Football Programmes Centre

Shocked
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:26 pm 
Post subject: Shocked

and pretty p*ssed off with attitude of charlton athletic football club...I was not aware that there was a programme issued with the PP match against cardiff in feb as I was on holiday...been desperately trying to get one.there were over 50 printed..spoke to the club no joy..wouldnt give details of there printers either + nothing in the programme to suggest who they are.

Around 50 were sold at normal cover price...

Then the best bit spoke to the programme editor...he stated they had about 5 left...the only way to buy one...bid for it on ebay, we need to raise funds!!! £30 one went for last week....now from a individual buying them from the club then selling id accept but the club selling them and quite obviously taking the piss by selling them at 10 times there cover price is shocking.

City had a PP match against Derby... every one at cover price...none of this rip people off bollocks...wonder if there chairman knows whats going on !! ....perhaps an email is needed!!

No
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 pm 
Post subject:

Write a letter of complaint mate but address it to the chairman!

If you take it to the top and mention the programme editor I'm sure he wouldn't like this story to go to the local press. No
matt blue

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

I certainly will be -- to be honest, I doubt its to raise funds...how is £150 going to effect the day to day running of the club...personally I think its all ££ for one big piss up !!
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:05 pm 
Post subject:

mattblue wrote:
I certainly will be -- to be honest, I doubt its to raise funds...how is £150 going to effect the day to day running of the club...personally I think its all ££ for one big piss up !!

Given that the publishers get bugger all squared from the club you should cut out the middle man (if possible).

50 my ass - there are 500 people out there minimum who want to buy these!
coolascustard

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

Being thick whats a pp match.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:14 pm 
Post subject:

PostPoned Thumbs Up
coolascustard

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:16 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers definitely thick.
Lord Doggett

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

I'm puzzled, why would they print just 50 in the first place, surely the printer would either have done the whole print run, or nothing at all, printing just 50 full colour programmes would have cost them a fortune, the whole expense is the "plates" not the ink and paper.
I think someone at the Valley is trying it on........
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:26 pm 
Post subject: Charlton

I think what you'll find has happened is that after the game was postponed the vast majority of the programmes will have been pulped. Someone will have realised there's a market for postponed games and saved a few with the sole purpose of cashing in on them. It's happened since time immemorial at clubs where somebody in the back room has a basic knowledge of programme collecting and understands there's money to be made.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: