Football Programmes Centre

Dickinsons Real Deal - United/Munich Auction
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Dickinsons Real Deal - United/Munich Auction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:52 pm 
Post subject: Dickinsons Real Deal - United/Munich Auction

Just watching Dickinsons Real Deal (Classic day time TV) and there is a lady on there who has just come in with;

Man United vs Sheffield Weds first game after Munich programme (looks to be near enough perfect condition)and A Brochure called The Red Devils, with a "Team of the Century" poster inside, signed by most of the United team the month prior to the crash.

It was given a guide price of £300-£500 at auction and went for £700.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:31 pm 
Post subject:

Is that the programme where there is no team lineup for United or something along those lines?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:38 pm 
Post subject:

Yeah thats the one. Just had 11 blank names. Very very sad to see.

They played Forest (i think? Mick?) a few days later in the first League game but this was the first First team game (i think they may have even had a reserves game before this but i may be wrong) after the crash.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:06 pm 
Post subject: United

They were due to play Wolves in a league game upon return from Europe, but the game was obviously postponed. However, a few of the programmes from that match escaped being pulped, and are now high four figure sales whenever they rarely turn up for sale.
matt blue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:54 pm 
Post subject:

I saw the programme however it appeared that the names had been typed in there whereas the weds team was printed ??....shocking to see her miserable @ £700, to be honest I can't believe that they didnt take it to a sporting auction.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

I only glanced at the bit when they showed the team but as they were typed i just assumed it was the Sheffield team. I think it showed the team at the top of the page though and http://www.reminiscethis.co.uk/munich5.jpg shows that it must have been the United team which was filled out.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:02 pm 
Post subject: United/Munic Prog.

Any idea by how much the written names added devalues this prog,quite a bit i would think.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:08 pm 
Post subject: munich

It's a strange one this. As someone with a fairly extensive archive I don't believe that having team changes and / or scores on the team pages devalues a programme. I honestly think it enhances it, but I know I'm at loggerheads with the programme colelcting community at large. To be honest, it's the removal of the FAC Final token that devalues the programme more than the team being filled in.
stodin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Yeah thats the one. Just had 11 blank names. Very very sad to see.

They played Forest (i think? Mick?) a few days later in the first League game but this was the first First team game (i think they may have even had a reserves game before this but i may be wrong) after the crash.

They did play Forest in a league game a few days after the Sheff Weds game. I picked up a mint copy of the programme about 20 years ago for the princely sum of £2

Cool
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: