Football Programmes Centre

R & Diamonds - Good News For Southport Fans
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
R & Diamonds - Good News For Southport Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:34 pm 
Post subject: R & Diamonds - Good News For Southport Fans

Rushden & Diamonds have been expelled from the Football Conference for financial reasons.

Relegated Southport will now stay up, while Thurrock will remain in the Blue Square Bet South and Bishop's Stortford will move to Blue Square Bet North.
lambie the leap

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

May be good news for Southport fans but it's certainly not good for we Workington supporters. It's bad enough having to travel to Worcester & Gloucester in the Blue Square NORTH (!) but next season we will also have lovely short trips to Histon (Cambridgeshire) & Bishops Stortford (Hertfordshire). Workington just about survive thanks to low wages and a prudent Board of Directors, but these travel costs are killing us.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:31 pm 
Post subject:

R&D look likely to be wound-up on Monday.

Another sugar daddy club bites the dust after the sugar runs out.
Diamond Matt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:11 pm 
Post subject:

It's a total farce. I may say things that are ott at the moment, but 100% of it is going to be true. We have been killed by a pair of cowboys that have racked up debts of over £750k in just 4 months of running the club. They were given the club debt free in January.
Our former owner who has worked his backside off to keep the club going.
Also today at the Conference AGM, due to these new people in charge, we were banned from attending the AGM so could not defend anything. As it comes to it, the topic did not come up at the AGM to be voted on or anything. The Conference Board had ALREADY made the decision. The Vice-Chairman on the Conference board is the Chairman for Southport.
RedStarAndrew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

Diamond Matt wrote:
It's a total farce. I may say things that are ott at the moment, but 100% of it is going to be true. We have been killed by a pair of cowboys that have racked up debts of over £750k in just 4 months of running the club. They were given the club debt free in January.
Our former owner who has worked his backside off to keep the club going.
Also today at the Conference AGM, due to these new people in charge, we were banned from attending the AGM so could not defend anything. As it comes to it, the topic did not come up at the AGM to be voted on or anything. The Conference Board had ALREADY made the decision. The Vice-Chairman on the Conference board is the Chairman for Southport.

Just like he was the Vice-Chairman of the Conference board the last time Southport got relegated and didn't get reprieved.

There is no conspiracy story there I'm afraid.
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:51 am 
Post subject:

Shame to hear about R+D
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: