Football Programmes Centre

SportingGold auctions
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SportingGold auctions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTFC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:47 pm 
Post subject: SportingGold auctions

I have been meaning to start looking at other ways of obtaining missing programmes and have decided to take the plunge and bid on a few lots at SportingGold.
But have a few questions
How and when do I find out if I have been successful?
Do I have to make arrangements to either collect any winning lots or arrange for postage.
Do SportingGold offer postage if so how much do they charge?
kcs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:57 pm 
Post subject:

Hi,

I am a novice at this too, but have participated on one auction before and won one lot.

You will get an invoice if you win, this will include all the payments details including postage... normally SG offer postage.

Be aware of the buyers premium and/or VAT, the buyers premium can be around 15%.

I have my eyes on several items, but the bank balance does not allow such spending (specially after Mullocks last week)

Good Luck, let us know how you get on

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 pm 
Post subject: Sportingold

They're looking to have their new online catalogue updated while the auction is actually going on rather than having to wait a couple of days. Should be hugely beneficial. I'll be bidding for a number of items via the Salerooms on line facilities - you can actually listen to the auction going on just like being at the auction itself.
They do postage otherwise I'd not be able to participate from Scotland.
goonerboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:55 am 
Post subject:

I have won items from several previous auctions and they send an invoice about a week after the auction and that includes provision for post. You just send it back with payment and they will post it to you.

You can bid live via the internet via www.saleroom.com. Works well most of the time although have had the odd frustration with it freezing or going down right in the middle of an item I was interested in. Otherwise you can bid by telephone but that needs to be pre-arranged.

As indicated just take note that if you bid via www.saleroom.com there is an 18% commission charge on top of your bid so you need to factor that into your budget. Thus winning an item for £100 will end up costing you nearer £120 -£125 by the time you pay commission and postage.
James

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

For me travelling to Northampton is around a 225 mile round trip so about £30 for fuel (£55 gets me about 440 miles). Then adding on costs for food and drink and as i'm out i'll probably end up buying other things as well.
If i won items totalling less than £1000 then i would be better off not travelling and bidding on the internet as the extra 3% comission would be less than my fuel costs.

It was interesting listening to the auction and also bidding for some items on Friday and the pure shock due to the amount some items were going for, o' to have that kind of money.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: