect?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you collect?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
397a

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:50 pm 
Post subject:

not at the moment i sold a few a while back , im mostly linfield glentoran and bangor
matt blue

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:19 pm 
Post subject:

Ace_Belfast wrote:
i collect and sell , i major on Irish League / League of Ireland / Northern Ireland Items !

How hard are the early 50's NI v Wales programmes to obtain ??

Cheers

Matt
397a

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

yeah thats right - these are rare due the low crowd turn out - check out this article

http://www.ourweecountry.co.uk/programmes.html
seand

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

I mainly collect Dundalk programmes- League of Ireland champions 9 times and FAI Cup winners 9 times, don't you know! I have about 400 homes and maybe 220 aways. Missing maybe 10 homes in the last 15 season.

I also collect League Of Ireland clubs at home in Europe, missing 15 or so since 1990.

And Ireland internationals. And programmes from all the matches I go to, obviously! And anything else interesting. I have to admit an interest in Liverpool, I have a few hundred of their programmes too.
oldbolt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:42 pm 
Post subject:

My collection is mainly Bolton,i currently collect first team homes and reserves homes and aways.
I stopped collecting first team aways at the end of 2004/05 mainly for storage reasons but still buy from matches i attend and pre season friendlies,plus the Uefa Cup aways.
The last home league programme i don't have is Sunderland in 73/74.This is a single sheet that sells for £20-£30.
The earliest season i have a full set of is 1958/59.My earliest home is Everton in 45/46,the first match of that season.As far as i know Bolton didn't issue during the war so that is the first home of the 1940s
I also collect major club finals.
rokerprogz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:15 pm 
Post subject:

oldbolt - there is one on eBay at the moment.

I only got my hands on my copy a few months back (as part of a bulk lot.)
oldbolt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:34 am 
Post subject:

I'll watch that one and see if the credit crunch has reduced the price like many others.

Another Sunderland one that is difficult is the League Cup replay at Roker Park in 61/62.The tie at Bolton is in my experience the hardest Bolton home to get that season (£10-£15) but there seem to be less of the away leg about.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

I collect Wolves 57/58 to date. Startes watching Wolves properly then, thats why my collection dates from then. Have a complete collection of home games frrom 57/58 to 2008/09 and many aways.
Didnt consider myself as a collector until about 3 years ago, as I just bought the programmes at the games I went to. Now I have time on my hands I have begun to fill in the aways. Got most up to early 80s, and complete from 57/8 to 69/70.
Also have a lot of books and memorabilia I have bought over the years, not really sure what I have as I dont go through it much, but Ive got 100s of rosettes from the 50s to the 70s from just about every english league team and a few scottish too.
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Rokerprogz and everyone else. Like Rokerprogz i used to collect all Sunderland Home And aways since 1960. I had a fantastic collection including the two away games from Sunderland's only entry into Europe the ultra rare programmes v Sporting and Vasas. Sadly due to circumstances i had to sell my collection and have regret it ever since. Since then iv'e been biting by the bug again. As i've not the time or the space to have such a massive collection again i solely collect Homes from Pre War to 1954/55. The reason is that they are the ones i couldn't afford when i was young and they are very hard to come by as most of you will know, so well worth collecting.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:49 pm 
Post subject: What do you collect

Wulfrunian wrote:
I collect Wolves 57/58 to date. Startes watching Wolves properly then, thats why my collection dates from then. Have a complete collection of home games frrom 57/58 to 2008/09 and many aways.
Didnt consider myself as a collector until about 3 years ago, as I just bought the programmes at the games I went to. Now I have time on my hands I have begun to fill in the aways. Got most up to early 80s, and complete from 57/8 to 69/70.
Also have a lot of books and memorabilia I have bought over the years, not really sure what I have as I dont go through it much, but Ive got 100s of rosettes from the 50s to the 70s from just about every english league team and a few scottish too.
You dont have any DEREK DOUGAN memo going spare do you Wulf,looking for Match reports from Sporting Star & Express & Star from seasons 1967 - 1970 ish.MOLINEUX.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:13 pm 
Post subject:

Quote:
You dont have any DEREK DOUGAN memo going spare do you Wulf,looking for Match reports from Sporting Star & Express & Star from seasons 1967 - 1970 ish.MOLINEUX

I do have some stuff mate, (Posters, photos, one or two match reports, books) but I dont let anything go, only stuff I have twice, and stuff like that I dont have twice, sorry.
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:45 am 
Post subject:

Hello everyone.

I used to use the evertonprogamme forum but have signed up on here now due to the other one being relativley quiet lately.

I collect anything to do with Everton, mainly programmes home and away, pin badges (have about 250) and microstar corinthians(only have about 30 though). I also collect shirts, pennants, anything really which is to do with Everton.

However I havn't bought much over the last year or so (apart from programmes when I go the game). Havn't really had much time to collect and also havn't had the funds due to following the Toffees home and away which is very expensive, especially for a student!

I'm going to put my wants list up soon and would prefer to swap rather than buy! Although I may be tempted to buy a few.

Hopefully I can help some of you out, both Evertonians and other fans and vice versa. If any fans out there are after their teams away programmes at Everton then give me a pm as I have quite a few (mainly 1995-2000) but I have a few from before and after that period aswell.

All the best.

evertonstreetend
zzzz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:14 pm 
Post subject:

Hello

I collect:

Liverpool programmes home from 1960 to now

Liverpool European programmes home and away

Næstved (danish club) Programmes from all time

Match Worn Næstved shirts.

Speedway Grand Prix programmes

Hello from Denmark

Last edited by zzzz on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:49 am; edited 2 times in total
speedykev

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

I collect Peterborough United Home and Away programmes and tickets from both first team and reserve team games.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:17 pm 
Post subject:

As a memorabilia dealer I have loads of programmes but the only ones I collect myself are Albion Player testimonials. I've got most the common ones but must confess over the last few years I've got idle and stopping looking so only get them now when they are offered.
surfinjim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:24 pm 
Post subject:

I used to collect as a kid, from 9/10 though to about the discovery of girls and under age drinking! I used to use a little market stall in Sheffield once a week and built up a completely random collection of programmes, but mainly Wednesday and Scottish (lots of relatives up North).

Moved out to my own place when I was 27 and they were left in my mums loft for 5 years. We are talking approx 1000 progs. Unbeknown to me, I went to get them to try and get my lad interested in football (he's now 7) only to find that my old man had long since taken them to the tip Shocked

Admittedly, I don't recall anything of significant value, but who knows! So to get the collection going again I started buying everything and anything I could get my hands on, which then meant I had to sell on the bits I didn't want. It sort of snow balled from there for the last 2 years. I'll buy a job lot to keep 1 perhaps 2 programmes that either catch my eye and/or are Wednesday.

So at present, my collection is mainly "unusual" Wednesday fixtures (friendlies and Euro games form the 60's) and other games played at Hillsborough. I also have a nice collection of other local clubs going on including Rotherham, The Dingles, Chezzie and even some porkers! (Hello Robbo Wave )

If I see someone wanting a programme I have on here, I'll more than likely sell it and buy something else with the proceeds. read it, save it for a while, and then move it on.

Its a constantly changing collection. Perhaps a hardcore of 100 programmes which are never likely to go, but around 800 in total at present.

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
euro_collector2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:26 pm 
Post subject: My Collection

I collect Glasgow Rangers homes and aways. Have over 1350 homes back to late 40's many issues still to get. Must have around the same in away issues as well. I also collect British/Irish and Welsh Homes and aways in Europe no idea how many I have but have over 500 away's in Europe. Total collection runs to just under 11,400.
Rabski777

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:56 pm 
Post subject:

Collect Kilmarnock home and away. Have every home back to about 1959/60. Missing two aways from the same period-St.Johnstone 69/70 (League), and Dundee Utd 66/7. Have frustratingly never seen either for sale! Have most of Killie's tours of the 1960's as well.

Also collect Scotland home and away (practically complete homes back to 1955), aways are much more recent. Also Scottish Cup finals, and now F.A Cup and European finals.
Bankie boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:08 pm 
Post subject:

Rabski777 wrote:
Collect Kilmarnock home and away. Have every home back to about 1959/60. Missing two aways from the same period-St.Johnstone 69/70 (League), and Dundee Utd 66/7. Have frustratingly never seen either for sale! Have most of Killie's tours of the 1960's as well.

Also collect Scotland home and away (practically complete homes back to 1955), aways are much more recent. Also Scottish Cup finals, and now F.A Cup and European finals.

Welcome to the forum Rabski ,dont suppose you've got a copy of the single sheet issue from Killie v Bankies in feb 85 have you? Smile
Rabski777

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:46 pm 
Post subject:

Pretty sure I do.Will have a look and send you a scan.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: