Football Programmes Centre

Most impatient eBay buyer ever
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Most impatient eBay buyer ever
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:20 pm 
Post subject: Most impatient eBay buyer ever

Monday - Bids closed at 8pm. Listing clearly stated programme would be sent within 48 hours

Wednesday - 1pm Programme was posted first class from Colchester to Cannock

Thursday - At 4pm I get these two messages from the buyer -

I'm very concerned has you have this programme down has delivered and it has not been delivered???

This programme has not been delivered to us it says Royal Mail 1st class nothing else we have not had delivery of this programme

Sometimes selling on eBay is such a joy!!!
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

I would like to congratulate colchestersid & RM for very quick delivery of two successful Ebay auction items.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:
I would like to congratulate colchestersid & RM for very quick delivery of two successful Ebay auction items.

Thanks Donald, I'm selling another batch of West Ham aways tomorrow but curiously Ipswich 82/3, 83/4 and 84/5 I don't have, I assume they are quite hard to find?
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:47 pm 
Post subject:

Just checked,they must be because I still need all three !!!!
Merseman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:59 pm 
Post subject:

Happens both ways...

... I'd a seller chasing me for payment just hours after I won bid recently.
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:31 pm 
Post subject:

I blame this particular practice on those that often use Amazon and other such online trading companies!

The one thing that bugs me about buyers on ebay are those that make an offer, on those listings that are 'BIN or best offer' then take several days to make a payment.

Now bearing in mind that someone has made an offer surely they'd have the funds then to back it...?
Money where your mouth is etc.
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:33 pm 
Post subject:

I had this recently, they were getting confused with the message they received that it had been dispatched.

They also thought they had few rights as a buyer, & were panicking over a £3.00 badge. Took a little explaining, especially as expected delivery wasn't for another day or two.
se20blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:14 pm 
Post subject:

Super Hoopy wrote:
I blame this particular practice on those that often use Amazon and other such online trading companies!

The one thing that bugs me about buyers on ebay are those that make an offer, on those listings that are 'BIN or best offer' then take several days to make a payment.

Now bearing in mind that someone has made an offer surely they'd have the funds then to back it...?
Money where your mouth is etc.

Just made an offer and up pops a message from Ebay saying if offer was accepted you have FOUR days to pay !!
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:24 pm 
Post subject:

Is that ebay's version of the 'cooling off period'?

Absolutely stupid ruling. Confused
Merseman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

Merseman wrote:
Happens both ways...

... I'd a seller chasing me for payment just hours after I won bid recently.

This was last month. Without realising it I won another bid off them today.

Seller submitted a payment reminder about 4 hours after bidding finished.
Leigh Treymaine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:00 am 
Post subject: Ebay

Most EBAY sellers will have seen , when an item is now sold, the Ebay comment about cancelling the sale if the purchaser does not pay within a couple of days. This is a total change from the previous BUYER IS KING approach which was prevalent for the last 12 + years. In fact they basically encourage you to cancel the sale if no payment is forthcoming within 3/4 days.
However if you do have a non-payer and go down this route you will get a defect, as previously, because YOU have cancelled the sale despite Ebay encouragement. On managing to ring them{ which is now an achievement}
I was told that any defect caused by cancelling the sale will be erased without question{unlikely}, which I would think cause some problems in that you would have to ring them to get it sorted out and as stated ringing them is not exactly easy.
I have not experienced this but I think it is quite interesting and wonder if anyone has experiences of RECENTLY cancelling a sale because of a non-payer and what happened subsequently.
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:11 am 
Post subject:

I have cancelled sales because of non-payment , if you have waited 5 days the drop down menu allows you to give a reason buyer has not paid , if you use this you do not get a defect and the buyer gets an unpaid item strike as he did before when you when you used the dispute process. The new system works quicker as you do not have to wait after opening a dispute. I usually wait up to 7 days before cancelling in case the buyer has been ill.
GrestytheLion

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:52 pm 
Post subject:

eBay have a default setting of 4 days, you set it to what you want.

As I sell items over several days, if someone buys on the first and last day then I offer combined postage. Mine is set to seven days then I have the option as RIKERBCFC has described. As I have control and create to suit me, personally I think it's a better system
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

Can see both sides of this to be honest…empathise with sellers who are in the dark as to whether or not they will actually get paid & have items packaged and ready to go. Especially a problem for modern stuff which initially sells well but buyers can look to get at a cheaper price a few days later

On the other hand buying is also a minefield. we know that - as great as our hobby is and the brilliant, helpful people in it - all it takes is one bad experience where a seller keeps money for long periods before sending items or with no intention at all of sending out items or issuing refunds.

My hunch is the buyer in this case chasing for items may have had a similar bad transaction - eBay or whatever - and probably a case of “once bitten. Twice shy”.I wouldn’t worry about it
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:58 pm 
Post subject:

So no surprises, following on from the complaint one day after posting about non arrival, the buyer has opened a refund request at the earliest possible opportunity

Having read the eBay rules it's pointless arguing so refund sent and buyer blocked

It was a war time programme in pretty poor condition; I suspect he had second thoughts when it arrived and decided to work the system to get his money back and keep the programme as well. All for £30

I say "he" - the buyer details were actually Mrs P******, never a good sign when an eBay user hides behind his wife's name

Weirdly this all happened a few days after I mentioned on the M60 thread that I'd only ever had two bad experiences buying or selling - well make that three Sad
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:16 am 
Post subject:

Did you not send tracked ? Anything over £15 goes tracked for me, then I don't stand to risk too much if dealing with these 'kind of buyers'
Also can you PM the sellerID so I can block as well, don't want to deal with people like that
Tintowner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:54 am 
Post subject:

I once made an offer on a programme that was for a couple of quid over the £10 starting price.
It was rejected, so I just bid on the opening start price (£10).
I won the auction for £10 pound and paid straight away. The seller then cancelled the order stating that the item was not now available and refunded me.
The said item was the relisted a few days later with a start price of £15 !
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:35 am 
Post subject:

I would have kept bidding (under a different account), win it and then reply, the money is no longer available Smile
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:17 am 
Post subject:

grantham wrote:
Did you not send tracked ? Anything over £15 goes tracked for me, then I don't stand to risk too much if dealing with these 'kind of buyers'
Also can you PM the sellerID so I can block as well, don't want to deal with people like that

I used to do this but found it laborious to fill in the cards at the post office for so many envelopes.

I can see now though that there is a form available on the Royal Mail website, it's editable and you can then print it off and get it stamped. Thanks for the reminder Grantham!

https://www.royalmail.com/business/system/files/Royal-Mail-Bulk-Certificate-Posting-Standard-editable-Sept-2016_0.pdf
RIKERBCFC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:06 am 
Post subject:

You do not need to fill in cards anymore the post office print out the details on your receipt if you ask for them.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> eBay All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: