Football Programmes Centre

Leeds Proramme Price Clarification Required
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leeds Proramme Price Clarification Required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jailhouse John

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:31 pm 
Post subject: Leeds Proramme Price Clarification Required

Hello there - newbie here.

I am not a programme collector per se but as a LUFC supporter for some 64 years I seem to have acquired lots of the darn things one or another!!

Reading some of the advice on this site as to the value of programmes. I read that as a general guide '46/'47 season programmes are valued at around £15 each in mint condition. However I have been checking out recent auction results (http://www.sportingoldauctions.co.uk/cat_all_sold.aspx)

and note that Leeds programmes sold at that auction (Put Leeds into the search box) were a lot higher. Indeed the Chelsea and Arsenal home matches for that season went for £200 + each which is a huge discrepancy to the guide.

The question I have for you experts is as follows "is that auction price normal or abnormal or is there a decimal point missing!!"

Cheers
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:42 pm 
Post subject:

Hi there,

I've watch many a leeds home programme for my cardiff collection and they certainly seem to go higher then suggested.

It does however seem that prices have been high of late in auctions.

Am sure more leeds will be able to assist with your query aswell

Matt
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:43 pm 
Post subject:

Leeds are one of the more collected clubs as regards Football programmes, mid to late 40's Leeds progs (the last one I sold I got £125 for) would normally fetch about £100/£130, but then again it usually depends on the opposition.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:56 pm 
Post subject:

Put me down for a few Leeds 46/47 at £15.00 each!! i'd say the average for the 1946/47 season Leeds would be about £70-80, many programmes will be 2 or 3 times that amount. I think the price guide relates to London clubs like Brentford, Tottenham, QPR & Arsenal or clubs like Birmingham & Everton, where supply doesn't outstrip demand, most other clubs programmes will be much higher, especially clubs playing in the lower divisions at the time like New Brighton, Accrington, Halifax, Ipswich, Norwich where £300+ isn't out of the ordinary for that season or indeed any season up to the early 50's
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: