Football Programmes Centre

Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers - 1960 European Cup Semi Final
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers - 1960 European Cup Semi Final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:20 am 
Post subject: Eintracht Frankfurt v Rangers - 1960 European Cup Semi Final

Anyone know the value of this programme?

Might be one for Auchinleckian this.

It's from the 1960 European Cup Semi Final 1st leg in which Frankfurt won the game 6-1.

They went on to beat Rangers 6-3 in the 2nd leg with an overall aggregate score of 12-4.

They were beat in the final by Real Madrid 7-3.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:00 pm 
Post subject: Enitracht

Is it the blue or the orange one? Both worth about the £30 mark 5 or 6 years ago, and doubt they'll have improved with age.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 pm 
Post subject:

I have the orange one mate.

Whole programme is in German.

Any difference between the blue and orange?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:50 pm 
Post subject: FRANKFURT

As far as I'm aware it's just the colour. The really rare semi final from that era was the home match against Wolves 59-60. It regularly goes for £50 plus in good condition, whilst the one at Molineux is common it has gone up on avaergae over the last year or so for some starnge reason
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:37 pm 
Post subject:

Cheers mate.

Is it worth me selling it now or keeping hold of it for a few years?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:01 pm 
Post subject: frankfurt

The away semis at Eintracht, prior to the rise of the internet, and especially ebay, was one of those "very difficult to get hold of" programmes, as the supply of them was controlled by the (predominantly Scottish) dealers, with the odd one offered for sale in Programme Monthly. Now most semi serious collectors of both Rangers and European programmes will have at least one of the programmes. As usual with ebay interest, prices were high to start with. To be honest, I haven't taken much interest in this particular programmes fortunes, which might be because it hasn't been around much lately, and if that's the case it's probably worth a punt.
I'd google Ranger's programme collectors or something similar and see what comes up before trying ebay, as there may be people on there actually looking for a copy. If that's the case you'll save yourself a listing fee, a reserve (as you wouldn't want to let it go too cheap) and a selling fee. Better for you to profit rather than ebay! Also, check out glasgowprogrammes.com who have a stall outside both Parkhead and Ibrox on matchdays, they might have a more up to date valuation (but they do tend to price on the top side)
D&D programmes (which can also be got on the net) could also have a copy, but totally disregard the price quoted as you'll never attain it.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: