Football Programmes Centre

A List of upcoming fairs for Autumn 2010
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A List of upcoming fairs for Autumn 2010
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:02 pm 
Post subject: A List of upcoming fairs for Autumn 2010

some latest Programme Fair News:

Sunday 3rd October - SHREWSBURY TOWN FAIR, The Greenhous Meadow, Oteley Road, Shrewsbury (Chris Smith 01952 604742)

Sunday 10th October - STOKE CITY SUPPORTERS CLUB FAIR, West Stand Lower Concourse, Britannia Stadium, Stoke
INAUGURAL DARTFORD PROGRAMME FAIR

Sunday 17th October 2010 - 10am - 2pm

at Dartford FC, Princes Park, Grassbanks,

Darenth Road, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1RT

Organised by Barry Dixey Football Memorabilia.

Phone 01689 857246 and 07887 808102.

LINCOLN CITY PROGRAMME FAIR

Sunday, 24th October 2010 - 11am - 2pm.

Sincil Bank Stadium Lincoln, LN5 8LD.

Organised by Colin Boulter.

Phone 01455 843 618 or 07831 780 232.

Sunday 24th October - LEEDS PROGRAMME FAIR, Soccer City, 1 Benyon Park Way, Leeds, LS12 6DP (Michael Hewitt 01977 643107)

Sunday 7th November - WEST LONDON FAIR, 10.30am to 2pm, St Stephens Church Hall, Emperors Gate, Kensington, London SW7 4HJ (Ian Hands 01293 436283)

FOLKSTONE INVICTA PROGRAMME FAIR

(in Aid of the Bobby Robson Foundation)

Sunday, 14th November 2010 - 11am - 2pm.

Stripes Bar, Cheriton Road, Folkstone, Kent.

Admission 50p. Children Free.

Phone Simon Randall - 01622 688216.

NORWICH CITY PROGRAMME & MEMORABILIA FAIR
Sunday, 21st November 2010 - 10.30am - 2pm.
Russell Allison Lounge, Carrow Road, Norwich.
Admission 50p. Children Free.
Phone Gary - 07722 163703.

Sunday 28th - WOLVERHAMPTON FAIR, Terrace Bar, Stan Cullis Stand, Molineux, 10.30am to 1.30pm (Kelvin Weatherer - 0781 7270550)

December

Sunday 19th - LEEDS PROGRAMME FAIR, Soccer City, 1 Benyon Park Way, Leeds, LS12 6DP (Michael Hewitt 01977 643107)

Wednesday 29th - SHEFFIELD FAIR, Holiday Inn, Victoria Station Road, Sheffield, 11am to 2pm (Programme Promotions 01923 680988)

Thursday 30th - GREATER MANCHESTER FAIR, Cresta Court Hotel, Church Street, Altrincham, 11am to 3pm (Programme Promotions 01923 680988)

Last edited by sharrowblade on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
katesdad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 am 
Post subject: Wolverhamton Fair

Would anyone have any contact details for the Wolverhampton Fair
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: Wolverhamton Fair

katesdad wrote:
Would anyone have any contact details for the Wolverhampton Fair

I have updated the list above. SB Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
katesdad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:32 pm 
Post subject:

thanks
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

Can I add its usually a quid to get into the Wolves fair

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
abfootballprogrammes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:44 pm 
Post subject: Upcoming fairs

It shouldn't matter about a £1 to get in IF you're intending to buy something. Exhibitors (and yes I am one) are not there for people to say "thats a great collection you'be got" etc. As I've said on this forum before for some of us, its a living. Surely £1 is a small price to pay to get into somewhere that "potentially" may have the programme you are looking for. Rant over !!
www.abfootballprogrammes.com
katesdad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:54 pm 
Post subject:

Far be it for me as a fully fledged Baggie to stick up for a Dingle from the Custard Bowl, but i think Wulfrunian was only stating the admission price not saying it was over the top,
tommy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:01 pm 
Post subject:

It sounds like Allen is probably having a bad day.
As Michael Winner says ‘Calm down dear’
abfootballprogrammes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 pm 
Post subject: Upcoming fairs

ok, I'm calm HOWEVER there are plenty of people who would like more fairs to go to. Few clubs or hotels or anywhere else an event may take place will give that hall for gratis. On that basis, the organiser has to 1) Charge stallholders 2) Pay for the hire of it and 3) Charge an entrance fee. Clubs are getting greedy and wanting more for their hire Eg There is no fair at Ipswich Town anymore as they were asking £750 for the room hire. If I were organising a fair, I certainly wouldn't want to lose money. All I am trying to say is dont complain/belly ache about an entrance fee. Think of the organiser who is "probably" losing money !!
BertD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:14 pm 
Post subject:

I can think of at least one football club in South London that would be happy to open a bar up for free on a Sunday morning in exchange for a few people wandering in, but I've no experience of setting anything like that up.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:26 pm 
Post subject: Re: Upcoming fairs

abfootballprogrammes wrote:
ok, I'm calm HOWEVER there are plenty of people who would like more fairs to go to. Few clubs or hotels or anywhere else an event may take place will give that hall for gratis. On that basis, the organiser has to 1) Charge stallholders 2) Pay for the hire of it and 3) Charge an entrance fee. Clubs are getting greedy and wanting more for their hire Eg There is no fair at Ipswich Town anymore as they were asking £750 for the room hire. If I were organising a fair, I certainly wouldn't want to lose money. All I am trying to say is dont complain/belly ache about an entrance fee. Think of the organiser who is "probably" losing money !!

I don't pay to enter WH Smiths, or Next, or Boots to peruse the goods they have for sale, those companies shoulder the costs of renting/hiring/leasing the shop space, and factor this into the cost of their goods.

I've never understood why fairs (not just programme fairs) expect the prospective customers to pay just to get in. Those costs should be borne by the stall holders in my opinion.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 pm 
Post subject:

I was just letting people know the admission price, honestly.
I really have no pronblem with paying a quid to get in, especially as Kelvin is a decent bloke, and if you buy a few things off him he does a nice little discount which saves far more than the admission cost.
I would assume that Wolves, being wolves and with Mr Moxey at the financial helm, dont undercharge Kelvin for the room, and he has to cover that somehow, so I dont mind chipping in as there is a good selection there usually.
So apologys to anyone who misunderstood what i was saying and thanks to katesdad for the defence from an unexpected source!!!!!

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:01 am 
Post subject:

wolves man has a point.more than a few as do the programme dealer in his defence.i personally dont mind paying.its my hobby and interest.has been since childhood its something i get great pleasure out of.i'd love every football club to have a fair at their grounds but reasons stated by people on this thread make that impossible which for me is a shame.i think clubs should look at it and into it and seriously consider it as an income making idea and keep promoting the hobby side to possible younger collectors.where else can you go too to try and find a programme you deserpate for mostly on sunday morning.only one place they called car boot sales.dealers are missing out on this custom.we all individuals in life.some dealers would say i do enough through catalouges others would say yes please to this idea.i know at my own club everton id love them to have a programme fair and make it an annual but alas i fear like ipswich example everton would want as much moneyout of the dealers as they could make. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
Footiebadgebloke

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:07 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie T.......why should the stallholders bare the cost of admission.....surely this would mean a increase in Prog prices to offset their costs and therefore you pay a hell of alot more than the admission price overall.
Eddie Reeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Having run stalls at programme fairs in the past I can see both sides of the argument.
It is true to say that it is a slightly strange concept to charge customers just for the privilege of them spending their money with you. Having said that virtually all collectors/antique fairs do charge an admission fee.
As many have said previously there is a shortage of youngsters coming into the hobby, so I do feel is important to allow children free entry into fairs, as otherwise it may well put them off attending.
James

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: A List of upcoming fairs for Autumn 2010

sharrowblade wrote:
INAUGURAL DARTFORD PROGRAMME FAIR

Sunday 17th October 2010 - 10am - 2pm

at Dartford FC, Princes Park, Grassbanks,

Darenth Road, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1RT

Organised by Barry Dixey Football Memorabilia.

Phone 01689 857246 and 07887 808102.

hmm, do i bid for a few Gills\Spurs items on ebay or do i get my lazy butt out of bed early on Sunday and have a moochie on up to Dartford

Does anyone know of any of the dealers who will be at this event???
abfootballprogrammes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:38 pm 
Post subject:

So tell me James, did you manage to get to the Dartford fair ?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 pm 
Post subject:

Hope to see a few of you at the Lincoln fair next Sunday.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:32 pm 
Post subject:

Footiebadgebloke wrote:
Tynie T.......why should the stallholders bare the cost of admission.....surely this would mean a increase in Prog prices to offset their costs and therefore you pay a hell of alot more than the admission price overall.

Then that's what they should do, factor the cost into their prices, add an extra 50p per programme or such like. A £2/£3 entrance fee may well discourage a "passer by" who may have popped in for a look.

As someone else said, this isn't unique to programme fairs, it seems to happen at most other types of fairs and I find it rather bizarre.

Can you imagine walking up your local high street and paying £1 to enter every shop?
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:27 am 
Post subject:

Posh1959 wrote:
Hope to see a few of you at the Lincoln fair next Sunday.

As I am treating the little un's to a no expense spared, luxury half term break at the Costa del Cleethorpes resort I shall see you there Posh.

For any other forum members who may be in attendance,
Just look for the grey haired bloke, who looks as if he's about to kill somebody, with two very active lads who will spend their time wrestling in the middle of the room and constantly asking 'Dad, when are we going? ' Confused
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Football Programme Fairs. In honour of Gordon Bennett. RIP All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: