Football Programmes Centre

How I store my collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How I store my collection
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:04 pm 
Post subject: How I store my collection

I’m very lucky in that the integral garage had already been converted into an office when we bought the house, so I laid claim to this room for the computer and the collection.

There are 5 bookcases in the room, and I’ve spent hundreds of hours organising and logging everything. I can now get to anything I want with relative ease – no more scrambling through boxes!

I bought 3 cheap bookcases from Argos for around £50 each, but they have been pretty good and the shelves are sturdy enough to hold the weight of the modern stuff that’s on them. They were also cheap enough to take a DIY risk on - I cut one down so it would fit in the gap on the back wall next to the other two!

I’m York City daft, and have collected City programmes since 1976, branching out into team sheets, tickets, and badges over the years. I also collect Manchester United European H&A and their current season from 2005. As an aside, I also obtain league ground first/last programmes and books (as I’m a bit of a ground hopper and a 92 club member), and the excellent United We Stand fanzine.

The majority of programmes are held in club binders that I’ve bought a few hundred of in total over the years from various sources. I’ve just bought a batch from “Programme Binders” and they are excellent as each one holds a full set of modern homes or aways in 2 pockets, one per side of the spine. Highly recommended, especially as Matt who runs the business seems like a top bloke.

The programmes are stored within the binders in envelopes, maybe 3 or 4 programmes per envelope. I then use a sticky label on the front of the envelope to list the contents. I've now started bagging some of the older issues.

Bigger items are held in box files which I’ve run up spine labels for on the PC. Within those boxes, the items tend to be held in plastic wallets.

The City first XI and reserve team sheets are stored in presentation binders which can be bought from Wilkinsons for around £1.30 for a 40 wallet binder (holds 80 team sheets). Again, I’ve knocked up some spines for these on the PC, and some sheets to separate the seasons.

The presentation binders are also great for storing match tickets. Just put a tiny dab of pritt on the back of the ticket, and stick onto an A4 sheet and slide into place - the plastic wallets will then hold them in place. I stiffen the wallets with A4 cardboard at the front, middle, and back pages – this helps keep the binders upright. I have dozens of York City scrapbooks etc but these are in the loft

I’ve managed to sell on most of my other stuff over the years, so the majority of my collection is in one place. If it was all over the house I don’t think the collection would have survived as long!

Everything is logged in an excel spreadsheet – thanks to fellow Forum member Russ Hoban for providing the workbook to start with which I’ve since tweaked a bit. I also have a paper copy of this on the bookcase.

I keep saying I’m going to cut back.............................
clsyorkshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:13 pm 
Post subject:

Looks good Thumbs Up
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:56 pm 
Post subject:

My god do you want to sort out my stock ?

Thinking about if I paid or took as much care over my stock I don't think I would make any profit when sold.

respect !
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:05 pm 
Post subject:

Featherstone Rover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:20 pm 
Post subject:

Cool. Must have taken you ages to do all that. Bow
bluenosebrowny85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

i have to do mine at the end of the month as im moving from my parents into my first home Smile going to take me ages...

i will post on here when im all d Thumbs Up one
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:24 pm 
Post subject: Re: How I store my collection

MINSTERMAN wrote:
I’m very lucky in that the integral garage had already been converted into an office when we bought the house, so I laid claim to this room for the computer and the collection.

There are 5 bookcases in the room, and I’ve spent hundreds of hours organising and logging everything. I can now get to anything I want with relative ease – no more scrambling through boxes!

I bought 3 cheap bookcases from Argos for around £50 each, but they have been pretty good and the shelves are sturdy enough to hold the weight of the modern stuff that’s on them. They were also cheap enough to take a DIY risk on - I cut one down so it would fit in the gap on the back wall next to the other two!

I’m York City daft, and have collected City programmes since 1976, branching out into team sheets, tickets, and badges over the years. I also collect Manchester United European H&A and their current season from 2005. As an aside, I also obtain league ground first/last programmes and books (as I’m a bit of a ground hopper and a 92 club member), and the excellent United We Stand fanzine.

The majority of programmes are held in club binders that I’ve bought a few hundred of in total over the years from various sources. I’ve just bought a batch from “Programme Binders” and they are excellent as each one holds a full set of modern homes or aways in 2 pockets, one per side of the spine. Highly recommended, especially as Matt who runs the business seems like a top bloke.

The programmes are stored within the binders in envelopes, maybe 3 or 4 programmes per envelope. I then use a sticky label on the front of the envelope to list the contents. I've now started bagging some of the older issues.

Bigger items are held in box files which I’ve run up spine labels for on the PC. Within those boxes, the items tend to be held in plastic wallets.

The City first XI and reserve team sheets are stored in presentation binders which can be bought from Wilkinsons for around £1.30 for a 40 wallet binder (holds 80 team sheets). Again, I’ve knocked up some spines for these on the PC, and some sheets to separate the seasons.

The presentation binders are also great for storing match tickets. Just put a tiny dab of pritt on the back of the ticket, and stick onto an A4 sheet and slide into place - the plastic wallets will then hold them in place. I stiffen the wallets with A4 cardboard at the front, middle, and back pages – this helps keep the binders upright. I have dozens of York City scrapbooks etc but these are in the loft

I’ve managed to sell on most of my other stuff over the years, so the majority of my collection is in one place. If it was all over the house I don’t think the collection would have survived as long!

Everything is logged in an excel spreadsheet – thanks to fellow Forum member Russ Hoban for providing the workbook to start with which I’ve since tweaked a bit. I also have a paper copy of this on the bookcase.

I keep saying I’m going to cut back.............................

Well Done-from someone who appreciates the effort and hard work and thought in what you have created!! Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
MisterGas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:16 pm 
Post subject:

Easy Clap Easy Clap Easy Clap Easy Clap Easy
FANTASTIC JOB
Clap Easy Clap Easy Clap Easy Clap Easy Clap
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 pm 
Post subject:

Not as neat as Minsterman's but it does the job (cat licking its arse on my computer chair is not a regular occurance.....)

MisterGas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:20 am 
Post subject:

FANTASTIC JOB TT
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:33 pm 
Post subject:

They both look really good. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Clap Clap Clap
tigertrucker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:47 pm 
Post subject: great collections

Well done fellas,they are really very impressive lot of thought gone into the layouts ,cant wait till I can get my own room.
LCFCmatt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 pm 
Post subject: Re: How I store my collection

MINSTERMAN wrote:

Nice pics Minsterman.
I've only just come across your thread and yet it was a few months ago since you bought the binders from me!

Always happy to hear of a satisfied customer!

Since you bought the binders from me I have now extended the colour range to 7 (black, claret, green, red, royal blue, sky blue & yellow) and hopefully in the next few months I should be getting some A4 binders in stock.
If only I had the time to sort out my own programme collection..... Confused
www.programmebinders.co.uk
Gorgie JT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:19 am 
Post subject:

Most colours covered there Matt.

Apart from MAROON

a few Hearts fans on here Wink
LCFCmatt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 am 
Post subject:

Gorgie JT wrote:
Most colours covered there Matt.

Apart from MAROON

a few Hearts fans on here Wink

I've had Hearts fans buy claret and they were more than happy!

I could send you a sample?
If you are happy with it I'll invoice you. In the unlikely event that you aren't happy send it back to me.
All you have to do is ask.

derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 am 
Post subject:

I wish I was as organised and methodical as the owners of the collections in these photos.
Looks terrific Smile
Are these binders the answer as to how to store a season's worth of modern-day programmes?
My Derby issues are literally stacked up wherever i can find the space. Be that on top of wardrobes, under beds, wherever.
LCFCmatt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject:

derby1884 wrote:
Are these binders the answer as to how to store a season's worth of modern-day programmes?

These binders are definately the answer!! Nod

Eck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:23 pm 
Post subject:

The two pictured are superbly done. Mine are all over the place I have them catalogued on my computer but the physical load i'm finding hard to cope with. All of them are in carrier bags and boxes. and some are in my living room. I really have to get organized, this is my sixth month as a collector, I have over 500 Rangers and about 400 others. I don't know how i'd cope just now with some of your massive collections,any tips would be welcome.I have maybe 150 coming on Saturday and another 60 the following week, but I love it, stops me eating too much as well. Laughing
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:34 pm 
Post subject:

MisterGas wrote:
FANTASTIC JOB TT

I have got all of my FA Cup finals on Photobucket,I had a look at some of yours,what a collection. I have a collection of internationals as well,my oldest programme in my entire collection is England v Argentina from 1951.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:46 am 
Post subject:

Eck wrote:
MisterGas wrote:
FANTASTIC JOB TT

I have got all of my FA Cup finals on Photobucket,I had a look at some of yours,what a collection. I have a collection of internationals as well,my oldest programme in my entire collection is England v Argentina from 1951.

Thank You Eck.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: