Football Programmes Centre

Making Your Own Programme Website
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Making Your Own Programme Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:22 pm 
Post subject: Making Your Own Programme Website

I've noticed that a couple of people on here have created their own websites to display their programme collections.

I'm just wondering how easy it is to do, and what are the costs involved?

I've already scanned most of my programmes and was thinking of a possibly creating a website for them in the future.
MaccProgrammesWanted

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 pm 
Post subject:

Flickr is a great website to use for just showing off your collection. If you currently don't have a large number of programmes then it should be free. However, if you want to carry on doing this then it would cost around £15 a year Smile

If you want to see how it works then look at the link in my signature. Good luck Thumbs Up
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 pm 
Post subject:

As maccprogs rightly pointed out, £15 for the year on Flickr if you're planning on uploading more than 100 per month,

otherwise it's free.

Its very easy to use, even treble99 worked it out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
cook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers lads. Just made one the other day (still a work in progress), and hopefully it'll appear in my signature from now on. If not it's at:

http://www.flickr.com/alnwicktownafcprogrammes
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

The problem you'll find with flickr is it's not likely to get natural traffic so you'll have to drive traffic to it by telling people about your site as it may not perform well in search engines.

If anyone wants a full shopping cart I have a number of licenses I'm not using and would be happy to sell. My host can do UK hosting with free domain for about £17 a year.
Irish Rover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:28 pm 
Post subject: Making Your Own Programme Website

if you dowload dreamweaver you can build a webite very easly but you will have to get somewhere to host it and a web address also
PeterE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:54 am 
Post subject:

I use Windows Business Live which is about £10 for 2 years.

www.aberdeenfcprogrammes.co.uk

If you type Aberdeen Programmes in Google it shows on the first page, but I'm not sure if that is because I've had it for about 3 years and the traffic has generated the high ranking, or not.
treble99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:25 am 
Post subject:

i am not sure if you have this or can use it but you are welcome to draw it down.
i have a programme from Manchester United v Aberdeen played at Old Trafford on 20/4/1925.
i have placed a scan of the front cover and team page on my flickr page.
it is in the section marked "Manchester United in the 1920's" and also "not many of these buggers about"
it was a testimonial match for 2 Manchester United players.
Manchester United produced a double issue programme for the game and also v Southampton on 22/4/1925.
i don't have any information on the Aberdeen game.
Manchester United got promoted out of the second division this season as runners up.
The crowd for the Southampton game was recorded as 40,000 so there is a good chance the testimonial was well supported.
if you do want to use the photo or need any further info on this programme send me a pm .
i hope it helps

-------------------------------
www.flickr.com/photos/63580000@N04/sets
the largest private Manchester United collection coming to a computer near you
updates most days
PeterE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:27 am 
Post subject:

PM sent treble99
treble99

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:47 am 
Post subject:

Peter
as per your request i have sent you a scan of the other pages of the Manchester United v Aberdeen programme from 1924/25.
In case there are any Southampton collectors in our midst who have an interest i would inform you that this programme is a double issue and also covers the league game between Manchester United v Southampton in 1924/25.
All pages now loaded onto flickr
For other Scottish collectors i have today loaded onto my flickr page a programme for the game between Manchester United v Motherwell from 1927/28.
Is it possible that this is the oldest known programme involving Motherwell.
I would be pleased to receive any information on this statement.
The game was a friendly played to raise funds for the Manchester Evening News to take underprivileged kids to the park for a day out.
Now they just let them riot!!
I believe that this programme is the only one in existence for this game as i have never seen it anywhere else.
It can be found in the Manchester United in the 1920's section on my flickr page.
Another probably the "only one in existence" is in the same 1920's section and if there are any Corinthian collectors about you might like to view it.
It is a game played over the Christmas period in 1927.
It is Manchester United v Corinthians on 28/12/1927 and is a single card.
Research in the records of Manchester United have shown that this was played under "cup tie" rules ie they split" the gate money.
I have found no other information on this game so any help would be appreciated

----------------------------------
updates most days
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:26 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:
Peter
as per your request i have sent you a scan of the other pages of the Manchester United v Aberdeen programme from 1924/25.
In case there are any Southampton collectors in our midst who have an interest i would inform you that this programme is a double issue and also covers the league game between Manchester United v Southampton in 1924/25.
All pages now loaded onto flickr
For other Scottish collectors i have today loaded onto my flickr page a programme for the game between Manchester United v Motherwell from 1927/28.
Is it possible that this is the oldest known programme involving Motherwell.
I would be pleased to receive any information on this statement.
The game was a friendly played to raise funds for the Manchester Evening News to take underprivileged kids to the park for a day out.
Now they just let them riot!!
I believe that this programme is the only one in existence for this game as i have never seen it anywhere else.
It can be found in the Manchester United in the 1920's section on my flickr page.
Another probably the "only one in existence" is in the same 1920's section and if there are any Corinthian collectors about you might like to view it.
It is a game played over the Christmas period in 1927.
It is Manchester United v Corinthians on 28/12/1927 and is a single card.
Research in the records of Manchester United have shown that this was played under "cup tie" rules ie they split" the gate money.
I have found no other information on this game so any help would be appreciated

----------------------------------
updates most days

Halifax Town played Motherwell in a friendly match on 17th April 1926. I was told about 5 years that a programme exists but i have never seen one, it would have been a 4-page teamsheet or single card as they were issued by Halifax through the 1920's and 1930's for friendly's and benefit/testimonial matches
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: