Football Programmes Centre

Leyland Motors v Man. City (Floodlight opening), '81/'82
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Leyland Motors v Man. City (Floodlight opening), '81/'82

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:38 pm 
Post subject: Leyland Motors v Man. City (Floodlight opening), '81/'82

Mark, you might be able to help with this one. My dad was chairman at Leyland Motors FC for a few years, as well as managing one of the teams. Man. City came there in the early 80's to comemorate the switching on of the club floodlights. I was only about 10 or 11, but I remember the bus coming in, and Trevor Francis and Joe Corrigan were there (But I dont think either played), and Alex Williams played in goal, Kevin Bond played, as I think did Asa Hartford, Dennis Tueart, and others. I think I have a programme for this game, possibly sigend, but my questions are this:
1. Do you know the date of this game, if so did you go, or even know about it?
2. Even tougher one- do you know the team from that night?

I'm certain I have a programme, but if I do, it would be at my grandma's house in Leyland, and I've not been there for about 10years, so was just wondering if anyone could help filling in some blanks in my awful memory!Cheers,Mick.
mancitymark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:21 am 
Post subject:

I never went to this Mick but I can tell you the date was Nov 3rd 1981 and the result was a 3-2 City win, still working on the team and scorers.

John Bond was manager and kevin Bond had just been signed.

This will give you an idea of its value mate.

http://www.artfact.com/auction.....6v6o080dmu
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:06 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for that Mark. Its been that long, not even sure if I still have it, but was just thinking about it the other day, so thanks for your help.
mancitymark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:10 pm 
Post subject:

Mick - Did some more digging on this mate and the line up that day was

Williams
Ranson
McDonald
Reid
Bond
Caton
O'Neill
Reeves
Hutchison
Power
Hareide

Sub: Kinsey

Kevin Reeves scored a hat-trick for City in game watched by just over 4000
ForestMick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:14 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Mark, that's brilliant. I was a Forest fan, but after this game I kinda watched out for City for a little while too. I didn't realise that there were that many there. Not sure, maybe before this, but Paul Mariner played for Leyland Motors- he actually slept in my bed one night, and I had to sleep on the sofa, coz he couldn't get home!! Mike Stowell (Wolves) and Alan Kelly jnr (Sheff. Utd.) also played for 'em, but that was later. Thanks for the info Mark, brought some happy memories back that,cheers.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: