Football Programmes Centre

Liverpool and Everton Stars At Home 1960s / 70s
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Liverpool and Everton Stars At Home 1960s / 70s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 12:25 pm 
Post subject: Liverpool and Everton Stars At Home 1960s / 70s

There’s an interesting collection of photos in last nights L,pool Echo , covering Merseyside football stars at home before they were on the really big money. This one of Jimmy Melia brought back painful memories. When l was a kid l arrived home after a youth match with a broken ankle . Obviously, the coach of the team that took us didn’t know the extent of my injury and told me to just rest my foot in a bowl of water . I was soon rushed off to hospital when my parents got home Laughing
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

Such a great shot of a 1960's living room. Black & white TV, telephone, and record player in a sort of suitcase on the floor. And I bet that tall vase on the TV was orange, to match the carpet.

Here's one of Everton's Henry Newton with his Mrs in their kitchen in 1970
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 1:30 pm 
Post subject: Liverpool and Everton Stars At Home

All that stuff seems like only yesterday Pete .. l like the bar in Tommy Smith’s lounge . Those little bars were very popular years ago. ‘ Abigail’s Party’ springs to mind. I remember someone telling me that when he was a kid he lived by Bill Shankly. He called at his house one day with his mates for his autograph and he invited them all in for tea and biscuits. Very different times wasn’t it!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Get a valuation here All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: