Football Programmes Centre

Altrincham
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Altrincham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kingys Beard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:20 am 
Post subject: Altrincham

Hello!

Does anyone out there have a copy of Scunthorpe United v Altrincham, 23/11/1974 FAC 1, that they'd be willing to part with?

Thank you!
Healing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Mate Welcome aboard.Are you a Altrincham fan?Cheers Pete
Kingys Beard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:00 pm 
Post subject:

Yes! I'm presently marooned in the U.S. which makes collecting a bit more difficult. I'm trying to complete my homes collection from 65/66 to 90/91 (although interested in programmes both before and after too). I have every Altrincham programme in the FAC Rounds proper (home and away) EXCEPT the above-mentioned Scunthorpe one, which is proving surprisingly elusive.

Thanks for the welcome!
Healing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:44 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry I dont have the programme your after.Do you have the Jeff Wealands testimonial brochure and team-sheet vs Everton 89-90?Cheers Pete
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:39 am 
Post subject:

kingys beard so good to hear that name again in reference i take it to the mad dirty scouser who played in your midfield and managed you and my team in the 80s ? in john king.im a runcorn fan mate as well as a big everton fan.have you got the abandoned game at canal street in 88 that was called off due to heavy rain at half time when it was 0-0 ?

regards from an old rival lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
CelticViking

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:57 pm 
Post subject:

That mad dirty mad Scouser John King was a great manager at South Liverpool FC !!!!

Hi Kingys Beard
Have just 1 Altrincham left in my collection you may be interested in home prog v Merthyr Tydfil 30.11.91 GM Vauxhall Conference
efcbluenose

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:09 pm 
Post subject:

hey celtic viking im not having a pop at johnny king.i was a runcorn fan who went a fair few homes under his managmentship at canal street in season 86/87.he rebuilt the team and we was challenging for the league under his style and approach.was well respected and well liked even though a few of us still remembered him from the battles of early 80s that we had with alty home and away on regular basis and cheshire cup battles also.i only got one also fella of alty which is the abandoned match at canal street in 88/89 season which was called off at half time for heavy rain.i got a spare of that programme.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
Kingys Beard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:03 pm 
Post subject:

Glad to see that John King is is still fondly (more or less!) remembered. Certainly so in the environs of Moss Lane. Never met anyone with more actual charisma in my life. And of course he was really entertaining to watch - always up to something. He was a good footballer too - great header of the ball, excellent passer. Peerless motivator. I bet no-one has ever come close to his record against League Clubs in the FAC as both player and manager.

Healing- I do not have the Wealands Testimonial. Are you looking to sell?

Cheers!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: