Football Programmes Centre

2011/12 Rules
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2011/12 Rules

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Geddon's Football League Predictor Competition 2011/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geddon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:52 pm 
Post subject: 2011/12 Rules

Football League Prediction League, 2011-2012 Season

Welcome to the Football Programme Forum's Football League Prediction League for the 2011-2012 season. Now in it's third season, there have been a few minor rule adjustments for this season. There is no need to register for this competition, simply enter your predictions in the relevant thread and you will be automatically entered onto the leaderboard.

Matchday Scoring
- Each matchday will consist of twelve games from the Football League for the given weekend (Saturday & Sunday). On FA Cup First, Second, Third and Fourth round weekends, the matches will be split between League games and Cup games.

- Dates are as follows:
August (4): 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
September (4): 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th
October (5): 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
November (4): 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
December (5): 3rd, 10th, 17th, 26th, 31st
January (5): 2nd, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
February (4): 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
March (5): 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st
April (5): 7th, 9th, 14th, 21st, 28th
May (1): 5th
Playoff semi-finals (1)

- There will be additional prediction games over the Christmas and Easter periods, however scheduled midweek matchdays will not be included. This gives a total of forty-twomatchdays throughout the season.

- The playoff semi-finals will be used to make up the forty-third and final week.

- Points will be awarded as follows: three points for the correct score, one point for the correct result.

- Each week you will get to choose one game as your "Joker" - all points accumulated in this game will be doubled (i.e. 6 for the correct score, 2 for correct result). If you do not select a "Joker" all matches will be scored normally.

- You will also nominate a goal scorer from any of the weekends League (or Cup) matches. If this person scores, you will gain two extra points, plus one more point for any addition goals scored (so a hat-trick is worth 4 points). When submitting your goal scorer please enter their full name and club (i.e. Stephen Dobbie (Swansea)), or I may mistake your chosen scorer for someone else.
Remember that a weekends matches include only games played on Saturdays and Sundays, so take care not to use a goalscorer from a club who are playing on the Friday or Monday.

- Theoretically there is no maximum score for any individual weekend, because your nominated scorer could score an unlimited amount of goals, but obviously it'll be very rare that they'll score more than three. Thus the maximum number of points available for the weekend will be (11*3) + (1*6) + 4 = 39.

Total Scoring - Changes from last season
- Unlike last season, your overall score will now not be the average amount of points that you've accumulated. Rather the sum of points accumulated will be used. This does not change a great deal, but provides more clarity for everyone - knowing how many points ahead/behind someone you are, for example.

- As the average points system is no longer being used, there is no minimum amount of weeks that you need to play to be eligible for the leaderboard.

- A maximum of thirty weeks will be counted in your final score. Anyone who plays for more than thirty weeks will have only their best thirty scores included in their total. This is to ensure that people who play every week get some advantage, but players who miss a few weeks are not punished too harshly. It will also ensure that at the end of the season, the prediction league will be identical to last season, but with people having a better idea of what is needed.

Postponements
- Inevitably over the course of the season some matches will be postponed. If, on any given matchday, half the matches or more are called off, then that week shall be declared void, and may later be replaced by a midweek game later in the season. If four or fewer matches are postponed from the weekends fixtures, then the scoring will go ahead as normal, but weighted so that your score is not effected by the postponements.

For example, if you scored 8 points in a week, and two games were called off, you will receive 10 points.

Prediction Submission
- All submissions must be made within one hour of the kick-off of the first game of the matchday. Submissions after this time will still be accepted, however any games that have already been played will be automatically scored as zero (this includes the goal scorer). Submissions should be made via the message board, however you may also email them to me at predictions AT fish1987 DOT com if you are unable to use the message board for any reason.

- I will endeavour to publish the weekends fixtures on the previous weekend or Monday, however this may not always be possible.

- Results will usually be published on the Sunday/Monday after the games are completed but may sometimes be late. Results will consist of a list of all scores for the weekend, as well as the current leaderboard.

- If you believe that I have calculated your score incorrectly, please do not hesitate to contact me, at predictions AT fish1987 DOT com, and I will investigate for you. The scores are, however, calculated by a spreadsheet (except for the goal scorer) and therefore should be 100% accurate. In general if your score is wrong, it will be because of an erroneous input or an oversight regarding the goal scorer on my part.

- As the Prediction League is free to enter, there will obviously be no major prize at the end of the season for the winner.

- Finally, thanks for reading, and thank you for entering, and good luck! Any questions feel free to ask them in this thread.
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Geddon's Football League Predictor Competition 2011/12 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: