Football Programmes Centre

RED STAR BELGRADE V MAN UTD 1958
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RED STAR BELGRADE V MAN UTD 1958
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PABLO76

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm 
Post subject: RED STAR BELGRADE V MAN UTD 1958

Any football fan worth their salt knows the relevance of this game and therefore this programme.

Was wondering if anybody knows a bit more info on this? Recent auction prices, seeing as it doesnt show up all that often, as recent as possible. Also how many were printed, and who has a copy in this country as I imagine there isnt all that many.

One last thing, where does this guy get these programmes from? I'm told he attends all the sporting memorabilia auctions then sells on at profit where possible. If this is true, was this copy sold at a recent auction? Any help/info appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-STAR.....2eb40d9cd5
tcno10

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:36 pm 
Post subject: RED STAR

I know this chap , young student from Manchester.
Once had a coffee with him at an auction in Manchester ( Capes - if I remember correct).
He turns over some very interesting Man Utd items but I'm not sure if he always makes a profit though Sherlock
Posh1959

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 pm 
Post subject:

I havent noticed a copy of this at recent auctions, certainly not sportingold. I recall going to an auction at Highfield Road Coventry in the early 80s and a copy fetched well in excess of £1k then.
upthecounty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:28 pm 
Post subject:

I've purchased a few outstanding quality post war fa cup finals from this chap. I often look on with interest at the rarity and quality that he continually lists. Would love to know his sources, unless of course he has a high quality printer based out in Hong Kong!
surfinjim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

One sold at ELR in September 2008 for £1950, then appeared on ebay within the week and sold for £2600.

http://www.elrauctions.com/Catalogues/SS190908/page15.htm

Lot 426

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:43 pm 
Post subject:

surfinjim wrote:
One sold at ELR in September 2008 for £1950, then appeared on ebay within the week and sold for £2600.

http://www.elrauctions.com/Catalogues/SS190908/page15.htm

Lot 426

Jim Thumbs Up

Add ELR's 15% or whatever to it, then deduct listing fees, ebay's final selling fee, and then Paypal's cut, Jim, and you're about exactly the same price!!
surfinjim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

I was just thinking that myself John

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
poprstick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 pm 
Post subject: programme

poprstick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

PABLO76

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2011 17:23
Post subject: RED STAR BELGRADE V MAN UTD 1958 Reply with quote
Any football fan worth their salt knows the relevance of this game and therefore this programme.

Was wondering if anybody knows a bit more info on this? Recent auction prices, seeing as it doesnt show up all that often, as recent as possible. Also how many were printed, and who has a copy in this country as I imagine there isnt all that many.

One last thing, where does this guy get these programmes from? I'm told he attends all the sporting memorabilia auctions then sells on at profit where possible. If this is true, was this copy sold at a recent auction? Any help/info appreciated!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-STAR.....2eb40d9cd5

Hello Pablo.
Prices are miracle!!!!!!
In the past:
In Belgrade, on flea market, you may find for few pounds.
Then, British ask from continental people to sell for 10 pounds, then on auction sell for 2000 pounds or...
But, continental are not stupid anymore, and learn from british, and ask for profit. But, maybe is not regular for british that continental has a profit.??? Not, profit should be only for british.

So, haw many copyes? Is it question, but not real answer, not so manny.
foxes1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:22 pm 
Post subject:

There is one of these coming up for auction at Sportingold's auction on 1st April estimate is £2100-2200 See lot 486.
Tha Man Utd v Wolves one dated 08/02/58 is there as well estimate £4500/4800 See Lot 485.
poprstick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:33 pm 
Post subject: one more example

treble99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:15 pm 
Post subject:

there are several factors to take into account with this programme and associated ephemera.
the programme needs explaining to make sense of its value.
this is not a rare programme as people who are at the top of the collecting tree understand rare.
by that i mean there are significantly more than a handfull of these programmes about.
they were readily available on the night and so a significant number were and probably still are available in Belgrade.
as posted earlier they turn up at flea markets and are bought by traders in Belgrade for a low amount.
the serious collectors then usually get a round robin of nastly emails from the dealers in Belgrade explaining that something extremely rare has turned up and as such we should all head off to the nearest Western Union office with everything we can get our hands on as they will not send the programme(that everybody now has) until they receive cash plus fees plus postage plus anything else they can think of.
there are also a large number of programmes in the UK because in the late 1950's it was not unusual for a young boy to write to a club asking for a programme.
in those days the club almost always sent a programme and especially if a SAE was enclosed.
can you imagine that happening now?
well as the plane crashed Red Star officials went out of the way to accomodate these Manchester United fans and collectors.as a result i am aware of a good number that arrived back in the UK through this means.
the value of the programme arises because of the significance of the game and not national papers covered it.
finally here's one for the Belgrade bedroom bandits.every newspaper in the footballing world gave the crash a lot of coverage in 1958.
i have a significant number of newspapers from England,France,Germany,Italy and Yugoslavia in my own collection.
they look interesting actually and shouldn't be worth more than £10/£20 but they should be readily available in flea markets for very little.
if you are a UK buyer also be aware that the standard and cost of living in Belgrade is significantly lower than in England(although we're getting lower)
remember they buy for significantly less than we do and the money lasts longer.
poprstick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm 
Post subject: E-bay(er)

if you are a UK buyer also be aware that the standard and cost of living in Belgrade is significantly lower than in England(although we're getting lower)
remember they buy for significantly less than we do and the money lasts longer.
Easy
Yes treble99, you are 100% right, cost of living in Belgrade is lower then in England, so, someone from England well knows English high standard and prepare adequate price for ticket Red Star : Manchester United 1958.

so, you may understud this price of English E-bay(er) from Manchester.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RED-STAR.....1925052620
poprstick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 pm 
Post subject: differente way of making proffit

treble99

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm 
Post subject:

the English ebayer from Manchester is actually a speculator from Hong Kong.
the top bid he received on the ticket was £650 which was less than he paid for it so he didn't accept it and it went unsold.
the next bid was £250.
i think that gives an indication to the current price of the ticket

the photocopy of the ticket and programme etc is totally irrelevant

i am led to believe that the Red Star v Manchester United programme on offer at Sportingold failed to attract a bid which again gives an indication that the current market has dropped on this item
i don't think the asking price was stupid.
it just didn't have any bidders
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

treble99 wrote:
the English ebayer from Manchester is actually a speculator from Hong Kong.
the top bid he received on the ticket was £650 which was less than he paid for it so he didn't accept it and it went unsold.
the next bid was £250.
i think that gives an indication to the current price of the ticket

the photocopy of the ticket and programme etc is totally irrelevant

i am led to believe that the Red Star v Manchester United programme on offer at Sportingold failed to attract a bid which again gives an indication that the current market has dropped on this item
i don't think the asking price was stupid.
it just didn't have any bidders

According to the results sheet from Sportingold it did sell for £1700 + near as damn it 20% extra on top. They also had one in the last sale and that sold for 1600 at the end of 2010 which was around £1900 with everything added in.
The ticket on ebay was OTTTTT at £1000 especially for one with writing on and a
whole corner missing[that showed the date], the seller paid far too much and a realistic price for that ticket today is his ebay price of £1000 less 60-70% in my opinion.
Good to see you getting involved in the Forum Vladan[popstikr] despite the abuse you received from some quarters both on the forum and off it-not that you could care one bit!. Wave www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
poprstick

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:50 pm 
Post subject: answer

Thank you MANCHESTERUNITEDNOMBERONE.
You are not nomber one only in MU memorabilia, you are nomber one and in behavior.
vinnie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:46 pm 
Post subject:

Interesting!
In 1958 I was 15, and was one of those who wrote to Red Star's ground asking (pleading) for a programme.
I duly received one on 1st April, and my collection was started.
I've since had it autographed by Sir Bobby Charlton.
As to its value? Don't care, as it's never going to leave me.
poprstick

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm 
Post subject:

Interesting!
In 1958 I was 15, and was one of those who wrote to Red Star's ground asking (pleading) for a programme.
I duly received one on 1st April, and my collection was started.
I've since had it autographed by Sir Bobby Charlton.
As to its value? Don't care, as it's never going to leave me.

Vinnie, very kind from Red Star, Isn't? Clap Clap Easy Easy
bigearl

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 am 
Post subject:

Has anyone checked this guy from Hong Kong and what he's sold on ebay. He sell's pre 1950's cup final like they were football league reviews in terms of quantity.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: