Football Programmes Centre

Time Machine!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Time Machine!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:15 am 
Post subject: Time machine.

cardiff55 wrote:
I know what you mean. I was telling this to a mate of mine a year or so ago and said I wish I'd seen Little Feat and Alex Harvey BAnd back in the 70s as I;d just bought two live CDs of them. He laughed and said they were the support bands at a WHo concert in Swansea in 1976(?). Apparently I was unconscious at the time!

Talk of support bands,i sean Neil Young Liverpool Empire (c) early 70s and the support .........The Eagles i wonder whatever became of them ?.
CelticViking

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:09 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Phil,
I was also there at the Neil Young concert at the Empire, and as a massive Neil Young fan, having all his music, l was very disapointed that he did not play any of his old stuff, just from then his new LP. Though l thought the Eagles were fantastic and are stil going strong and still touring. They where in Denmark last year
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:22 pm 
Post subject:

I can't believe you saw Little Feat and can't remember it.. CRIMINAL WASTE

and I'm jealous btw.
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

cardiff55 wrote:
I know what you mean. I was telling this to a mate of mine a year or so ago and said I wish I'd seen Little Feat and Alex Harvey BAnd back in the 70s as I;d just bought two live CDs of them. He laughed and said they were the support bands at a WHo concert in Swansea in 1976(?). Apparently I was unconscious at the time!

I also missed the Alex Harvey Band (but was present!!) at the Reading festival 1977. I saw Little Feat with Lowell George in London just prior to that Reading Festival and they were superb. Best support band seen were Queen backing Mott the Hoople in 1973. I was only a pup then so I remember that with no problem. Happy days. Where's that time machine?
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:07 pm 
Post subject:

Oi, this threads not for crusty auld men talking about their yoof Laughing

(and the time machine only goes to football matches Driving )
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:14 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
Oi, this threads not for crusty auld men talking about their yoof Laughing

(and the time machine only goes to football matches Driving )

Oi, less of the crusty Very Happy

Peace and luv, with some flower power just for you.

xx Wink
corneli_blue

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:27 pm 
Post subject:

I'd go back to a time before Cardiff City turned professional. They were producing single teamsheets for games in the South Wales League at that time. I've never ever seen one but what a day it would be to get just one of those !!!!

Well, I say one but I'd probably buy all I could get my gruby little hands on and then try to find out if there are unsold copies from previous games stuffed in a draw somewhere.

Alan Jenkins
Bridgend
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:42 pm 
Post subject:

I'd probably go back to the last season or two prior to WWI, when it's known that there were "half time programmes" produced on behalf of Hearts to complement the new half time scoreboard, but which none appear to have survived.
cardiff55

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:15 pm 
Post subject:

Never seen any of those early Cardiff team sheets Alan, in over 30 years.

On the music subject it forced me to go out and but 4 LPs today, all mint for £2 each. Bargain.
stodin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:45 pm 
Post subject:

10th May 1985... the day before the game between Bradford City and Lincoln City. I would have taken newspaper clippings (from the future) and forced officials to make the place safe.

I am probably the only one on here who would want to go back to a game that they actually attended...15th April 1989 Nottingham Forest v Liverpool. I am not sure what I would have done to avert the disaster but I would have the benefit of hindsight to have done something!
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:07 am 
Post subject:

I'd go and get the programme from the Wolves v Blackburn game on 22/5/2011. I reckon that one is pretty rare right now, and as it would have all of Wolves results for next season in it, I could earn a few bob in the next 12 months.
On the other hand, I could go and get every Wolves programme that has ever been produced, and still be back here before this topic was even started, and ask the question in the first place !!!

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
BertD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:32 am 
Post subject:

Back to the early days of Wimbledon's Old Centrals for me. No programmes back then, but I'd love to fill in the missing details of our earliest games, and I'd take my camera along for the occasion.

No doubt I could cover costs by wrangling a match uniform and grabbing a few fixture cards and the like.
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 am 
Post subject:

The time machine would take me to the years just after the 2nd World War to allow me to fill in some gaps in my collection. Noticeable absentees from my collection are Boro v Man Utd homes from 46/7 through to 53/4. Each of those programmes would now require at least £200+ of my hard earned money to obtain. I do have a Boro v Man Utd 45/6 though.

Does anybody else have similar gaps in their home collection v Man Utd from this era?
oldbolt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:54 am 
Post subject:

I've got all Bolton's homes v Man U from 48/49 onwards and none of them cost over £50.They have come down in price notably in the last couple of years apart from than the Munich season one..I paid £45 for the 50/51 programme last year at a fair thinking it was about right and then saw one in as good condition sell for only £23 a few weeks later.

The 46/47 one would probably cost around £200 but I reckon i'm likely to pick up the 47/48 for around the £50 mark on ebay eventually.A full set of post war Tottenhams and Chelseas at Bolton would require more funds than Man U visits.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:05 am 
Post subject:

Rocky Boro wrote:
The time machine would take me to the years just after the 2nd World War to allow me to fill in some gaps in my collection. Noticeable absentees from my collection are Boro v Man Utd homes from 46/7 through to 53/4. Each of those programmes would now require at least £200+ of my hard earned money to obtain. I do have a Boro v Man Utd 45/6 though.

Does anybody else have similar gaps in their home collection v Man Utd from this era?

I,m complete except 1946/47 Man Utd v Pompey Postponed........that will cost a fortune.

((Hey rocky as a Boro collector keep an eye out for Boro v Pompey postponed programme 65/66...dated 1/10/65......lots of money here for a copy.))

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:34 am 
Post subject:

Being purely selfish I forgot that I would make sure Clive Thomas's car breaks down on the way to Manchester (in the middle of nowhere of course) and also Collina's flight to Spain (2005) is delayed for more than 24 hours..
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: