Football Programmes Centre

1968 Man utd Vs Real Madrid signed programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1968 Man utd Vs Real Madrid signed programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
collector1983

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:27 pm 
Post subject: 1968 Man utd Vs Real Madrid signed programme

I own a programme from semi final of the european cup 67/68, man utd vs real madrid, i think its usually worth about £10.

This one has been signed inside by most of the players on the squad picture page, though i dont know if it is real or not, i bought it from a shop at crawley town fc about 15 years ago for a couple of quid. I have sent a copy to Man Utd, and they couldnt verify one way or the other whether it was real or forgery

Anyone any ideas on who might be able to tell for sure?

Also, i have a collection of only around 100 programmes, but a few of them are united ones worth 10+ each, semi finals, finals etc, any ideas where it might be best to sell these?

Thanks

Chris
surfinjim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

Chris

Couple of options I'd say;

1. Stick them on ebay as a job lot, couple of photo's. You'd get interest. Quick and easy to do. I would list each programme in the ad rather than just say "its a job lot".

2. List them individually on ebay. Might take a little longer to do, but you'd get a better return per programme.

3. Get a list together on here.

4. Get a list together, let me know, and I'll give you £20 for them! Wink

Jim
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 pm 
Post subject: united

The programmes you refer as "worth £10" or more, may be slightly off the mark. Ebay has distorted prices to such effect now that many items that even a year ago might have cost £10 can now be bought for much less. I recently purchased the 1999 European Cup Final for £13 on ebay, as there were 5 or 6 copies on there all finishing within a couple of days of each other. Most semi finals are unlikely to fetch their cover price even a few days after the game once the original demand has tailed away. Moral is, don't raise your expectations on what you think they may be worth by what some dealers sell them for, as you'd be highly unlikely to get anywhere near that amount.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: