Football Programmes Centre

Unable to place bid on Ebay item?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Unable to place bid on Ebay item?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HibeeJibee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:22 pm 
Post subject: Unable to place bid on Ebay item?

Trying to bid but:

You are unable to purchase this item due to restrictions from the seller. Please contact the seller for more information.

Tried to message seller - through the item, and from their shop page - but:

We couldn't find an answer. Unfortunately, this seller isn't able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Unfortunately this seller can't respond to your question.

Any ideas?

Tech error? Seller suspended? They've blocked me?
Five and In

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:24 am 

Sounds like you have been blocked for some reason.

Do you have any "history" with the seller?

If not, it could be that he has set his profile to block something like bidders with low feedback etc.
martino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:42 am 
Post subject:

Get a friend to bid on the item for you?
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:32 pm 
Post subject: Re: Unable to place bid on Ebay item?

Five and In wrote:
Sounds like you have been blocked for some reason.

Do you have any "history" with the seller?

If not, it could be that he has set his profile to block something like bidders with low feedback etc.

I'd be in agreement, probably either you are blocked, more likely the way the seller has set up his settings. If you can't mail him it's the way the seller has set it up in his settings.

If you can contact him, through contact seller, explain the situation and maybe he will readjust his settings, though if you are blocked it takes a good few months after him unblocking you, for you to bid on there items.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:57 pm 
Post subject:

I'm also running into problems when I try to buy an item and eBay prevents me saying it's a football ticket and re-selling is not permitted by UEFA/FIFA.

It's not a football ticket Confused
Posh1959

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:45 pm 
Post subject:

Who is the seller of the item you are unable to bid on?
HibeeJibee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:49 pm 
Post subject:

It's a seller I've bought several previous items from over last few months.

I never left feedback, but items all sent tracked, so they know I got them.

(I rarely leave feedback and never negative. Own is 1,500+ all positive).

Paypal amounts all went over routinely, so not as if they didn't get their £.

Would be inexplicable if blocked me for some reason.

They've got items finishing with bids placed, so it's obviously not general.

Oddly enough majority of their feedback is from a single buyer.

Not far off 300 of their last 400 reviews are from "t***g (2660)".

Strange.
Benno Spire

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

I “won” a bid on eBay a couple of days ago and 5 minutes after winning got an email to say the item was cancelled by the seller, probably because it went cheap but I have no way of leaving negative feedback for them
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:40 pm 
Post subject:

Benno Spire wrote:
I “won” a bid on eBay a couple of days ago and 5 minutes after winning got an email to say the item was cancelled by the seller, probably because it went cheap but I have no way of leaving negative feedback for them

Even if you could the seller could have the negative cancelled because no sale took place.
Eck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: Unable to place bid on Ebay item?

HibeeJibee wrote:
Trying to bid but:

You are unable to purchase this item due to restrictions from the seller. Please contact the seller for more information.

Tried to message seller - through the item, and from their shop page - but:

We couldn't find an answer. Unfortunately, this seller isn't able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing.

Unfortunately this seller can't respond to your question.

Any ideas?

Tech error? Seller suspended? They've blocked me?

I hate it when buyers don't leave feedback l wouldn't block anyone for this but l think your guy has.
grantham

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:50 pm 
Post subject:

Benno Spire wrote:

You can report the seller for such an action, if they receive multiple complaints like this, they will be banned. I reported one a few years ago and noticed within a couple of weeks they were no longer registered (may have been a coincidence) but it's not good for ebay business if sellers keep cancelling. It also adversely affects their seller rating as well, if they should relist it, make sure you bid again Smile
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:20 am 
Post subject:

In my experience it seems to be easier than ever before to cancel an order. I've had three in the past three months and all if them stated that I requested this, however there is no right if reply...
In at least two of those cases it was obvious that the seller was disappointed with the final figure.

As for not leaving feedback why???
It doesn't cost anything, keeps everyone informed on what the seller is like and is just a nice thing to do.
It also gives you an idea that the item has reached its destination Is feedback is left.

We try an encourage those to offer feedback on this forum...
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 am 
Post subject:

I sell quite a lot and I block anybody who does not pay for an item. My list is now over 200 buyers who did not pay over 20 years. For completed transactions I leave feedback after they buyer has left theirs to show they have received the item , Also after a month if there is no feedback I leave a feedback with 'payment received with thanks'.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:33 am 
Post subject:

Super Hoopy wrote:

As for not leaving feedback why???
It doesn't cost anything, keeps everyone informed on what the seller is like and is just a nice thing to do.
It also gives you an idea that the item has reached its destination Is feedback is left.

We try an encourage those to offer feedback on this forum...

Absolutely spot on. "Item received, many thanks" - done & dusted in four words, or if you're the seller "Payment received, item posted [followed by date]". Not going to break your fingers doing it, are you ?
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
Five and In

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 am 

RIKERBCFC wrote:
I sell quite a lot and I block anybody who does not pay for an item. My list is now over 200 buyers who did not pay over 20 years. For completed transactions I leave feedback after they buyer has left theirs to show they have received the item , Also after a month if there is no feedback I leave a feedback with 'payment received with thanks'.

This is exactly how I operate on Ebay too.

Non payer - Blocked - I don't need time wasters in my life.

Feedback left for me tells me the item has arrived with no issues and I reciprocate immediately.

No feedback left for me - I leave a "thank you for an easy transaction" message when Ebay prompt me after a month.

As others have said, it takes seconds to do and is the professional way to operate, yet so many sadly don't bother.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:45 pm 
Post subject:

Well, my own opinion, for what it's worth, is this: Not leaving feedback is rude & ill mannered.

Good manners cost you absolutely nothing, and leaving a polite "Thank You" by way of feedback is the least you can do when somebody has made the effort to pack something nicely for you, and then dash it out to you in a safe & timely fashion.

It also gives the seller immediate peace of mind knowing that item has arrived safely, was appreciated by the buyer, and isn't something you need to worry about any longer.

I also find it hugely ironic when people don't leave feedback, yet are quick to moan when something about eBay doesn't work.

Leaving feedback is the whole fabric of the system, it's precisely why eBay does work and why people are happy to send their hard-earned folded to a complete stranger in exchange for goods. Without the feedback system there is no trust. Without trust there is no eBay.

Lastly though, I guess I just plain abhor bad manners. There's no need for it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
andy jess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:26 pm 
Post subject:

Agree with everything wiggy says above.
Another pet hate of mine is when the seller doesn't leave feedback until the buyer (me) has left feedback.
Surely the seller should leave feedback immediately to say they have been paid promptly, and not after the goods have been received by the buyer.
grantham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:45 pm 
Post subject:

andy jess wrote:
Agree with everything wiggy says above.
Another pet hate of mine is when the seller doesn't leave feedback until the buyer (me) has left feedback.
Surely the seller should leave feedback immediately to say they have been paid promptly, and not after the goods have been received by the buyer.

Totally agree, a couple of sellers above just stated they don't leave feedback until they receive it themselves. WHY ?

Are you concerned that the items may not arrive or arrive damaged (both of which are out of the buyers control), you are therefore only 'rewarding' buyers if they don't kick up a fuss ?!?

As far as I'm concerned if a buyer pays promptly, they have met their side of the deal. IF the items don't arrive and or arrive damaged that is down to you and your carrier. IF the seller isn't happy with the item and wishes to return it, you can't leave negative feedback for such an issue so why are you not giving feedback as soon as they pay ?
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:59 pm 
Post subject:

I agree too, fellas.

If somebody sends me some money, I leave feedback and then immediately PM them to thank them & let them know when they can expect their item.

Likewise, if I receive something I've bought, I leave immediate feedback of thanks. If I'm especially pleased, or think the seller has gone the extra mile for me, I also message them to tell them how pleased I am & how much I appreciated their kind efforts.

It takes seconds, indeed I spend more time scratching my nuts.

When I was a nipper, my dear old mam would soundly slap my legs in shops if I didn't say "please" or "thank you" to the lady or gentleman behind the counter. That might be frowned upon today, but the "Good manners cost nowt" lesson has stayed with me throughout my 53 years on this blue marble, I'm thankful to say.

Laughing

https://www.flickr.com/photos/newport-county-badges/albums
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:49 am 

[quote="grantham"
Totally agree, a couple of sellers above just stated they don't leave feedback until they receive it themselves. WHY ?

Are you concerned that the items may not arrive or arrive damaged (both of which are out of the buyers control), you are therefore only 'rewarding' buyers if they don't kick up a fuss ?!?
[/quote]

As I am one of those sellers you mention, I thought I'd clarify how I deal with my sales.

Most importantly, EVERY buyer has feedback left by me.

As soon as I receive notification of a sale I immediately drop the buyer a message thanking them and informing them that I will post their item later that day or the following morning depending on what time the order has come through.

Once posted, I also inform them it is now on it's way.

In the package is a compliment slip which again thanks them for their purchase and advises them that their leaving feedback will be seen as the end of the transaction and I reciprocate immediately.

Feedback left for me tells me the item has arrived with no issues.

The main reason I wait until I have heard that all is good at the buyer's end is because of some crappy experiences in the past.

99% of buyers are honest, but I'm sure we all have a horror story or ten to tell and I am no different with the worst being the clown that purchased a fairly rare Subbuteo team from me, opened a return case and sent back a few players in a bag after nicking the box, packaging and half the team.
If feedback had been left for him at the point of sale, it's a gold star to a crook and quite simply wrong.

In sales where there is no feedback left for me, I leave a "thank you for an easy transaction" message when Ebay prompt me.

Personally I don't really care if feedback is left for me (I currently have a score of well over 8,000 and a 100% rating), but as Wiggy says, it's the polite thing to do and good manners.

The bottom line is that I know that I provide an excellent service, communicate in a friendly and informative way and do things correctly.
There are several members on this forum that know that first hand also through dealing with me.

I also appreciate that others leave their feedback as soon as the purchase is made and that is their choice.

There is no right or wrong way as long as it gets done and the only "problem" I can see is those those do not leave feedback at all.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: