Football Programmes Centre

King's Lynn v Hereford United, FA Cup First Round 1971
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
King's Lynn v Hereford United, FA Cup First Round 1971

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
banobull

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:12 am 
Post subject: King's Lynn v Hereford United, FA Cup First Round 1971

Hello,

I need King's Lynn v Hereford United, FA Cup First Round, 20 November 1971

I am aware this a relatively rare programme, my dad went to this match but failed to get one, so I will pay good money for it.

Thanks.
bladesmad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 am 
Post subject:

Does it frustrate anyone when they go to a game and a programme isn't printed. In pre-season I went to Mansfield Town and they prinited a 3-in-1 with Sheffield United, Tranmere Rovers and Nottingham Forest - not my ideal programme but thats the way of the world!

Days later I went to Don Valley where we faced Rotherham United, around 4,500 (mostly Blades fans) turned up were a programme hadn't been prinited. How disappointing.

Whilst it isn't quite the same; in 2008/09 I went to see Barnsley at Lincoln City with my mates (league cup). United had been there in a friendly about a month earlier but being midweek I was unable to attend.

Whilst I was there I sort after the programme for my collection only to be told that, that edition had sold out - though they were plenty Aresenal ones left - madness!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

bladesmad wrote:

Days later I went to Don Valley where we faced Rotherham United, around 4,500 (mostly Blades fans) turned up were a programme hadn't been prinited. How disappointing.

There was an A4 sheet, which as in many a pre-season friendly is classed as a programme.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
bpaafc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:42 pm 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
bladesmad wrote:

There was an A4 sheet, which as in many a pre-season friendly is classed as a programme.

Worth having a look?
bladesmad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 am 
Post subject:

sharrowblade wrote:
bladesmad wrote:

When I enquired about a programme I was told one hadn't been prinited, there was no mention of a A4 sheet.
BertD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:05 am 
Post subject:

Depending on who you ask, they might not think an A4 sheet is a programme, especially a non-collecting club official at a club where they usually issue a programme AND a team-sheet for most matches.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 pm 
Post subject:

BertD wrote:
Depending on who you ask, they might not think an A4 sheet is a programme, especially a non-collecting club official at a club where they usually issue a programme AND a team-sheet for most matches.

Quite right Bert, I think that point is very valid.

As someone who collects teamsheets from every match me and the little un's go to, I can sympathise. On saturday, I asked three different people at Wigan if they'd got any teamsheets knocking about (Club shop, ticket collection & Stripey the Cat.). They had no idea, didn't know what I was on about. Into Club reception/hospitality, where I was met with a rather stern 'Eee mate, even we ant' gor any'. Obviously, there was some knocking about but I didn't see any.

Bladesmad...to be fair I encountered the same problem at Rotherham in 2006 for our pre-season friendly, arriving early I asked one of the officials where I could get a programme, to which he replied, 'not printed one, pal..nothing at all'. It wasn't until a couple of weeks later I'd discovered that there was a teamsheet printed. Finally got it.....last week!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Juanjo33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:35 pm 
Post subject: Rotherham friendly teamsheets

Rotherham are pretty bad with friendlies at Don Valley.
Went to see Forest pre-season last year, but there were not even enough teamsheets for the handful of journalists there.
Asked a club official and was told some would be taken to the press benches, but none turned up.
Eventually found a kiosk on the concourse with one left , so took that, despite them also telling me more would be sent to press box (they never did).
Ann Orack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:51 pm 
Post subject: Teamsheet v programme

Sharrowblunt

Quote:

My take on this is - if the sheet has a price on it, its a programme , if it doesn't its a team sheet. Don't ask me to comment on 'programmes' given away on entry that normally don't have a price on them or the 'teamsheets' that ask for a donation (ref grimsby a couple of seasons ago) because that does make life complicated
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:06 am 
Post subject: Re: Teamsheet v programme

Ann Orack wrote:

My take on this is - if the sheet has a price on it, its a programme , if it doesn't its a team sheet. Don't ask me to comment on 'programmes' given away on entry that normally don't have a price on them or the 'teamsheets' that ask for a donation (ref grimsby a couple of seasons ago) because that does make life complicated

Well....thanks for that Chris, that's made things a whole lot clearer Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: