Football Programmes Centre

What are your favourite 5 pieces in your collection?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What are your favourite 5 pieces in your collection?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldbolt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:36 pm 
Post subject:

07/08 Atletico Madrid v Bolton match scarf.They were on sale in the Atletico club shop and have both clubs names either side of an impression of the Estadio Vicente Calderon.What a great night to follow Bolton that was.This is the one item above all others I would never sell.

45/46 Bolton v Liverpool FAC.My oldest cup programme in excellent nick.The 5-0 score is apparantly Liverpool's biggest FA Cup defeat

77/78 Troisdorf v Bolton.The final programme I needed to complete Bolton's 77/78 season which is the earliest I have vivid memories from.I'd seen one sell for £35 on ebay so put in a bid for £30 before going on holiday.I got home to discover i'd won it for under a fiver.It is an impressive 80 pager with some facts about Bolton that I didn't know.

04/05 Tottenham v Bolton Choosing one from the era of the great Sam Allardyce although a section of our support now hate him.
This match fell on my birthday and what a great sight it was to see Bolton go to White Hart Lane, dominate the match and come back with a deserved 3 points.It was the second season in a row Bolton did a league double over Tottenham and it's unlikely to get as good as that again.

87/88 Rochdale v Bolton. I went to the match but made the mistake of joining the queue to get in which was the entire length of the ground rather than join the queue for a programme.2 down with 10 minutes left, Bolton scraped a point with two late goals but the programme sold out and none made it to Bolton's club shop the following week.I went the whole of the 1990s without finding one but then the internet arrived and it was in one of the first online catalogues I looked at.
GreatBarrWolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:48 pm 
Post subject:

Just stumbled across this one but thought I'd give it a go. Then thought what a difficult question this is to answer, however, have narrowed it down to the following which are not in any particular order.

Wolves v QPR 18th April 2009 - The game where we clinched promotion back to the Premier League - on the pitch and all those celebrations!!!!

Wolves v Liverpool (FA Cup 5) 11th February 1939 - Oldest Wolves home in my collection and picked it up for £30 some four years ago.

Wolves Women v Arnold Town Ladies 28th September 1997 - My first attempt at programme production/editing and still getting a kick out of it.

Wolves v Manchester City (League Cup Final) 2nd March 1974 - Victory at Wembley against all the odds and I was their. Wonderful memories for a ten year old.

Wolves v West Brom (Charity Shield) 29th September 1954 - Standard league type issue of that season but one of the rearest Wolves homes since the war for what must have been a cracking game that ended 4-4.
The SFC Chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 pm 
Post subject:

Stevenage vs Newcastle 1998 FA Cup 4th Round - Probably the most famous game we've ever played in.

Stevenage vs Newcastle 2011 FA Cup 3rd Round - Biggest cup upset we've ever made.

Stevenage vs Kidderminster 2007 FA Trophy Final - Great comeback from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the first ever competitive game and final at the New Wembley.

Stevenage vs Macclesfield 2010 League Two - First ever Stevenage game in the Football League.

England vs Wales 2011 Euro Qualifier - My first ever England game.
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:25 pm 
Post subject: MY 5 FAVOURITE PROGRAMMES IN MY COLLECTION.

Very good topic, for what its worth here is mine. 1. Hearts v Motherwell League Cup Final 1954. 2 Hearts v Celtic Scottish Cup Final 1956 3 Standard Leige v Hearts European Cup ( The Holy Grail for Jambos )4 St Johnstone 1 Hearts 4 2 - 2 - 64 (My first game ) 5 Hearts v Rangers Scottish Cup Final 1998 ( Thank you Colin Cameron a had 5 pounds first scorer at 12 to 1. It only took him 2minutes, that paid for my 2 tickets and a couple of sherbets. HAPPINESS IS BEING A JAMBO.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: MY 5 FAVOURITE PROGRAMMES IN MY COLLECTION.

highlandjambo wrote:
3 Standard Leige v Hearts European Cup ( The Holy Grail for Jambos )

You lucky lucky laddie Clap
highlandjambo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:38 pm 
Post subject: Standard Leige v Hearts 1958

AYE BUT A NEVER SAID WHAT IT COST. HAPPINESS IS BEING A JAMBO.
NICKTHERED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:17 pm 
Post subject:

Hi, there are many I have picked up over the years , but
1) a Worcester City v Liverpool 1959 F.A.CUP 5th round programme (Worcester won 2-1)
2)a Panathinakos v Liverepool 1985 European Cup S/Final programme signed by BoB Paisley.
3)All 4 programmes from the Liverpool v Koln European Cup games from 1965, Koln 10th feb, Liverpool 3rd march, Liverpool 17th march, Rotterdam 24th march.
4)a programme from the Toyota Cup 1981 Liverpool v Flamengo from Tokyo.
5)a Bell's Manager of the year tie from 1981.

are my best 5 items I think ?
All the best from
NICKTHERED Thumbs Up
LCFCmatt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:41 pm 
Post subject:

Bit of a tough question but I would have to say these 5 in no particular order:

Chelsea Res V Leicester Fosse Res 1913/14,
Combined Transvaal V Leicester City (Friendly 1961) prog,
Red Star Belgrade V Leicester City (UEFA Cup 2000/01) prog,
Thailand V Leicester City (Friendly 2010) unused ticket,
A stadium seat from Filbert Street.
bpaafc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 am 
Post subject:

Reading v Bradford Park Avenue away 1907
Chelsea v " " " away 1928
Accrington Stanley v Bradford Park Avenue away 1960
Bradford Park Avenue v Scunthorpe United home 1970
" " " v Great Harwood home 1974

Their all my favourates that I have, I intend making the top two grow when I have the money again, which I will have soon.
bladesmad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:42 am 
Post subject:

What would have been my favourite and prized programme would have been 2008/09 vs. Burnley at home. A week later United were at Swansea and myself and my ex travelled down the day before the match. As we got past Birmingham I decided to stop at services.

Whilst we was there we saw the entire Sheffield United team and I used that programme to chase down their autographs. I got almost them all from Paddy Kenny, James Beattie, Chris Morgan, Matt Kilgallon, Nathan Dyer (was on loan at the time) and many others including Gary Speed.

We went into WH Smiths and saw Beattie & Kilgallon looking at Where's Wally Books, lol. Anyways she kept the programme and when we split up I asked for it back but she said she'd lost it.

Other than the one I lost I don't have any that are important to me.
HK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:15 pm 
Post subject: Leeds collection

In prioritized order:

1) 1972-73 Hajduk vs Leeds U, Cup win cup
2) 1913-14 Leeds City vs Lincoln, League
3) 1967-68 Ferencvaros vs Leeds U, Fairs cup final
4) 1961-62 Leeds U vs Rotherham, LC replay
5) Still to be collected! Cool

Very Happy
nozer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:50 pm 
Post subject: Re: Leeds collection

HK wrote:
In prioritized order:

Very Happy

Some very "rare" items there i would guess .
CF14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Not too valuable, but sentimental none the less...

Cardiff v Real Madrid - for obvious reasons
Cardiff v Preston NE 86/87 - My first game!!
Cardiff v Halifax Town 87/88 Div.4 - I was mascot
Cardiff v Botafogo - Friendly 88/89 - stood by the tunnel and got signed by what I think is the whole Botafogo squad
Cardiff v Ipswich - last game at Ninian Park - emotional!
Ayatollah

Its funny how many programme covers stand out to me. When looking through my collection I can remember a lot. If I could scan them in a top 5 of favourite programme covers would be good!!
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 pm 
Post subject: Re: Leeds collection

nozer wrote:
HK wrote:
In prioritized order:

Very Happy

Some very "rare" items there i would guess .

All worth over a £1k each.... Minimum!!

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Wullie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 pm 
Post subject:

Sunderland's games in Europe.
1. v Vasas
2. v Sporting Lisbon.
3. eh, oh God this is embarrassing , that is it. Sad Sad
(does Anglo Italian Competition Count ?)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:18 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Sunderland's games in Europe.
1. v Vasas
2. v Sporting Lisbon.
3. eh, oh God this is embarrassing , that is it. Sad Sad
(does Anglo Italian Competition Count ?)

Home and away? Pre season? Can just about get to 5!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:37 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
I'm cheating and going for two lots of five, one lot which is my five favourite items, follwed by five items that mean the most;

1976 Australia v Hearts
"Soccer World" newspaper which is also the official programmes, probably one of the rarest post-war Hearts programmes, had it for over 20 years and in that time never seen another for sale

1936-37 Hearts v Aberdeen
My first, and only, pre-war Hearts issue, reputed to be the great Tommy Walker's copy.

Scotland v England 1939
Picked it up quite recently and I love the history associated with the programme and the great names listed. Also the adverts hold a certain fascination!

Hearts v Hibs 1940/50's
OK I'm cheating slightly, but this was the era where the Edinburgh clubs took turns to dominate Scottish football and the programmes were also the best on offer.

Southern League v Athenian League 1921/22 @ Wimbledon
My oldest programme, picked up from ebay in a terrible state, expertly restored by Eamonn at Progrmame Preservations. One of the earliest Wimbledon programme I imagine.

then.......

France v Scotland 2007
Never thought I'd see the day we did the double over a side like France (as was then), great goal from Faddy and blagged a copy of the VIP programme and teamsheet from a French VIP after the game.

Croatia v Scotland 2000
A great week long trip with lasting friendships made. Didn't get the programme at the time as it ws VIP only but obtained it a year or two later. Start of a decade long obsession of following Scotland all over the place (yes, I'm masochistic)

Hearts v Dynamo Kiev 1982/83
A midweek friendly, so the St.Johns Ambulanceman who travelled on our supporters bus got me in to sit with him trackside. I was only 12 and the great Oleg Blokhin came over to collect the ball from the track, mis-controlled it and kicked it against me, it was a wet night and my programme got a bit grubby from the mud on the ball. Still have the programme! he did say sorry in Russian though, I think....This was my first season watching Hearts regularly in the depths of Divison One.

Wimbledon v Liverpool 1988/89
First Wimbledon game after moving down south and a mate persuaded me to go along, Plough Lane was a great place to watch the big teams being humbled! Now a Dons Trust members and get down to see a few AFC games every season.

Blackburn United v Haddington Athletic 1992/93
My first stab at programme editing for my local club, still doing it off and on 20 years later. Wink Wink

Interesting to look back at this, two of my top 5 have been sold (Australia v Hearts and Athenian League v Southern League), to finance new Scotland purchases.
perlmut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:11 am 
Post subject:

The early stuff aside not say, say this year. This items is one of my favorite collections. That is Celtic's white and green striped shirt.
ianlambert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:50 am 
Post subject:

A very personal one this:

1. Rangers FC Sports programme 6 Aug 1927. My grandfather played for Cowdenbeath in the Five-a-Side Tournament.

2. Complete bound volume of the saturday evening Edinburgh sports newspaper The Sports Dispatch for 1929, featuring match reports for the whole of Scotland for that year. 104 editions (Early and Final).

3. Complete bound volume of the German football newspaper Der Kicker for 1928. It features reports and photographs of Cowdenbeath's tour of Germany, where they played five matches against the German Olympic team. My grandfather was the centre-forward in those matches.

4. Two autograph books collected by a York City fan from 1934-35 and 1935-36, featuring full team autographs for many of the Division Three North teams for those seasons. My grandfather is on the Hartlepools United team. Also included is the Arsenal team from the match vs Sunderland, where they recorded the record attendance at Highbury, and also the York vs Derby County FA Cup match, when Gallacher was paying for Derby. Great provenance, with the lad's name and address in the front of the books.

5. A scrapbook from 1932-33 featuring the compiler's father, who was at Man City and Ashton National. It also features photographs and excerpts of my grandfather, when he was at Ashton on loan from Bury.

As you can see, it's heavily biased towards the career of my grandfather, Duncan Lindsay, and all the more remarkable for me having had to collect it from scratch. He wasn't a fan of hoarding stuff. More's the pity.
Ronsaunders

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:53 pm 
Post subject:

After a bit of thought, here goes mine. Not necessarily all that valuable, but it's all a very personal perspective.
1. Partizan Belgrade v Aston Villa pennant 1995. Game was postponed and this was the pennant that Villa were going to present to Partizan before the game.
2. Villa share transfer documentation signed by Howard Vaughton, the Prince of Full Backs, Howard Spencer and one of the 2 greatest men in Villa's history, George Ramsay.
3. Press ticket for the 1968 Digbeth Civic Hall protest meeting that led, ultimately to the revolution at Villa. Given to me by a friend who was one of the organisers
4. Press ticket for Villa v Besiktas in the European Cup in 1982. Official attendance was 167 as the game was played behind closed doors. Each one individually signed by Steve Stride.
5. Villa v Dundee United programme in Atlanta in 1969. The proverbial rocking horse…….
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: