Football Programmes Centre

Grasshopper v FC Zurich/Red Star v Solduno, 22.11.59
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Grasshopper v FC Zurich/Red Star v Solduno, 22.11.59

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 pm 
Post subject: Grasshopper v FC Zurich/Red Star v Solduno, 22.11.59

Hi All,
I've just obtained 9 copies of the above programme, but am a bit confused, so need some help!!
It seems to be a double issue programme, and although Grasshoppers name is on the front of the programme, the Red Star v Solduno game appears first, and I'm not sure why they are in the same programme?
My swiss (German?!!) is quite basic, so I'm struggling to understand the programme, so any help with one would be great, as would a value. Cheers, Mick.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:42 am 
Post subject: Grasshoppers

Missed this one originally! Check out the dates on the programmes if it's July / early August it's a good bet it's a pre season tournament. Also check out the printers to ensure it's definitely a Grasshoppers home programme. Any Shaolin monks play for them? They'd probably walk on rice paper rather than water....
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:59 am 
Post subject:

Its definitely a Grasshoppers home programme, and its from the 22nd. November. Red Star v Solduno kicked off at 12.45, and Grasshoppers v FC Zurich kicked off at 14.30.
The Grasshoppers game seems to be from our equivalent of the Premier league, and the other game is from 1 liga Ostgruppe (Either a reserve league or lower league)?
foxes1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:49 pm 
Post subject:

Click on attached link it gives lists of all Swiss teams. I am assuming that it was a joint issue prog as there are teams in Zurich called Red Star and Grasshoppers .They probably played at the same stadium at the time as a double header.
http://www.playerhistory.com/D.....tionID=300
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:22 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the tip Foxes. I've been on the website though, and to find out more, I needed to subscribe, at a cost of $39.95 a month!! For that price I would rather book a cheap flight to Switzerland and do my onw detective work, and get a holiday out if it!! I think you are right, that it was a double header, I think that's brilliant, can you imagine going to watch your local team at lunchtime, then straight after, watching the other local team?!!
foxes1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

You never know in years to come Forest and Notts County might be playing in a double header, or even Everton and Liverpool.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

You might be right, but personally, I can't see it happening, and wouldn't be in favour. It has been talked about on and off about us ground sharing for a few years. I have nothing against Notts County myself, but I would rather play in my back garden than share with them!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:19 pm 
Post subject:

foxes1 wrote:
You never know in years to come Forest and Notts County might be playing in a double header, or even Everton and Liverpool.

No No No No

Hope not!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: