Football Programmes Centre

using unfranked postage stamps
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
using unfranked postage stamps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 am 
Post subject: using unfranked postage stamps

On another forum I advertised my programme list, and said that to keep postage costs down I always reused unfranked stamps that came through on parcels and letters through my onw letter box. I was castigated by an individual who advised me that it was illegal - when I advised him that the war in Iraq WAS illegal, he didn't understand the irony, but told me that I was being fraudulent!
Is it me?? I know I'm not the only one to do this, anyone else on here? By the way, it always gives me satisfaction doing so, as the arse in charge of the Royal Mail is one Adam Crozier who is trying to do to them what he did to English football when he was in charge there.
tommy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:10 pm 
Post subject:

Unfortunately I do concur with the replies from the other forum. It is fraud and like the Chinese say two Wongs didn’t make the Isle of Wight, or something like that.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:27 pm 
Post subject: STAMPS

Taking a pen or paper home from work is theft - but in the grand scheme of things? Or am I just a hard nosed anti authoritarian?
paulo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

does not both me mate. I have a couple waiting to be used. If the PO does not do its job properly then so be it.

Dont get that many mind.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Think I've done it once myself, don't have a prob anyone else doin it. I suppose TECHNICALLY it MAY be against the law, but I'm sure my local police station ave got more important things to do than arrest you for reusing unfranked stamps!!Like Paulo says, if the joke that passes for Royal Mail did its job properly, we wouldn't be havin this conversation.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:55 pm 
Post subject: unfranked postage stamps

Strange this was reading in the Daily Mail this morning Royal Mail have begun from today using anti-fraud stamps to prevent cheats from using them again,stamps are designed to prevent people peeling them from envelopes and re using them,part of the sticky film covering stamp will REMAIN ON THE ENVELOPE and thawart fraudsters ingenious.
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:03 pm 
Post subject:

When your postman disappears because he's become one of the 50,000 that Royal mail wants to get rid, say to yourself I helped to do that :evil:
Senior82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm 
Post subject:

I get at least one a week! I simply cut round the stamp and sellotape it on to another, solves the peeling off problem Laughing
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 pm 
Post subject: unfranked stamps.

Senior82 wrote:
I get at least one a week! I simply cut round the stamp and sellotape it on to another, solves the peeling off problem Laughing
May be worth haveing a look on TONYS NON-LEAGUE FORUM re Auchs post on stamps (and Selo) feature under Programme Editing and Collecting.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:22 am 
Post subject:

The only problem with cutting around the stamp and then selotaping it onto another envelope is that the post office will most of the time charge you extra as they can't 'frank' the stamp as their is selotape over it.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:12 pm 
Post subject:

When my postman disappears, Ill say that his own incompetence and that of his colleagues brought it about, so they deserved it. Two cheques that I have sent in the last two weeks have not arrived at their destination, so I have been threatened by those supposed to receive them with various types of action.Consequences for Royal Mail?Fu**k all!! I've had two packages sent to me over the last few months (Progs from GFC Paul and stickers very kindly given to me by Barrett) and both were sent in a plastic bag to say they were damaged, and looked like they'd been kicked round the sorting office for a week!!So don't expect people like me to have any sympathy for a postie who can't do his job properly.
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:48 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that !
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:27 am 
Post subject: stamps

The thing about losing jobs has nothing to do with using unfranked stamps, it's political. By re-using the stamps I'm actually ensuring that you will have something to deliver? As a life long active trade unionist I fully support the postworker's union in their fight to save their jobs, as I would of any such worker. This wasn't about bashing posties, and I'm sorry to see that some forum members have chosen to use it as a vehicle to do so. You do a great job in trying circumstances.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:16 pm 
Post subject:

In defence of the posties I have only had about 2 or 3 times when things have taken longer than expected to reach their destination. This out of about 800 progs I have posted to every continent on earth. Can't say I have ever noticed an unfranked stamp on anything I have received but if I did I would re use the stamp.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: