Football Programmes Centre

ebay + shops
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ebay + shops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bladesmad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:19 am 
Post subject: ebay + shops

I use ebay quite a lot to buy/sell programmes for my collection but I wondered if anyone recommended any other online auction sites that are out there.

Also I really ought to go to programme shop on Leppings Lane, S6 - he will have mainly Wednesday (spit! lol) programmes but I'm sure that he will have a lot of United's too!

There was once one on Shoreham Street, S2 (Tilly's?) but that closed down a year or two ago. Does anyone know of anymore shops in the South Yorkshire area? We don't have one in Barnsley, not to my knowledge anyways.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 am 
Post subject: Re: ebay + shops

bladesmad wrote:
I use ebay quite a lot to buy/sell programmes for my collection but I wondered if anyone recommended any other online auction sites that are out there.

We setup http://www.kickoff3pm.com/football-auction last year.

It's slowly gaining members but accept that it's not ebay, we just don't have the resources to build ebay mark2. Clearly people are not using it as much as we thought they would, concidering the complaints about ebay. But we are not giving up on it and we are currently waiting for an update that may make the site more popular.

Thing is it's a catch 22 - you need items in the auction to attract buyers but you need to attract sellers but they won't list on a site thats not used much.
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:39 pm 
Post subject:

Tilleys now trade on Ebid,

http://magazines-and-comics-from-tilleys-of-sheffield.ebid.net

They`ve got a couple of programmes listed but I`m sure if you contact them they will add more, I`ve bought off them a couple of times on ebid and got good service.
bladesmad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

I had heard that they trade online but didn't know where exactly!

Thank you.
surfinjim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:16 pm 
Post subject:

Tilley's was still open around 6 months ago, think they open at strange hours.

They trade on Ebay as well.

The programme shop on Leppings Lane will suprise you. Mainly Wednesday, but substantial amount of stock including plenty of Blunts stuff.

Jim

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:27 pm 

bladesmad wrote:

Also I really ought to go to programme shop on Leppings Lane, S6 - he will have mainly Wednesday (spit! lol) programmes but I'm sure that he will have a lot of United's too!

There was once one on Shoreham Street, S2 (Tilly's?) but that closed down a year or two ago. Does anyone know of anymore shops in the South Yorkshire area? We don't have one in Barnsley, not to my knowledge anyways.

Tilley's shut??? News to me, still there mate and still got a great collection of material for the more discerning reader Cool

S6 programmes on Leppings Lane. Highly recommended Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
surfinjim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 pm 

sharrowblade wrote:

still got a great collection of material for the more discerning reader Cool
:

Would those be the ones in brown paper bags???? Shocked

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:14 pm 
Post subject:

I was thinking 'Roy of the Rovers', Jim, I don't know anything about the 'special editions' .................... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: