Football Programmes Centre

Another Forest Collector?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Another Forest Collector?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacmpton Red

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:58 pm 
Post subject: Another Forest Collector?

Hi All

Another new member, and my first post. Have to say I am very impressed by this site, and I've not seen anything like it or as good to date.

The web has certainly made collecting far easier these days. I recall as a fifteen year old, taking a weekly trip on the bus down to Tom Gill's old programme shop near Turf Moor in the early 1980's to see what new items he had available. How things have changed, his shop is sadly long gone (anybody know of him these days?), and the internet with sites such as ebay, and this one making life much more accesible for the collector.

Whilst I grew up near Burnley, (I'm still a proud Lancastrian, but these days live in Lincolnshire), I am a Forest supporter, and it's good to see there are at least three other Forest collectors on here. I also and to a lesser extent follow Lincoln City, and commentate on some home matches for them for the local hospital.

I started collecting Forest programmes again earlier this season after a long break, and have a long way to go before assembling a collection anywhere near as impressive as many on this forum I have just enjoyed reading about.

Apart from collecting Forest and (to a lesser extent) Lincoln Programmes, I am also a keen collector of autographed 6x4 Forest Pictures.

Thats it for now, but I am sure to be a regular visitor on here in the future
and maybe hope to get to know some of you.

Every Good Wish

Mark
redcollector

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 pm 
Post subject:

hi mate got 3 forest programmes list here don't know if u have them or not but have a look anyway http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3632
lincolnredman

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:14 pm 
Post subject: another forest fan

hi mate
and welcome to site from a fellow lincoln yellowbelly.i have a large collection of lincoln city and quite a few nottingham forest programmes for sale so if there is any you need drop me a line cheers dave
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:49 pm 
Post subject: another forest collector.

Welcome aboard Mark,The Forest prog is one of my fav from the era i collect late 50s to early 70s very informative and always some great match day photos, good luck with your collecting stick in there ,you are bound to find what you are looking for (programme wise) on site ,so many helpfull people.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 am 
Post subject:

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum, always nice to have another red on here!! Need any help just give me a shout, cheers, Mick.
Juanjo33

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:01 am 
Post subject:

Hey up fellow Tricky!

Guess you're the bidder who beat me on a couple of signed Forest pix on eBay!!!

Just wondered if you had any spare signed pix?

Alternatively. are there any you were particularly after - I've about half a dozen spare signed 6x4s (and another 10-15 signed magazine pix etc) of Forest players
Off the top of my head, the 6x4 pix are of
Gareth Williams
Jim Brennan
Chris Allen
Neil Harris
Kris Commons
and I'm sure there's at least one more.

Was going to stick them on ebay, but let us know if you're interested in any of them.
Cheers
Jon
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: