Football Programmes Centre

Software
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:19 pm 
Post subject: Software

Does anybody know of a software that you can enter your football programme collection on, maybe like a database?

Thanks
kcs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:42 pm 
Post subject:

Ryan, there has been a version available on here. Where you can enter the programmes you wish to collect and mark them off as and when you collect them.

I can't remember which thread it was from, but it was created by Geddon.

Which team do you collect Ryan?

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Ryan20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:52 pm 
Post subject:

I have the spreadsheet from this site by Geddon, but it only goes up to 2009/10 season.

I collect Southampton and have programmes back to 1950's
Ryan20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:53 pm 
Post subject:

I've just had a look at your website, did you create it, it's very good!
kcs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 pm 
Post subject:

I created it myself, it needs a bit of work to complete it but I have teamed up with another member on here so we aim to get things going again.

In terms of the spreadsheet, you will have to add 2010/11 season on there yourself, a quick way of doing this is to copy a tab at the bottom and change the heading at the top of the newly created page.

Are you thinking of creating a website for your collection?

Ryan20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:57 pm 
Post subject:

I have tried copy a tab, but it is protected!

With regard to your web page, yes I have been thinking about creating a webpage, but am not that sure of how to do it, not exactly the most technical person going! Sad
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:01 pm 
Post subject:

Programme Monthly magazine sell a CD to database your collection on, its simple to use, details can be found on the mainscreen on their website, it is described as follows:

COMPUTER DATABASE - Computerise your programme collection with Programme Collector's Database. This PC software program has been written specifically for programme collectors and is available on CD Rom for Windows for only £22 UK post paid. This is the equivalent of Version 5 of the well-received product sold a number of years ago by K & L Systems of Worksop

www.pmfc.co.uk/booklets.php
grantham

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

Think this maybe what you are looking for

https://www.soccerpc.co.uk/default.aspx
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:44 pm 
Post subject:

Wouldn't it be easier just to make your own database with Microsoft Works? Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

I'm working on an idea which I'll offer here free of charge.

It's a website built for you and all you need to do is provide me with a simple file with the details of your collection.

The file can be a text file or excel spreadsheet and what it will makeup the content of your site. So can include as much or as little details as you like.

For example the file might include the following details for each programme, ticket, badge or whatever collection (could even be a combination of all).

Home Team
Away Team
Tournament
Date Of Programme
Date Of Match
Date Bought
Current value
Price Paid
Where Bought
Condition
Image (this would be the file name only)

Something like that anyway, then you would need to select how you want the navigation setup. This is simply decide which of the above becomes the categories. So if you choose Away team your collection will be divided up into the team names of the away team. Most people would choose Tournament or year I suppose.

Let me know if your interested as I've had this on the back burner for a while and need the kick to get it going (close season is a good time I suppose to get a collection sorted).

I have a domain name - www.footballdom.com your collection would have a web name as follows;

http://www.chelsea.footballdom.com <--this is not valid
Pouchypow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:32 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:

In terms of the spreadsheet, you will have to add 2010/11 season on there yourself, a quick way of doing this is to copy a tab at the bottom and change the heading at the top of the newly created page.

Could you give a step by step guide on how to do this? Its saying i need to unlock it?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:10 pm 
Post subject:

Pouchypow wrote:
kcs wrote:

Could you give a step by step guide on how to do this? Its saying i need to unlock it?

Geddon put a macro in there to unlock all sheets.

Just copying tabs wont make them auto calculate in the first 4 or 5 tabs of the spreadsheet though (The summary, homes, aways etc).

Ill work on updating the spreadsheet later to include last season and this season and then re-release it for everyone.
kcs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Pouchypow wrote:
kcs wrote:

Just copying tabs wont make them auto calculate in the first 4 or 5 tabs of the spreadsheet though (The summary, homes, aways etc).

Ill work on updating the spreadsheet later to include last season and this season and then re-release it for everyone.

If I am using the correct version then I have easily copied a tab and renamed it.

All I did was right click on a tab and then select the create copy option and select were I wanted the newly copied sheet to be placed.

craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:15 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
Craig wrote:
Pouchypow wrote:
kcs wrote:

If I am using the correct version then I have easily copied a tab and renamed it.

All I did was right click on a tab and then select the create copy option and select were I wanted the newly copied sheet to be placed.

What i was saying is that if you just copy and paste the tab, you do not get the summary, home, aways and overview tabs to show you this data.

I have updated Geddons original programme spreadsheet to include 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 and released it as version 1.3.

You can download it here.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: