Football Programmes Centre

An old member just getting round to this!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
An old member just getting round to this!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfinjim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:15 am 
Post subject: An old member just getting round to this!

Although a big Wednesday fan, I can't get to every home game due to work commitments on weekends. I also have the odd trip up to Ibrox a couple of times a season.

Collected as a kid (any programme I could get my hands on), and they sat in my parents loft for a good few years. On moving out I forgot about them until I had my own son. On going back to get them, I was informed they'd been sent to the tip many moons previous! Shocked

So my current collection is a bit more cultured, but with a few threads to it.

It's Sheff Wednesday homes v Foreign from 1945 to 1972. Then I have a collection of the 3rd party, representative games, semis at Hillsborough. This was over the same period but now goes as far back as 1930.

I've since started collecting ANY Sheffield and Hallamshire County Cup games from the late 40's and 50's, together with the same v Foreign and 3rd party games but at Bumhole Lane.

Finally I've got a collection of the iconic Wembley programme from 1954-1962, some other England homes from the 60's and a couple of bits of World Cup 66 stuff, including an AA road guide to the grounds which I've never seen elsewhere.

Just updated my wants list, and there are several other games I can't get on there as some of the teams involved aren't listed.

All the best, UTO!

Jim Thumbs Up

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: