Football Programmes Centre

Ayr United Collection
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ayr United Collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snapper

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:40 pm 
Post subject: Ayr United Collection

I am considering selling my collection of Ayr United home and aways dating back to 1956.

At the last count I had approx 1100 including some very rare ones like the one for the Celtic game in the mid 70's when the prog was scrapped after a postponement. A number (rumoured to be 100) were rescued from a skip.

I would like them to go as a job lot and would be prepared to meet someone to exchange as I couldn't imagine posting them out.

Anyone interested ?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:20 pm 
Post subject: Ayr United

I could be very interested in the collection, albeit mainly the pre 1970 issues. If you live in Ayrshire, I'm only just down the road, and watch my football at Auchinleck. What are you looking for them, and if the price is right can we meet for me to view them?
snapper

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Auchinleckian

I'm based in Belper, Derbyshire (don't ask !) - not quite a nip round the corner is it ?

To be honest I have no idea what the price for them would be - if anyone out there has any idea on a value for a collection of this size I'd be most grateful for your thoughts.

I'm thinking of emailing the club to see if they would be interested.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:06 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Snapper,
I know Auchkinlechian is interested in buying some of them off you, but I have always found him the most knowledgable person when it comes to pricing items.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:37 pm 
Post subject: ayr

Forest Mick - your bung's in the post.....
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: