Football Programmes Centre

Ebay auction prices of some 51/52 Bolton homes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay auction prices of some 51/52 Bolton homes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldbolt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:52 pm 
Post subject: Ebay auction prices of some 51/52 Bolton homes

highest winning price first

Portsmouth £51.01
Tottenham £39.01
Chelsea £38
Man Utd £24.50
Liverpool £14.00
Sunderland £11.01
Aston Villa £9.91
Wolves £9.27
Arsenal £9.10
Charlton £6.55
Stoke £5.50
Derby £3.21
Huddersfield £2.70
Preston £2.66
Man City £2.29
Blackpool £2.23

They were all in good condition with just minor creasing or team changes.The auctions were in March
Some of those low prices show what bargains can be had at the moment.I paid £10 for the Man City one about five years ago and thought it was a good price at the time.
The Man Utd one is from a Man Utd title winning season and the gate of 55,477 is Bolton's highest post war league attendance so is collectable for two extra reasons.A dealer had one on ebay for a buy it now of over £80 last week.
Conversely there has been quite a lot of competition for Portsmouth aways in the 1950s recently.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:24 pm 
Post subject:

I didn't realise Portsmouth had many collectors of their programmes!

Unless it was a Bolton fan bidding for it?
oldbolt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:24 pm 
Post subject:

I don't know if there is a reason that the programme is rare,it was just a normal Saturday match in November.The same seller had other season's Bolton homes from the 1950s for auction and the Portsmouth ones were more expensive than most.It was mainly Portsmouth fans winning the auctions.

I did manage to win the 54/55 Bolton v Portsmouth for £6.56.I won auctions for eight other Bolton homes from 54/55 and they were all lower prices than that.They included some big names such as Arsenal,Man CIty and Newcastle
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: