Football Programmes Centre

Programme search ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme search ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:27 pm 
Post subject: Programme search ?

Not looking for any secret formation you use for searching out cheap options on e bay here but I do ask for your help.

Currently in the middle of setting up our new web site. Just coding the filters for football programmes. Each category will have thier own filters - for example in fa cup programmes you'll be able to search for all the 3rd rounds, replays, away games for your team etc.

As I've been selling for about 20 years I like to think I have a good idea but just in case would anyone like to offer their advice ?

Each filter does mean more work both now and ongoing adding stock but if it's what you the buyers want lets get it right. I thinking some of you might want a "postponded" filter ? how about "first" and "last" "filters" the idea being you click the button and it filters out all but those options.

All ideas either here, by private message or via http://www.football4sale.co.uk/shop/contact_us.php
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:58 pm 
Post subject:

I hope your site's spelling will be better than this post !!

What I would like to see is a site that offered a price history for a programme, for example, if 5 copies of the same programme sold on ebay over the space of 12 months, what is the lowest, highest and average price the programme sold for ?
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:29 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
I hope your site's spelling will be better than this post !!

What I would like to see is a site that offered a price history for a programme, for example, if 5 copies of the same programme sold on ebay over the space of 12 months, what is the lowest, highest and average price the programme sold for ?

I don't think that would help much without including condition reports and that's a massive task. Thanks for the input.

Sorry about the "spelling", I'm dyslexic but try not to let it impede my life. Fortunately it impacts other people more then it does me.
Wullie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:19 pm 
Post subject:

I wish once and for all people would stop slagging off members for spelling and bad grammer. This is a footie programme forum for fans not a bloody A level course. As long as the thread is undertsood what is the problem? So please stop these sly remarks , as i am sure it puts people off contributing to the forum.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:15 pm 
Post subject: Prog search.

Ill second that.
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 pm 
Post subject:

Totally disagree with you Wullie

If he is going to use this site, not only to plug his own service, but also to ask for help, then he should expect such comments.

Do I want to visit a unprofessional site riddled with errors ? NO
Advice such as grammar and spealling are the least you should expect to be given, get someone to proof read the site and correct any errors, just as important as features in my opinion.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:53 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:

If he is going to use this site, not only to plug his own service, but also to ask for help, then he should expect such comments.

Advice such as grammar and spealling are the least you should expect to be given, get someone to proof read the site and correct any errors, just as important as features in my opinion.

I'm not going to comment on that as it's clear enough from the above .............Can we get back to the main topic now.
kcs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:16 pm 
Post subject:

One thing that annoys me with searching on eBay is the lack of searching for particular seasons. A lot of sellers don't include this basic information even though eBay provide this as a selling option.

If I can enter a home and/or away team plus a season I will happily spend time looking through that season. I mean, there can only be 60 Programmes max per team per season.

Keep up the good work

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:05 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
One thing that annoys me with searching on eBay is the lack of searching for particular seasons. A lot of sellers don't include this basic information even though eBay provide this as a selling option.

If I can enter a home and/or away team plus a season I will happily spend time looking through that season. I mean, there can only be 60 Programmes max per team per season.

Keep up the good work

Yes that is the sort of thing we thought thanks.

We like to stock the rare programmes and so want to give the ability for people to find what they are looking for if they know the full details as most collectors do.

At the moment we are thinking of the main categigores will go like this;

league programmes
Seasons 2000-now
1990-1999
1980-1989
1970-1979
ect etc etc

Does the above need to be more narrow ?

Then each category will have selectable filters so as you say - you know the season -click, the teams click click and all the programmes we have between those teams in that period will come up.

We are also giving people the option to show or not show items out of stock. By default we used to only show instock items but now we are thinking people might want to just see an example of the item they are looking for.

We hope to include lots of historical reference so including items we would never hope to stock like the first cup finals gives us the chance to do that.
Bankie boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:13 pm 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:

What is Spealling? Smile
And its an Unprofessional Smile
Diamond Matt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:47 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
kcs wrote:

Keep up the good work

Yes that is the sort of thing we thought thanks.

We like to stock the rare programmes and so want to give the ability for people to find what they are looking for if they know the full details as most collectors do.

At the moment we are thinking of the main categigores will go like this;

league programmes
Seasons 2000-now
1990-1999
1980-1989
1970-1979
ect etc etc

Does the above need to be more narrow ?

Then each category will have selectable filters so as you say - you know the season -click, the teams click click and all the programmes we have between those teams in that period will come up.

We are also giving people the option to show or not show items out of stock. By default we used to only show instock items but now we are thinking people might want to just see an example of the item they are looking for.

We hope to include lots of historical reference so including items we would never hope to stock like the first cup finals gives us the chance to do that.

I'd possibly think about a secton starting at 1992 for the introduction of the Premier LEague, to indicate 'change'
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 pm 
Post subject:

Bankie boy wrote:
grantham wrote:

What is Spealling? Smile
And its an Unprofessional Smile
]

You get irony then do you Bankie Boy ?!?
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:09 pm 
Post subject:

Diamond Matt wrote:

I'd possibly think about a secton starting at 1992 for the introduction of the Premier LEague, to indicate 'change'

That is a good idea, only thing is I really hate it when the likes of tv talk about football history as started in 1992. I would really have to think hard on that one.

On another subject that seems to interest some people here, I did a search on google the other day looking keywords on our existing site. The first 100 or so pages were full of typo errors put into people searching google and finding our site Smile

For every negative THE IS a posertif !
Diamond Matt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
Diamond Matt wrote:

That is a good idea, only thing is I really hate it when the likes of tv talk about football history as started in 1992. I would really have to think hard on that one.

On another subject that seems to interest some people here, I did a search on google the other day looking keywords on our existing site. The first 100 or so pages were full of typo errors put into people searching google and finding our site Smile

For every negative THE IS a posertif !

I was born during the 1991/92 season.. You mean, there was football before 1992? Neutral Wink haha
ForestPaul

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:17 pm 
Post subject:

Have a look at www.football-programmes.net there set up is pretty good for searching
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:39 pm 
Post subject:

ForestPaul wrote:
Have a look at www.football-programmes.net there set up is pretty good for searching

Slightly misleading thread title perhaps. That site gives a search option which includes lots of options that true.

But our site already has a very advance search feature. What we are talking about here is keywords which when click filter out all content that doesn't not include that keyword. I think most people have seen these on e bay.

I think you'll agree it's slightly different, bit less effort and not restricted to season or teams, we could include all magazines that have George Best in them for example Wink

Of cause we can't find all of these things ourselves we don't have time. So we are also giving people the option of adding these as tags to any item. This way you can build up information that will help your fellow collectors or just you to find the items you are interested in.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: