Football Programmes Centre

Spurs XI teamsheets from Portugal
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Spurs XI teamsheets from Portugal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:50 pm 
Post subject: Spurs XI teamsheets from Portugal

Can any Spurs, Forest or Brighton collectors authenticate the provenance of the yellow teamsheets which were sold on ebay for the preseason friendly matches Spurs XI v Nottingham Forest and Spurs XI v Brighton played on the Algarve in July. Were they available at the matches or are they of dubious origin?
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:54 pm 
Post subject:

The Spurs v Forest teamsheets were available at game, but not seen one yet. PM TrentEndProgrammes, as I believe he got some formt he game.
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:19 pm 
Post subject:

I was going to ask people's advice on this. Nothing against Gary at Trent End Programmes but what he's selling is a photocopy of a blank sheet of paper filled in by the two teams and left (I believe) in the referee's dressing room.

The official line is that there wasn't anything produced for the game, definitely no programme, and no team-sheet either (as per Fraser Nicholson, the Forest press officer who was at the game doing commentary for the Forest on-line subscription service), that said, I was at the game in Albufeira in 2009 between Forest and Sporting Lisbon (same ground), and was assured nothing was available, but low and behold, 9 months later a teamsheet appeared at the MSR Newsagents on Trent Bridge.

Judging by what Gary has I would say that there was nothing officially released, which is what I plan to list it as, but what would others do in this case?

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
johnwells

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:19 pm 
Post subject: tottenham in portugal

According to ALL sources at my club Brighton NOTHING was issued for the Brighton tottenham game in oortuga NOT EVEN A PRESS SHEET .

apparently albon had to write out their own one

john
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
wdy11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:55 pm 
Post subject:

The guy selling the printed ones always sells tottenham stuff which no-one else seems to get. I wonder if its just something he produces to make a quick buck??? Not too sure about the ones that are photocopies given to the referee, but to be honest its not something I would pay for Id rather have a whole in the collection for something not produced.
aerophil901

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:10 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all
I bought a copy of the printed version for both the Spurs v Forest and the one against Brighton. I have to say that I very much doubt that these are ones produced by the organising club. I suspect that they were either produced by some enterprising chap out in Portugal, possible or simply knocked up over here.
I did query them when I bought them but was assured that they were bought at the ground. What I would say is quality is very poor.
To be honest I think I would prefer to have a gap in the collection
johnwells

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:21 pm 
Post subject: TOTTENHAM BRIGHTON TEAMSHEET

hi would anyone with a copy of the Brighton teamsheet be able, and willing, to either scan me a copy, or email me please.

happy to pay for a copy and fo it tt be marked copy

thank you

john
aerophil901

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:36 pm 
Post subject:

Hi John

I am quite happy to send you a scan of the one I have. Or copy it and send it to you.
I would just like to repeat what I said in my earlier post that I cant be sure if these actually came from the game.
If you want to pm me you email address we can work something out.
best regards phil
aerophil901

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 pm 
Post subject:

Hi John
I have just sent you a scan of the teamsheet

best regards phil
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: