Football Programmes Centre

Barcodes on Football Programmes
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Barcodes on Football Programmes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantham

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:00 pm 
Post subject:

Can you imagine how much easier selling football programmes would be if they ALL had unique barcodes ??

We could all standardise on programme listings, we would know exactly what programme you would be getting if they had unique numbers, I've kind of got a system for that, with one or two minor issues, basically it's this
Can you imagine how much easier selling football programmes would be if they ALL had unique barcodes ??

We could all standardise on programme listings, we would know exactly what programme you would be getting if they had unique numbers, I've kind of got a system for that, with one or two minor issues, basically it's this

Allocate each football club a unique number, i.e Arsenal 001, Aston Villa 002 then take the date as 26052009, the simply method would be for Arsenal v Aston Villa on this day we allocate the number 00126052009002 as it's unique barcode, issues that could arise are for example two teams play each other twice on the same day, but that would be resolved by allocating numbers to say Arsenal Reserves and Aston Villa reserves so the same numbers would never duplicate

I currently use this method in the format hometeam-date, which is slightly more open to a team playing twice on the same day (although quite infrequent nowadays.

Can you imagine, going to a website to sell your programmes and all you have to do is enter the barcode and it tells YOU the matchdetails. It would make selling alot easier, the biggest amount of work comes at setup.

What are your thoughts ?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:48 pm 
Post subject:

Grantham,

Ive just moved your post from the Champions League thread as they both have different but valid points in.

Your idea about barcodes for football programmes does seem very good but what about instances when numberous programmes are printed for the same game. For example the Liverpool v Man Utd 2003 Worthy cup final where "Official" was spent wrongly on the majority?
grantham

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:43 pm 
Post subject:

Think that gets covered by my 'one or two minor issues' I would say still only one programme exists, but variations of the programme are available in that re-prints for programmes would be the same. Perhaps a further digit to the code as a type.

Official
Reprint
Pirate
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: