Football Programmes Centre

Rules for Tipster 2011-12
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rules for Tipster 2011-12

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Toffee Dan's Tipster Competition 2011/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:41 pm 
Post subject: Rules for Tipster 2011-12

The competition will be as follows:

a) All play All in a weekly head-to-head followed by
b) Play-Offs at the end of the season for the top players to determine the Overall Winner - there will be no carry over so the objective in the first instance is to qualify by finishing in the top 4 places in one of the two CONFERENCES.

Placement in one of the TWO conferences will be by random draw. You will play all other players whether they are in the same or the other CONFERENCE.

Predictions:

Each week of the Premier League there will be 10 fixtures to predict the score (occasionally I will supplement the fixtures with a game from another league where 10 PL games are not played). Some rounds of the FA Cup (at least Rd 3 and 4) involving the PL sides will also form separate weeks in the competition in order to accommodate the head-to-head schedule.

In the event of postponements the number of points earned will be adjusted to reflect a 10 game match (example: Result 8-4 with only 8 games played will be adjusted to 10-5)

Points earned:

Correct Score: 3 points
Correct Margin: 2 points
Correct Result: 1 point

Example: Result: Manchester United 2 Sunderland 0
Predict 2-0 - 3 points
Predict 3-1 - 2 points (2 goal difference in both prediction and result)
Predict 3-0 - 1 point

Obviously predicting draws can be profitable (at least 2 points) but also harder to find!

Accidentally omitted scores or incomplete predictions (e.g "2- ") (not 'late'): Occasionally I will rule that an omitted score will earn one point but only when I am convinced that overwhelming majority of predictions were in favour of this outcome - in the region of 90% of predictions (and of course the result was 'correct')

Bonus Points:
a) Six correct Results (including Margins and Scores) - 1 point
b) Eight or more Results: a further 1 point

In the event of postponements the number of games required to be correct to earn Bonus Points will be scaled down (e.g. 8 games played - 4.8 results or 6.4 becomes 5 and 6 out of 8.).

Goalscorer Bonus Points:
a) Nominate ONE First Goalscorer
i) Player scores first goal in game (own goals do not count as the first goal) 2 points
ii) Player scores a later goal in the game - 1 point

Scoring two goals will not earn additional points

Permanent Nominated Goalscorer
At the start of the season you will be invited to nominate a goalscorer for the season. If your nominated player scores in any week where his side are among the fixtures for that week you will earn an additional point - you are therefore recommended to select a footballer who is likely to play, be fit and also participate in the FA Cup rounds. You cannot change this nominated goalscorer throughout the season. You may also, should you choose to do so, nominate him as your weekly First Goalscorer.

Maximum Number of Points available:
10x 3 plus Bonus Points (1 or 2) and First Goalscorer Bonus Points (1 or 2) plus Permanent Goalscorer Bonus Point (1) - Total Available 35. A total of around 10-12 is usually good and often sufficient to win a round.

League Points awarded:
Win your match: 3 points
Draw your match: 1 point

Table
Your position in the table will be determined by:
a) Total Points won (wins x 3 pts, draws x 1 pt)
b) Matchpoints scored - being the total number of points earned every week - your opponents' scores no longer count as part of the league table (previously shown as Points Difference between Pts For and Against)
c) Highest Personal Score (i.e. the best score achieved in a week within the season)

In the event of a tie (for qualification or final winning) after the above factors (a) and (b.)and (c) are calculated the tiebreakers will be as follows:

a) Head to Head score (or scores if fixtures were adjusted)
b) Number of Wins
c) Results counted backwards from the final week until a tie has been broken.

Head to Head Fixtures:
there may need to be adjustments to the fixtures if I rule that someone is not participating. If someone opts out their place in the competition will be either removed or they will be replaced by a willing substitute. Substitute players will be awarded a fair number of points (roughly the equivalent of a midtable placing with an average number of Points earned). If it necessary to remove two players then the fixtures may be reorganised to reflect the loss of two players (some head-to-head fixtures will then re-occur).
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Toffee Dan's Tipster Competition 2011/12 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: