Football Programmes Centre

!!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fac2527

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:45 pm 
Post subject: !!

Ayatollah

Last edited by fac2527 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
atletico

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 pm 
Post subject:

Another quality rip off !!

No month or year on cover ??

Tottenham Hotspurs ??

Always thought it was Tottenham Hotspur !

I'm also thinking of knocking up a pirate issue on my pc for these matches.
chelseachris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:42 pm 
Post subject:

Garbage, a child could do better.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:01 pm 
Post subject:

It does beg the question - why?
Wullie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:10 pm 
Post subject:

Ok, but why do people pay £100s for pre war pirate programmes ? £300 for a 1908 Newcastle pirate programme last week. Yes they are old, but a unofficial programme is a pirate issue, nothing to do with the clubs involved.

I think this fella is just cashing in on the modern day collectors obsessions. Programmes are not enough, they got to have the teamsheet, the badge and so why no an official programme?
Rocky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:38 pm 
Post subject:

I note that there's potentially two issues now as the Tottenham Hotspurs scan has been replaced by a Tottenham Hotspur scan.

Does the Tottenham Hotspurs one now become a rarity and maybe sell for three figures? Maybe I could knock one up to say Spurs v Chelsea.

If only I had some ink in my printer Crying or Very sad
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:59 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Ok, but why do people pay £100s for pre war pirate programmes ? £300 for a 1908 Newcastle pirate programme last week. Yes they are old, but a unofficial programme is a pirate issue, nothing to do with the clubs involved.

I think this fella is just cashing in on the modern day collectors obsessions. Programmes are not enough, they got to have the teamsheet, the badge and so why no an official programme?

What about the W.H. Smith Cup Final issues, i recall a 1909 Bristol City v Manchester United F.A. Cup Final sold at aucton for around £3300 another was sold privately for around a similar amount, only one original has ever surfaced of which i reported in an earlier post that sold 12 years ago for £16k and Treble99 has said another is about to surface and this one will start at more than that so the WH Smith version looks a bargain at those prices-yes it is a souvenir and not issued by any of the clubs, the following season that featured Newcastle United the WHS version only recently fetched £6600 at auction, so maybe some collectors realise the liklehood of finding an original is quite remote so when an alternative shows up it is grabbed with both hands-where as this garbage produced and badly as we have just seen must cost 20p to produce and is not worth that much!.
I have collected pirate programmes for years and have some interesting ones-for me it is another version besides official one, i and millions of others unsuspectingly as a kid bought one coming off the trains to away matches or off the coaches only realising later we had been duped and someimes at more money than the official one.

Whether or not the programme has any affiliation to the club is maybe nothing to do with it, if you are a collector of that club then maybe you want all the programmes and let's face it in the main they are quite inexpensive, today on ebay a pirate Chelsea v MUFC 1948-9 sold for 51.99-had loads of bids up to 12.50 but a couple of folk wanted it and the seller thought it waa their birthday!

Maybe these types of items are not for evereyone for sure but there will always be someone who wants them..................

I have a pirate issue for the English Cup Semi-Final at Old Trafford between Sheffield United and Burnley from 1914, that copy is all i have ever seen-wonderfully primitive and a rarity.

Again subjective-one mans meat..... I like them, find them interesting and for me they compliment the official but although i have had some for years i prefer anything pre-1960 as insome cases the pirates are far more scarce than the officials and consequntly that is why some hold good prices. I have some where the printers used different colours to be be sold to each set of fans in the 1940's-That is showing some initiative for sure. Maybe pirates or like Marmite..............................
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Wullie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 am 
Post subject:

I would be happy to pay big bucks for a any 1913 Cup Final ( i think there must be 5 or 6 (i have lost count). I don't collect modern programmes, so official or unofficial, they have no interest to me. But this seller has sold quite a few of his pirate copies on Ebay, so people must want them. One mans garbage is anothers treasure.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:49 am 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I would be happy to pay big bucks for a any 1913 Cup Final ( i think there must be 5 or 6 (i have lost count). I don't collect modern programmes, so official or unofficial, they have no interest to me. But this seller has sold quite a few of his pirate copies on Ebay, so people must want them. One mans garbage is anothers treasure.

You originally wrote:"Ok, but why do people pay £100s for pre war pirate programmes ? £300 for a 1908 Newcastle pirate programme last week. Yes they are old, but a unofficial programme is a pirate issue, nothing to do with the clubs involved".

Sorry but i do not follow your reply how you would love to pay big money for a 1913 pirate Final but the original post by you above states the opposite, which is what lead me to reply in the first place.
Maybe all those years of buying pirate programmes at railway stations has taken it's toll on me! hahaha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
James

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:37 pm 
Post subject:

These type of pirate programmes do make me think, i wonder what legality the seller(The producer/publisher/printer) has in terms of use of the teams logo's all of which are copyrighted nowadays. I'm sure that some clubs would be able to sue a fair few people on Ebay, for producing knock off items using club logo's illegally.

I do have pirate programmes in my collection but i these type of ones make me wonder why??

It's not like there isn't going to be a programme produced for the FA Cup Semi Final, and you would think that the FA would meet demand for the item, so the excuse of as a fill in as no programme was issued isn't there, it just seems to be slap something up quickly on a computer and rip people off.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes For Sale at Fixed Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: