Football Programmes Centre

Linfield
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Linfield

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carl66

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:45 pm 
Post subject: Linfield

Hi we are a group of Cardiff city supporters who are in belfast on weekend feb4th. we intend to go and watch linfield play at home on the saturday.........any tip for a bar to have a drink.....where to go in the ground....have a beer at half time and after the game etc.
cheers all
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:05 pm 
Post subject: NI

I saw Grimsby play Linfield at Windsor Park in the early 1990's. I was lucky enough to view it from the hospitality suite above one of the goals (don't know if it's open to all fans nowadays) courtesy of tickets from the late Arthur Man, who used to be assistant manager to Grimsby Town (did a wee bit of scouting for the club in south west Scotland in the early 90's)
Remember drinking Guinness and Jamiesons - the two just seemed to go effortlessly together - and thinking "This is how football should be watched!"
If you can get in there, it's a cracking place to watch the game from. Belfast City centre, of course, needs no introductions about how or where to drink!!! Have a great weekend. You must try the "Crown" pub - it's opposite the Europa hotel (Europe's most bombed hotel is it's claim to fame) I assume it's still run by NI's version of the National Trust? Everything as it was in the 19th century. A "must drink in" pub if in Belfast. Everyone will tell you how to get there.
garyspain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

The bar is the viewing lounge and has a view of the pitch albeit through glass. You do lose the atmosphere there though. Nice spot for a pint or two before and afterwards.

You can walk back to the city centre and stop off if thirsty on the way.

Enjoy.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: