Football Programmes Centre

1984 European Cup Final programme
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1984 European Cup Final programme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lancs collector

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm 
Post subject: 1984 European Cup Final programme

Does a reproduction copy of this programme exist and if so how do you tell the difference between this and the original programme?
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:33 am 
Post subject:

I'm not aware of ANY reproductions of any of the various issues. The most common one is featured below and was only on sale in the UK. Annoyingly UEFA recognise this as the official issue.

I'm intrigued why you ask the original question, do you know of any potential reproduction?!

lancs collector

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:56 am 
Post subject: 1984 European Cup Final programme

It's just that I've got one to sell and it made me wonder with it being all English text if there had been any other versions of this programme.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:35 pm 
Post subject:

No, it's original and depending on condition could sell for up to £20 on a good day. Smile
CodeXIII

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:32 pm 
Post subject:

There's also a 'black book' edition which can be £100 - £175 and the Roma Mia orange cover A5 version (Roma's own issue) £20-£30
The black cover issue sometimes called VIP or UEFA official issue.

All three appear on Ebay regularly and ive not heard of reprints or copies of any 1984 editions.

The 1981 Final v Real Madrid has a reprint version though.
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:45 pm 
Post subject:

Below are all the known issues for the game kindly supplied by Andy Marsden, all of which will feature in his book. The Telesport issue is a newspaper which recently fetched £900 at Budd's. The Metrolimpico issue however has sold for 4 figures. I've only managed to get 7 of the above, 4 on the actual day. Personally I don't think ANY of them quite qualify as a programme in the true sense of the word. However, all are very collectable and market forces have pushed up the varying prices.

Smile

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: