Football Programmes Centre

The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The 'Finally Obtained' Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:22 pm 
Post subject: The 'Finally Obtained' Thread

An Aston Villa v Man/Utd 62/63 prog in Mint con,cost me £18 of Ebay but well pleased with that.
mancitymark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:42 pm 
Post subject:

Has something similar today Phil but not as dated as your but it has been a nightmare tracking down - City v Gillingham, League Cup 2000/01 season, which now gives me a completed set of City homes from 1964/65 to currant season.

And at the pricey sum of £2.00 Easy
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 pm 
Post subject: Finaly Obtained.

Sounds like a realy great collection there Mark.Nice one.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 pm 
Post subject:

Finaly got the Everton v Liverpool - 1950 FA Cup Semi Final that I have wanted for ages! Very Happy

It did cost me around £35 and I didn't want to pay that much as I'm a cheap skate Laughing but I had the money available and it leaves me with just 1 more 'Merseyside derby' programme to get to complete my collection from 1950 to present day.
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:32 pm 
Post subject:

Us neophytes get excited about obtaining the Runcorn v Grimsby Town FAC Round 1 1973/74 and the Carlisle v Grimsby 1979/80. The latter for 99 pence when one went on e-bay only the week before for £19.71 Very Happy
Geddon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 pm 
Post subject:

Just got myself a Swansea vs. Liverpool programme from 1961 in mint condition for £35. My housemate from last year still owed me money that I'd forgotten about, so used that to get it Very Happy
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:16 pm 
Post subject:

Is that a good price Geddon?
Geddon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:22 pm 
Post subject:

It's not bad.

I haven't seen one of the Liverpool programmes from that season on ebay, but the Leeds ones generally go for at least £50. Even the ones vs. Orient and Rotherham I've seen go for nearly £30, so I'm happy enough with it, especially since I managed to get four other programmes from the same season for £10 over Christmas.

Midway through the season we started issuing a very small A6 size programme, and it seems that not that many of them have survived, hence the prices. 59/60 and 61/62 are much much easier to obtain, as are the ones from the start of the 60/61 season - still missing six including Leeds!
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

Well, I'm sure you all agree, there's no such thing as a complete collection.. In my case I have just rationalised it to affordable and obtainable.

My Everton collection is, basically - post-war anything relevant at home and for aways 1960s (59-60 to 69-70 plus our other League winning seasons and all Cup runs to Semis or better)

So, about 6 months ago I finally got my hands on the last first-class 60s away game I wanted 59-60 Burnley (Champs) v Everton - and I paid somewhere around £30 for it. (But I didn't include the 5 rare away European games from the 60s - or the impossible to get Arsenal 62-63 Postponed one (£300 minimum)

If I get the remaining 57 First Class homes (47 from 46-47 to 49-50, 9 from 50-1 to 52-53 and one from 56-7) I'll be pretty happy - then there's always 45-46 (Football League North), 55 Youth Cup ties at home, 22 Local matches, 26 Friendlies (mostly pre 60), 5 Postponed (pre 60), 18 non EFC games).

Oh did I mention the 96 minor fixtures on the ground... the Ladies games.. the old Away FA Cup ties from way back, the requirement to expand the other Cup programmes, the need to expand the away collection... the Reserve fixtures from the 60s H&A..

So by my estimation there's no such thing as "Finally Got - Retiring from this lark" moment Very Happy
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:46 pm 
Post subject:

Dan, I'm guessing the 5 'rare' Everton European aways your on about are Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Borussia Moenchengladback, Inter Milan and the super super extremely rare Valerengens one?
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:04 pm 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
Dan, I'm guessing the 5 'rare' Everton European aways your on about are Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Borussia Moenchengladback, Inter Milan and the super super extremely rare Valerengens one?

Inter Milan, Killie, Valerengens and Aarlborg. I think I could get Aarlborg for £30 or so if I wait for it. Sometimes the Killie one is reasonable but other times I think over a ton - so I'd rather spend it on the game! - You are right tho: Inter is mega-expensive and Valerengens is through the roof.

My Dumfermline one is a copy (boo!) but I'm not that fussed at the moment...Could go for around £40 I think and I'm moving house (again) so low priority..

I've got Borussia - (but not Panathinaikos) as that's 1971 so out of the count so to speak!!!
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:29 pm 
Post subject:

How much did you pay for Borussia?

I got my Aalborg one for about £25.

I have never seen Kilmarnock go for less than £80 and Inter Milan less than £60!

Valerenges, the one and only time I have seen it on eBay in the last 4 years went for around £1100.

Dunfermline doesnt come up much but is probably around £25 - £30?

I have seen Borussia go 3 times. £60, £95 and £121 Shocked

Always seem to get outbid on Panathinaikos aswell! Crying or Very sad
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

30 odd I think for BMG
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:22 pm 
Post subject:

That's a great price!

How did you get it so cheap?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:45 pm 
Post subject: Everton away

Either of you got, or had, the away friendly at Gothenburg 71-2?(I think) I picked it up there about 4 years back for pennies, and sold it at a fair to a gobsmacked Everton collector, who'd never seen it before, for £80.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:03 pm 
Post subject:

Auchinleckian, I have just checked my Toffee Pages Book (produced by David France) which details all programmes for Everton from 1945/46 to 1996/97 as I have never ever heard of it before.

In it David France states under season 1972/73.....

Quote:
Everton entered in the pre-season Gothenburg Tournament in Sweden and played Orgryte on July 24 and Wolverhampton Wanderers on July 27. Also the Toffees played at Oskarshamn on July 29. No programme details are available.

Now don't forget that David France acquired 95% of Everton programmes ever produced so for him to have no programme details suggests he never ever found this one and it could possibly be one of the only surviving programmes from that tournament!
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm 
Post subject: The Fially obtained thread.

Remember my brother sending to and recieving from the San Sero the prog from the Inter game.( had a distinctive photo of the stadium on the cover)i was at the game at Goodison 63 ,make no mistake this was a GREAT football team,but still think we were robed on the night. and Inter actualy went on to win the Cup that season.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:38 am 
Post subject:

Barrett wrote:
That's a great price!

How did you get it so cheap?

Fleebay
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:13 am 
Post subject: Gothenburg programme

I know where there's at least one more of the Gothenburg programmes. Wouldn't be able to get it though, but if you'd like a copy I might be able to get it as I'm owed a favour.
kcs

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

Went to the leeds programme fair today, managed to get a few little gems of off Mick Hewitt and Kick Off Programmes.

Have now completed leeds homes 1960-61 season which is not the easiest apparantly, picked up several late fifties to put a slight dent in the wants list.

Also managed to acquire a 1947-48 home v Cardiff for £45, which looking at some (of the same season) on the backboard was a very fair price.

Also picked up 1969 Charity Shield with a token, which now leaves me with a spare (w/o token).

Will update my wants list for the appropriate thread shortly.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: