Football Programmes Centre

Our new site - FootyFirst.co.uk !
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Our new site - FootyFirst.co.uk !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootyFirst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:03 pm 
Post subject: Our new site - FootyFirst.co.uk !

Hi everybody!

We thought we'd share our link in this thriving Football Programme community.

We are new to the internet, and our page is still under construction, but already has many quality items uploaded and we will also be adding hundreds of individual signed pictures, rare team photo's, and unique football memorabilia

Best wishes

Nick

www.footyfirst.co.uk

Last edited by FootyFirst on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 am; edited 2 times in total
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 pm 
Post subject:

Can't beat spam for your first post can you Smile
FootyFirst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

grantham - hardly spam my friend!

I believe this is a section to post your websites for advertisement purposes. Please correct me if I'm wrong, and I'll gladly remove it!

Best wishes Smile

Nick
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:59 pm 
Post subject:

Good luck with the site, can't have enough football memorabilia sites I say Smile

Don't know about the colour and some work to do on formatting the site still but suppose it's difficult to fit all subjects into an off the shelf solution.
FootyFirst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
Good luck with the site, can't have enough football memorabilia sites I say Smile

Don't know about the colour and some work to do on formatting the site still but suppose it's difficult to fit all subjects into an off the shelf solution.

Hi KickOff!

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I've had similar thoughts about the colour scheme - with the black background, white text normally a bit of an eye strainer!! I'm going to see how we get on with it, there isn't too much text on the site and it does contrast nicely with pics Wink

Tell me about it re formatting, its like moving house, theres things everywhere!! All the best mate, cheers

Nick
surfinjim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:22 pm 
Post subject:

[/quote]

about the colour scheme - with the black background, white text normally a bit of an eye strainer!! I'm going to see how we get on with it, there isn't too much text on the site and it does contrast nicely with pics Wink

[/quote]

Just had a look. With the pics it does look really good. Nothing I'm after though! Confused

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:25 pm 
Post subject:

FootyFirst wrote:
Kickoff3pm wrote:

Hi KickOff!

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I've had similar thoughts about the colour scheme - with the black background, white text normally a bit of an eye strainer!! I'm going to see how we get on with it, there isn't too much text on the site and it does contrast nicely with pics Wink

Tell me about it re formatting, its like moving house, theres things everywhere!! All the best mate, cheers

Nick

You think it's difficult to get started ? wait till you have a site for a few years - updating can be worse but if you are dealing in highend items you may not hit the - is it all worth it ? I mean images, titles, descriptions and SEO can be a pain with unque items. Thats why the are all those site with "endless lists of text" as you mention on your site.

We are well into our 11th year online now and this looks to be our best but still only earning a 3rd of the wages I used to get from my last job. Still better then getting up at 7am saying to an idiots for 40 hours a week Smile I only answer to one idiot now - ME Smile
FootyFirst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:30 pm 
Post subject:

surfinjim wrote:

about the colour scheme - with the black background, white text normally a bit of an eye strainer!! I'm going to see how we get on with it, there isn't too much text on the site and it does contrast nicely with pics Wink

[/quote]

Just had a look. With the pics it does look really good. Nothing I'm after though! Confused

Jim Thumbs Up[/quote]

Thanks Jim! I just changed a bit of text on the front page, so it has a white background. I deffo think that with big chunks of text it is harder to read white with bb, but I agree it looks good with the pics Wink Check back soon, we've only started uploading items, we've got many many more Smile Good luck with your collection.

Best wishes

Nick
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

ff, it really depends on what "black" and what "white" you use. I don't think our front page is hard to read - http://www.football4sale.co.uk
FootyFirst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
FootyFirst wrote:
Kickoff3pm wrote:

Hi KickOff!

Nick

You think it's difficult to get started ? wait till you have a site for a few years - updating can be worse but if you are dealing in highend items you may not hit the - is it all worth it ? I mean images, titles, descriptions and SEO can be a pain with unque items. Thats why the are all those site with "endless lists of text" as you mention on your site.

We are well into our 11th year online now and this looks to be our best but still only earning a 3rd of the wages I used to get from my last job. Still better then getting up at 7am saying to an idiots for 40 hours a week Smile I only answer to one idiot now - ME Smile

Congrats on the 11 years, thats amazing! Well I am a programme fanatic (and footy) so i see it as much of a hobby as I do a trader Wink I've luckily got some really special contacts so I'm going to be putting up some very worthwhile items soon. Heres to another 11 Years Thumbs Up

All the best!

Nick
FootyFirst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:41 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
ff, it really depends on what "black" and what "white" you use. I don't think our front page is hard to read - http://www.football4sale.co.uk

Very true KickOff, I've still got some tinkering to do with layout, format etc, so we'll weight things up Smile

Thanks for the comment,

FF
Paul Ross

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm 
Post subject:

be carefull here lads, theres no contact information on the site, claims to have 1 full time staff member and two part time but looks a micky mouse outfit to me.
FootyFirst

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Paul Ross wrote:
be carefull here lads, theres no contact information on the site, claims to have 1 full time staff member and two part time but looks a micky mouse outfit to me.

For your benefit Paul, although I don't take kindly to your wrong presumption, I have updated the contact information immediately.

Best wishes

FF
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:06 am 
Post subject:

FootyFirst wrote:
Paul Ross wrote:

For your benefit Paul, although I don't take kindly to your wrong presumption, I have updated the contact information immediately.

Best wishes

FF

Feel free to contribute to a thead not relating to your own website too
goonerboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:03 am 
Post subject:

just checked the site and you may want to adjust your price on the 1927 arsenal v brentford item. The prog is a reserve team fixture not first division. The scan you included shows it is London Combination.

In any case £175 is not really competitive for a div 1 fixture from that year for arsenal (nearer half that) but for a reserve item you are probably talking about £40.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: