Football Programmes Centre

redscollector
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
redscollector
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ban or dont ban?
Ban
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Dont Ban
39%
 39%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 48

craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:23 pm 
Post subject: redscollector

As we all know he was banned previously but has reemerged. I sense a lot of you regulars are again upset by his postings. Should he be banned again?
redcollector

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:25 pm 
Post subject:

but what about jooko
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:30 pm 
Post subject:

Ive not noticed any of his topics but willlook into them now.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:37 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:

Okay, ive just read about two of his messages. Hes banned.
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:37 pm 
Post subject:

Blimey have you been to Mars Craig? I called for redcollector to be banned but now i have changed my mind. After that idiot jooko , redcollector is harmless , annoying sometimes, but he is not sinister.

Last edited by Wullie on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:40 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:

Okay, ive just read about two of his messages. Hes banned.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Clap Clap Clap
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Blimey have you been to Mars Craig? I called for redcollector to be banned but now i have changed my mind. After that other moron redcollector is harmless , annoying sometimes, but he is not sinister.

Pretty much mate yes!! I stopped selling on ebay in December at Christmas time and have not added to my collection or posted on here much since though ive been reading most days.

I decided this week id try and start to get the bug again and finish off sorting my collection and make some money on eBay to fund my collecting by selling in the same way i used to before which was quite successful. I used to have about 7000 items listed at any one time and all were 99p as they were just general league programmes but they would make me some decent pocket money to buy Cardiff related programmes. However ive just noticed that ebay have stopped allowing users to list more than 100 items for free a month - so id have to pay 10p a programme to list plus then 10% of the final selling fee. The percentage of programmes that i used to sell was very low so its not going to be financially possible for me to sell which is a bummer Sad

Either way im going to still sort out my collection but maybe not add to it for a while - it will mean ill be around on here a lot more though! Clap
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome back then. It's a crappy thing for ebay to do. I notice postage going up on the cheaper items. Must be to help pay the fees. I think recollector needs to be shown why he winds people up sometimes. But really after all the crap of the last few days , redcollector seems quite a decent member now lol... by the way. By banning jooko , you have broken the law ( according to him) so expect the old bill to come knocking on your door tonight... Laughing Laughing
gang-warily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:11 pm 
Post subject:

After all his rambles I even remember the date of the infamous teamsheet -18th March 1990. So we're not going to hear about it again? Thanks a million Thumbs Up
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:12 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Welcome back then. It's a crappy thing for ebay to do. I notice postage going up on the cheaper items. Must be to help pay the fees. I think recollector needs to be shown why he winds people up sometimes. But really after all the crap of the last few days , redcollector seems quite a decent member now lol... by the way. By banning jooko , you have broken the law ( according to him) so expect the old bill to come knocking on your door tonight... Laughing Laughing

It certainly looks like at the moment that people are tolerant of redcollector but ill leave the poll run for a while longer to see what the general consensus is.

Has the number of programmes dropped on ebay since they brought in this new policy?

I understand why they have done it as they want to get away from the cheap tat rubbish that people sell but with something like programmes the vast majority of them cost a quid or so so its not economical to sell them on ebay any more which is a major shame - not least because ive already catalogued about 7000 programmes and have a further 8000 or so to catalogue.... But as it stands its pointless doing that as i wont be able to sell enough to make it worth my time. So instead i just have boxes and boxes filling up my room Sad
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:13 pm 
Post subject:

I think redscollector is a bit annoying at times, but unlike his previous incarnation, he does seem to be making an effort to do the right thing when advised.
I dont know much about him, or read many of his posts as he is mainly man u orientated, but if he is making the effort, surely he should be cut a little slack.
He doesn't get offended or offensive when offered advice (constructive or not) so maybe, just maybe he is growing up a little by being surrounded on here by more mature collectors.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:
Wullie wrote:

It certainly looks like at the moment that people are tolerant of redcollector but ill leave the poll run for a while longer to see what the general consensus is.

Has the number of programmes dropped on ebay since they brought in this new policy?

I understand why they have done it as they want to get away from the cheap tat rubbish that people sell but with something like programmes the vast majority of them cost a quid or so so its not economical to sell them on ebay any more which is a major shame - not least because ive already catalogued about 7000 programmes and have a further 8000 or so to catalogue.... But as it stands its pointless doing that as i wont be able to sell enough to make it worth my time. So instead i just have boxes and boxes filling up my room Sad

Why not just add onther 10p on postage? Or have you tried selling bulk ? How come you ended up with so much "tat" in the first place? That sounds rude , but not a bad question really. I'm after 72/73 fa cup games all rounds...
ForestMick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:27 pm 
Post subject:

Some of Redcollector's post are slightly inane, and constant questions about how much a particular programme or piece of memoabilia is worth is annoying, but as has been said, compared to Jooko, he's a saint!! I also have to add that he bought off me, and he was the fastest payer that I've dealt with. I'm not a particularly experienced collector, which is why I come on here, to learn off people who know what they're talking about, so I suppose some of the questions that I post must be quite annoying to the more knowledgeable of you. So, I say, let him stay, and hopefully he is learning as he goes.

Craig, I am so glad Jooko is gone. I actually think he/she was slightly mentally unstable, and does not belong in the community!!
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
Craig wrote:
Wullie wrote:

Why not just add onther 10p on postage? Or have you tried selling bulk ? How come you ended up with so much "tat" in the first place? That sounds rude , but not a bad question really. I'm after 72/73 fa cup games all rounds...

Because if i list 7000 programmes only a small majority would sell (about 40) but it would have cost me £700 to list them as i need to pay a 10p insertion fee for each programme (apart from the first 100 listings). So if the 40 sell for £1 i make a loss of £660 Smile

I some how gathered around 1500 general programmes years ago and started cataloguing these years ago and then eventually that catalogue turned into this website. Then 2 years ago when i launched this website i bought about 10000 general league programmes from a retiring dealer for a decent price. Then ebay started free listings and it was great as i could just set all the auctions to autorenew on ebay and id sell about 40 or 50 every 3 days! Excellent as it just meant i could use all this money to buy stuff for my collection! However now im a little stuck!!
Wullie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 pm 
Post subject:

I see your problem . The thing is, it must take you hours to catalogue everything. That's all time , and time is money as they say... bit of a nightmare.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:42 pm 
Post subject:

Wullie wrote:
I see your problem . The thing is, it must take you hours to catalogue everything. That's all time , and time is money as they say... bit of a nightmare.

Exactly - if was able to make around £80 a week like i did previoulsy i never minded spending a couple of hours a week cataloguing (i could do about 50 programmes and hour as i dont use pictures - one of the main reasons that only about 50 of 7000 listings would sell). However now im in a bit of limbo Sad

Hopefully ebay will change their minds again soo or else ill just have to list on their free listing days but thats only a couple of times a year Sad
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:45 pm 
Post subject:

Craig wrote:

Then ebay started free listings and it was great as i could just set all the auctions to autorenew on ebay and id sell about 40 or 50 every 3 days! Excellent as it just meant i could use all this money to buy stuff for my collection! However now im a little stuck!!

So its your fault ebay have started to limit listings then Craig!! Laughing

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

Wulfrunian wrote:
Craig wrote:

Then ebay started free listings and it was great as i could just set all the auctions to autorenew on ebay and id sell about 40 or 50 every 3 days! Excellent as it just meant i could use all this money to buy stuff for my collection! However now im a little stuck!!

So its your fault ebay have started to limit listings then Craig!! Laughing

Sorry mate!!

Still, theres 241,459 programmes up there now which is more than i expected as i think it used to be only around 200,000??? However i think there was a free listing day recently wasnt there which could account for the high number. Or maybe its not effecting other sellers in the same way as me! Sherlock
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:19 pm 
Post subject:

Craig - I was one of the members who grumbled about Red, but if he sticks to his word and only uses his thread when adding items id be happy for him to stay. He is always on here, so must love your site!

Re Ebay - the new rule came in this week, so it will be interesting to see how it works. I suspect people will just set up extra accounts.

Ebay are in real danger of alienating many of its members. There will be far less lower valued items on there and I dont like purchasing high value items from that site.

I too used to do what you do and rotate about 600 items at a time normally selling 10-15 a week. Once what I have has gone that is it for me, I will not be buying bulk collections and breaking them down. It will take to long now.

Keep up the good work, hopefully this site will continue to grow and we can all sell/buy more without too many fees.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

paulo wrote:
Craig - I was one of the members who grumbled about Red, but if he sticks to his word and only uses his thread when adding items id be happy for him to stay. He is always on here, so must love your site!

Re Ebay - the new rule came in this week, so it will be interesting to see how it works. I suspect people will just set up extra accounts.

Ebay are in real danger of alienating many of its members. There will be far less lower valued items on there and I dont like purchasing high value items from that site.

I too used to do what you do and rotate about 600 items at a time normally selling 10-15 a week. Once what I have has gone that is it for me, I will not be buying bulk collections and breaking them down. It will take to long now.

Keep up the good work, hopefully this site will continue to grow and we can all sell/buy more without too many fees.

Hi Paulo,

Redcollector seems to be decent enough from what ive seen over the last day or two. I think some people were still judging on his previous posts maybe.

I see your signing Taiwo from us - what are you thinking!!

Redcollector, as you can see its pretty much 50:50 in the vote so im not going to ban you but please think about your posts before posting and try to keep related topics within the same thread.

Craig
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: