Football Programmes Centre

PLEASE READ : My favourite development to date
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PLEASE READ : My favourite development to date

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:05 pm 
Post subject: PLEASE READ : My favourite development to date

Following on last night from the ability for you to be able to upload pictures to the forum to include in your messages, ive been working today on a new feature which i think could become my favourite part of the site.

Im sure many of you have seen Leslie Millmans flickr feed at http://www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ which i have spent much time flicking through aswell as other football programme covers which are on there.

Now ive created something very similar as part of this forum.

You will all notice there is a link to "Album" towards the top of this page, if you click this are presented with a few options.

1. You can view the "Programme Showcase" which is a place i hope we can all upload rare and interesting programmes from our collections to share with the members.
2. You can view "All pictures" which will show all the pictures from the above category aswell as all the images from peoples private galleries.
3. You can view galleries from other members of the sites - WileBrownAstle was quick off the mark this afternoon!!!
4. You can go into your own gallery and this is where you can add your images etc.

Once your in your own gallery, you can either start uploading pictures straight away with titles and descriptions for them but i would suggest grouping your pictures in "folders". To create a new folder just click the new folder icon, enter some information on it, and then upload.

Ive uploaded a handful of pictures from my collection into various categories at http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/album.php?user_id=16 and ive allowed everyone to "rate" my pictures and also "leave comments" so the programmes can be discussed between ourselves.

Once on a picture details page, for example http://www.footballprogrammece.....user_id=16 if you see the "bbcode" part, you can copy and paste this into any message you post here to also include the pictures from the gallery.

The area needs a little bit of tidying up in places but all the functionality is now in place and im sure some of you will use it to create wonderful showcases of your collection.

It would be great to be able to flick through thousands of programmes using the "All pictures" option in a few weeks.

Ive been reading through the requests section recently and there are a number of things here which we can incorporate into this album function such as a programme from each year for each club so we can see how they changed down the years. In the coming weeks ill create a few "Public Galleries" which everyone will be able to add to so that we can really start to build up a big library.

Also, i know a number of you are in the process of creating websites to showcase your collection but hopefully for the users who are struggling with this or dont know where to start, you will be able to create albums of your programmes just like Leslie has done on flickr.

Any questions, please ask and good luck and enjoy.

All the best
Craig
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:40 pm 
Post subject:

How you finding it Mr G? Nice tickets!
MisterGas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 am 
Post subject:

Craig.

I love it.
I have wanted to create a website with my collection.
No need now.........All the people i want to see it, are all ready here.

With this option on here, this website will be the most complete football site ever. With all the knowledge of the guys on here and now images covering different competitions and leagues from different countries, how complete is that !
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:06 am 
Post subject:

MisterGas wrote:
Craig.

I love it.
I have wanted to create a website with my collection.
No need now.........All the people i want to see it, are all ready here.

With this option on here, this website will be the most complete football site ever. With all the knowledge of the guys on here and now images covering different competitions and leagues from different countries, how complete is that !

Great feedback, thank you. The comment about not now needing to create your own website was exactly what im trying to achieve. And then you also go onto say that the site is now the most complete which is great to hear.

I still see areas for improvement and I will be working on these over the coming months to try and get as much on here as we can to ensure it remains to most complete site.

Looking through your tickets and they look fantastic. I have some tidying up of the pages to do but now i can see from what you have done how the pages will look when filled up with proper pictures that will make it so much easier for me.

If anyone spots any bugs or anything please just let me know.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 am 
Post subject:

I have my tickets listed with a code.
How do i change the code so it will read England v France 1947 rather than E342 ?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:21 am 
Post subject:

MisterGas wrote:
I have my tickets listed with a code.
How do i change the code so it will read England v France 1947 rather than E342 ?

I did wonder what the point in the codes was.

When adding an image, either put a title in at that point (Its labelled "Image:", not very clear - ill sort this). Or to do it retrospectively, get to the page where it shows all your images, possibly http://www.footballprogrammece.....user_id=47 for your MrG, and then you can click "Edit" under each image and go back in to change the title, description etc.

Let me know if that doesnt work or anything.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:25 am 
Post subject:

With more and more scans/photos in this section, it could be very handy to have a "Search" option.
So if someone is looking for a particular game, they can enter the details, date teams and up pop all results for the details entered ie programme, ticket and any other info known.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:32 am 
Post subject:

When adding an image, either put a title in at that point (Its labelled "Image:", not very clear - ill sort this). Or to do it retrospectively, get to the page where it shows all your images, possibly http://www.footballprogrammece.....user_id=47 for your MrG, and then you can click "Edit" under each image and go back in to change the title, description etc.

Let me know if that doesnt work or anything.[/quote]

Only EDIT button is when you open album and view everyones pics. When i click EDIT it says NOT AUTHERISED.
No EDIT button in our personnel collections Crying or Very sad
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 am 
Post subject:

MisterGas wrote:
With more and more scans/photos in this section, it could be very handy to have a "Search" option.
So if someone is looking for a particular game, they can enter the details, date teams and up pop all results for the details entered ie programme, ticket and any other info known.

Whilst thats a great idea... Can you really imagine everyone being willing to enter a home team, away team and date for each item they add?

Sadly, thats not possible but hopefully it people can be descriptive with their titles and image descriptions then they are searchable anyway so we should be able to get something going.

Looking into you edit problem now but my net keeps cutting out for some reason.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:09 am 
Post subject:

MisterGas wrote:
Craig wrote:

Let me know if that doesnt work or anything.

Only EDIT button is when you open album and view everyones pics. When i click EDIT it says NOT AUTHERISED.
No EDIT button in our personnel collections Crying or Very sad

Try my instructions above again now, ive changed a setting which i think should fix it.
MisterGas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:24 am 
Post subject:

Cheers Craig. Sorted.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 am 
Post subject:

MisterGas wrote:
Cheers Craig. Sorted.

Thumbs Up looking good too!
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:43 pm 
Post subject:

Great feature Craig, cant wait to use it. Thumbs Up
trueblue1967

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

I am in the middle of packing for a pending house move but when thats all done and i am in the new house which is begining of august i will put my collection up for all to view now that photos can be added this seems to be a great forum and i could put a link to here via my own group i run on ebay which has been hard work but im sure some of my members will be more than happy joining in this forum .
sy
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:46 am 
Post subject:

ForestMick wrote:
Great feature Craig, cant wait to use it. Thumbs Up

Crack on then Mick!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 am 
Post subject:

trueblue1967 wrote:
I am in the middle of packing for a pending house move but when thats all done and i am in the new house which is begining of august i will put my collection up for all to view now that photos can be added this seems to be a great forum and i could put a link to here via my own group i run on ebay which has been hard work but im sure some of my members will be more than happy joining in this forum .
sy

Ahhhhhhh, it all makes a bit of sense now!!!! We spoke last week on ebay didnt we!!

Put your photos up and ill try and send you a new message which isnt just a bumbling drunken mess!
trueblue1967

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:59 am 
Post subject:

Yep we did Craig you joined my group on ebay last week and gave me a link to here .
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:42 am 
Post subject: New Photo Site

Hello Craig

Thanks for the kind words.

This will be the best thing for the forum without a doubt, excellent idea and will allow everyone to share with everyone else-which in my opinion is what collecting is all about, anyone who simply hordes stuff and never let's anyone see it and keep it all for themselves surely have a problem with life and everything else!.

I chose the Flickr site years ago because not only did i want to share but i wanted to see what else is out there!, I can never get it all and i do not know if i would want it all-what would be left, so unlike some others in the hobby i do not covet anything anyone else has as MY philosophy has always been and will continue to be "If there is one, there there is surely 2 out there!", collecting also teaches you some patience as you never know what is going to turn up next.

Good Luck with this and i look forward to seeing all the images on all areas Programmes, tickets, menu's, newspaper-anything.

I have just tried it and it is so simple and easy, you have done a good job as it will encourage a huge photo album and endorse this site as the best on the market-well it is anyway, but this will increase it's stature for me-well done!.

Leslie Millman
www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/ Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: