Football Programmes Centre

Ticket Stub Prices
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ticket Stub Prices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedykev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:08 pm 
Post subject: Ticket Stub Prices

I had not contemplated collecting ticket stubs up until a short time ago, however, with ticket stubs becoming more collectible i have chosen to give it a go. How much should i be looking to pay for more recent ticket stubs (2008/2009, 2009/2010) and is your collection of away tickets made up of tickets from the away section of the stadium or just from any part of the stadium?
goonerboy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:27 pm 
Post subject:

Personally i think that you should be able to pick up tickets from 80s onwards for no more than a £1-£2 each or even cheaper if you can get a bulk lot.The 70s and earlier will start getting more expensive because tickets are rarer as only limited parts of the stadiums required tickets thus not so many kicking around.

Although it is nicer to collect away tickets that are from the away section, its not something that bothers me. Also I know some collectors who try to get a ticket from each stand.

What team do you collect ?
speedykev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:18 am 
Post subject:

Many thanks for the reply it's much appreciated. I collect Peterborough away tickets and home tickets for friendlies and cup competition fixtures. I recently picked up a few away tickets for this season at approximately £1.50 each (including P+P) which i ddin't think was a bad price.
paulo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:04 am 
Post subject:

I collect Norwich aways and am missing two from the last 10 seasons and less than 50 in the since 1990.

Most of mine are from the away end as I went to most of the games. That said if I need one to fill a gap I will take any end. I am more concerned about the condition as I like them not to have a fold.

Good luck with your collection and if you have any spares vs Norwich (friendlies) let me know.

Oh and I think the most I have paid for a league/friendly stub is £3.
Our European run go for up to £25 though and I am still missing one of these.
mdjw_41

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

I think 99p a ticket is right, but with more recent tickets, it can sometimes depend upon who soon after the match you try to purchase one. If the market is flooded with tickets, the cheaper values may be a few days down the line, but otherwise expect to pay a little more.

I sell lots of tickets on E-bay so may have a few Peterborough from time to time...most sell at .99p - most if £16 but that was for a Chelsea v Newcastle from the 60's.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: