Football Programmes Centre

Bring Back 3 o'clock Saturday Kick-offs
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bring Back 3 o'clock Saturday Kick-offs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foxes1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:16 am 
Post subject: Bring Back 3 o'clock Saturday Kick-offs

So with the fixture list only a couple of weeks old.
We already have had 5 matches kick-offs moved some I don't mind like a 12 noon kick-off at Derby or a 12.30 kick-off at Coventry.
But who in there right mind wants to travel to Portsmouth on a Friday night for a 19.45 kick-off or to Swansea for a 17.20 Sat kick-off, and how many Reading fans are going to come up to Leicester for a 17.20 Sat kick-off.
Absolutely ridiculous, but I suppose the clubs will say well it brings extra revenue in.
seand

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:23 am 
Post subject:

In Germany and Italy two matches per weekend are moved for television. The rest kickoff at the same time. English football is the bitch of Sky Sports and will do anything to please. You want Southampton to play Newcastle on Boxing Day with a midday kickoff? No problem!
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 am 
Post subject: 3 O'clock kick off

Can only agree with the others.......

Football sold it's soul to the TV & its money.

There's no going back........but then I'm an old git who can remember the good and bad times.

Flickr pages in the process of closing......

Happy to forward any info on Pompey...
stodin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

I am in the 'tough shit' camp.

I didnt hear many people moaning when SKY 1st started to pump in their money, all I heard was clubs unzipping their trousers, bending over and taking one for the cash.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:17 pm 
Post subject: 3 O'Clock kick off's

stodin wrote:
I am in the 'tough shit' camp.

I didnt hear many people moaning when SKY 1st started to pump in their money, all I heard was clubs unzipping their trousers, bending over and taking one for the cash.

Who would had thought then that 20 years down the line,

The football clubs are no better off,
The clubs can be held to ransom by owners,
Clubs are run like no other business in the country, could you or I go into debt without being made bankrupt......no
The players wages have gone up to silly amounts.
We all can be always be wise after the event.
No turning back now...............
We have taken the money & paid the price.
Of course there are positives..

But getting back to the orignal subject.........Oh for 3 O'Clock kick off's.

I'll can on dreaming..

stodin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: 3 O'Clock kick off's

pompeypete wrote:
We all can be always be wise after the event

Some of us were wise as the event was happening Wink
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:16 pm 
Post subject:

You can have 3pm kick offs on Saturday Pete, just pop up the road to Havant, all welcome.
stodin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:02 pm 
Post subject:

Tigerhawk wrote:
You can have 3pm kick offs on Saturday Pete, just pop up the road to Havant, all welcome.

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

3pm Saturday kick offs for me too. Its wonderful, wonderful I tells thee
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 pm 
Post subject:

stodin wrote:

I noticed you've dumped your new team and are onto a third one, why was that?
stodin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:16 am 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics wrote:
stodin wrote:

I noticed you've dumped your new team and are onto a third one, why was that?

They linked up with a 'community football' team called Unity who were set up to stop the gangs of 2 inner city areas killing each other in a drug war. These areas have nothing to do with Hucknall, they are not even in the same local authority area. These players formed a type of youth/reserve team and they got priority over the local kids thus making it very difficult for lads from Hucknall breaking into the 1st team while making it easy for lads from the Meadows, Radford and St Anns. This was not appealing as one of the reasons I started watching them was due to the local playeres and local feel of the club. The link with Unity has had an impact on the family atmosphere, culminating in one of the players abusing a member of staff in front of everyone in the bar, this player was taken to task by the fans but no one at the club had the balls to stand up him through fear of affecting the Unity link.

The club also severed all links with the club forum, the reason they gave was some negative comments on a forum (that was always linked to the official website) might have affected future sponsorship! Shocking way to treat fans at this level as we do talk to the players and management and officials after the game down here.

The way the club treated the 'fun bus' that was arranged by a fan to take us to away games. There was an agreement that the club would not allow people on the team bus inorder to help fill the 'fun bus' the went back on that agreement and thus killed the fun bus.

The list goes on but I wont bore you with it as I doubt you would agree with my reasons anyway. Lots of fans dont get how I could change clubs, these are the sort of people who blindly follow their club however badly they are treated, they wouldnt stay with an employer if they were treated so badly, or keep their gym membership if they were treated so badly etc etc

I am not the only one by the way, I know 7 others who probably wont bother next season and I dont blame them. I choose how to spend my leisure time and I chose Hucknall Town for a number of reasons, local players, family atmosphere, a more honest level of football among those reasons. All of those things are no longer in evidence so I have no reason to support them any more and have decided to spend my leisure time elsewhere.

I am moving areas, not very far away, so looked around for another club at a similar level. It was a choice between Shepshed Dynamo, Quorn or Loughborough Dynamo. After reading their forums and speaking to some people Shepshed were the lucky recipients of my support, which be wholehearted until they piss me off.

Following me choosing Shepshed and totally unrelated to that decision my girlfriends son has just signed for them, so that is a bonus.

Anything else you want to know, just ask mate Thumbs Up
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:05 am 
Post subject:

Tigerhawk wrote:

Many thanks for the offer but it's in the blood to follow Pompey, through thick & thin, highs & lows. Theres been plenty of them in the past fifty years.

(Although I do have a soft spot for Havant)

Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

I used to support Pompey through the seventies and early eighties (so I know what you mean) but I got pretty fed up with it all and finally turned my back on the professional game to follow Waterlooville at the time best thing i ever did, although the merger nearly did it for me.
pompeypete
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:48 pm 
Post subject: 3 O'Clock K O

Reply to 'Tigerhawk',

I can understand you being drawn away from the professional game, too much money, they all cheat etc, I could go on.......
H&W are good HONEST club, trying their hardest to achieve promotion on modest income.
Put your money on them this year

I see Sammy Igoe has signed for you, will he make the difference.........Only time will tell.

You never know I might wander down to Havant, 3'OClock K O is certainly a attraction.

gang-warily

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

"so I have no reason to support them any more and have decided to spend my leisure time elsewhere".

Stodin - I think your attitude is quite refreshing. Clubs get away with treating supporters badly because they know so many will always be there. Hats off to you. I wonder how different clubs' attitudes would be if more people did this. Easy Clap Bow Nod
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 am 
Post subject:

I would agree to that Easy

But during this, the worst world cup I've ever seen (I got back to 1970), I've been thinking just us a real fugging BALL !

Had had to give up buying season tickets simply because of kickoff times changing.
Senior82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:03 am 
Post subject:

I suspect the majority of Wednesday's games next season will be Saturday 3pm...however I remember our previous seasons in the third tier and let's just say that with a minimum price of £17 I won't be rushing to Hillsborough
stodin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 am 
Post subject:

gang-warily wrote:
"so I have no reason to support them any more and have decided to spend my leisure time elsewhere".

Stodin - I think your attitude is quite refreshing. Clubs get away with treating supporters badly because they know so many will always be there. Hats off to you. I wonder how different clubs' attitudes would be if more people did this. Easy Clap Bow Nod

Cheers fella. I know my attitiude may seem strange to many but its nice to know that not everyone thinks I am a disloyal weirdo. Laughing
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: