Football Programmes Centre

Programme Shops
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme Shops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:07 am 
Post subject: Programme Shops

Are there many Programme Shops left? I know there's one or two in Glasgow for example and I'm sure one or two of the well known Websites still run shops that you can call in. I'm guessing that a few still run close to/linked to specific football clubs which are great but they (mostly) serve fans of that club..

Any thoughts?
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:54 am 
Post subject:

I don't think there are that many left now.

Especially in the current financial climate alot may have folded or just gone to internet trading.

Plus, and this is just a personnal opinion, the hobby is not as popular as it once was back in the 80's/90's. Shops won't get a great deal of business as out of 100 people in the street probably one 1 would collect programmes.

I always remember back in the 90's going to the St Helens Fair (Shirdley Park) and there was those stalls that sold random things abit like a car boot in those big white tents. Every year I would go and pick up 60's programmes for around 50p a go and I thought I was a great bargain hunter! Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: