Football Programmes Centre

The one thing that really gets my back up...
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The one thing that really gets my back up...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:55 pm 
Post subject: The one thing that really gets my back up...

on here is when people pm you, ask you if you've got programme X or Y, you pm them back with yes, tell them a price, send them details of postage etc, they say they want it and you never hear from them again!

I've just cleared the study and there's 6 various bundles or single programmes going back to around Xmas, all from people who wanted things and who have now vanished!

At least on e-bay they have a procedure for time wasters.....
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:56 pm 
Post subject:

Maybe you should name and shame?
Dan Dagger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:13 pm 
Post subject:

Had the same Andy its really annoying
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

I (stupidly) bought a copy of the 1999 Champion's league final off a mate, for someone on here. He said he wanted it, friend wanted cash in his hand for it, I bought it for him, he then said he didn't want it!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:03 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Guys,

Sadly it has come to my attention a few weeks ago from another user who has had similar problems.

Barrett and I have discussed it but not really come up with any ideas.

I think if everyone could show some common curteousy and just reply to messages even if they dont want the programmes, people would be a lot more understanding.

Personally i think naming and shaming is a bit harsh and would cause problems for the admin with users accusing other users of this and that followed by counter-claims from the other user!

The good thing about this forum is that its a proper community and you see loads of threads with people helping each other out and we really dont want people to be put off by people no responding to messages. If anyone has any suggestions they will be taken on board.

Craig
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:50 pm 
Post subject:

I am not sure what we can do really.

The only things I could think of:-

1) setting some general rules - if you make an offer you are expected to pay within a certain time frame (say 10 days).

2) report any non payers to the admins and if the same names keep coming up, issue a warning and if it keeps happening a ban.

Its will be a real shame if this board fails because of non payers!

Paulo
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:01 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Paulo,

Reporting the names to admins seems like the best bet to me. Only thing is because we have multiple admins we would need to agree between ourselves who wants to take this on.

It could be easier actually if there was an email address to email with the name of the offender and also some evidence supporting your claim. This could then be forwarded onto all of the admins and they could then contact the user to issue a warning and if they are persistant offenders, they could then be banned.

I'll await Barrett and Geddons thoughts.

Craig
Dan Dagger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:37 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:
I am not sure what we can do really.

The only things I could think of:-

1) setting some general rules - if you make an offer you are expected to pay within a certain time frame (say 10 days).

2) report any non payers to the admins and if the same names keep coming up, issue a warning and if it keeps happening a ban.

Its will be a real shame if this board fails because of non payers!

Paulo

Thank god all my transactions with you have been fine...well except the post office under charging!!!! Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: