Football Programmes Centre

Crystal Palace for £940 !
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Crystal Palace for £940 !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAFC 1947

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:10 am 
Post subject: Crystal Palace for £940 !

Following on from the Portsmouth game now
only going for £500, I noticed £940 was paid
for Crystal Palace v Southend 1938/39.

Perhaps the Palace collectors on here can inform
as to why this league game is worth so much.

It would certainly appear to show games are still
very valuable.
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:20 pm 
Post subject:

No idea, could just be that two people really wanted it to fill a gap in their collection?

Quite a few years ago I set out with the hope of gradually getting one Palace home programme per season as far back as I could. Wasn't too fussed which opponent, just wanted an example from each season, and no real desire to get into a bidding war over them as I have all the time in the world.

There's always a fair selection of 1930's Palace homes on ebay, eg there's a couple from that season on there now, they usually go round and round for ages, I still have some 1920's season which I need a programme for, but no rush whatsover to fill those gaps, could take me years before I find a (relative) bargain or two.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:25 pm 
Post subject:

Just looked at it. Looks very strange, auction started at £150 which in my opinion is too high. Only one bidder but sold at £940.

The eBay app shows more detail than the normal eBay, it clearly shows a start price of £150, only one bidder but an end price of £940.
holtie96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:38 pm 
Post subject: Programmes

Sometimes a best price offer will sometimes include some other programmes that have been pulled from another listing or agreed privately.
This I believe was the case for a Brentford Chelsea programme which sold for a very high 3 figure but a number of other programmes were withdrawn at the same time.
Just a thought
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: