Football Programmes Centre

Have an original matchday programme to sell...any help appre
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Have an original matchday programme to sell...any help appre

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QPRNZ

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 3:50 pm 
Post subject: Have an original matchday programme to sell...any help appre

I've got an original matchday programme from the European Champion Clubs Cup Final 1968 at Wembley between Benfica and Man United.

It's in immaculate condition and I was wondering if there is an easy way to find a buyer for this programme, as I imagine it is worth a reasonable amount given the game it's from, the condition it's in and that it is a matchday original. Anyway any and all help greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:10 pm 
Post subject:

Per your description the value would be about £10 to £15 for an original programme

Reprint about £5

Not a very rare programme I'm afraid, Wembley finals in those days were printed in huge numbers

An example here being sold by very long established dealer

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203930829901?hash=item2f7b39844d:g:n0cAAOSw0StibXsv
gatfb

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 6:31 pm 
Post subject:

New Forest

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 10:04 pm 
Post subject:

gatfb wrote:
www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=EUROPEAN+CUP+FINAL+1968+Manchester+United+v+Benfica+-+ORIGINAL+programme&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=WD65DA&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=3&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=60&_fosrp=1

Makes interesting reading. Worth no more than £5, reprints even less. However, the reprints are not marked as such so ideal for unscrupulous sellers. One on for £10,000 and another on for £3,000 but the seller has a score of only 2. There are certainly some chancers out there.
CannonCJ

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 9:51 am 
Post subject: Original or Reprint of 1968 EC Final?

I too have such a programme to sell from our club shop and although I have learnt how to tell the difference between 1966 World Cup Final programmes (weight & colour), would anyone mind telling me how you differentiate between an original and a reprint for a 1968 Man Utd v Benfica programme please. Thank you in advance.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> A programme from this day in history All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: