Football Programmes Centre

The Big Debate 2
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Big Debate 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Man Utd - love 'em or loathe 'em?
Yes, I like them
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Not fussed
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Can't stand them
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:25 am 
Post subject: The Big Debate 2

Now it's the turn of the Manchester Reds - time to get it all off your chest and say what you think about Fergie, Rooney and crew.. not forgetting past luminaries like Best, Ronaldo, Charlton... Some things to love and hate about them I expect!
ashburton-grove

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

History.
They have it and you can't buy it.
I love the fact that I hate them and hate the fact that I love them.
Brilliant manager, quality players and a "we will win" attitude that makes them the sucessful team that they are.
Thier programme covers were dull dull dull for about 50 years, and the content nowadays not much better. Nearly all Utd supporters I come across are arrogant and can't wait to rub it in your face about their last victory. But that said,they get the victories and their trophies, so I have to shut up and listen to it and take it like a man. Crying or Very sad
All this though makes any win over them all that sweeter.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm 
Post subject:

They have a winning mentality second to none,driven by a relentless,highly successful manager and a never ending wealth of talent,that said they're not the team they were.
Not a great fan especially coming from London i used to go to school with lots of Man U fans,had to go to Geography class to find out where the ground was. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:34 pm 
Post subject:

At my school there are many Man Utd glory hunters, they have never had a go at me for supporting the Albion but it is just thier sheer arrogance towards football that I hate about them.
gfcpaul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:46 pm 
Post subject:

Its hardly suprising when you consider what a nasty piece of work Gary Neville is,his sniping spoilt brat attitude smacks of everything that is wrong with modern day footballers.
James

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

I hate them mainly because of the arrogance that comes out from them, gary Neville is the biggest muppet in world football , and when are the FA going to grow a pair and actually give fergie the ban he desereves for the continued verbal assualts on officials especially when his team don't win standing on the sidelines pointing at his watch trying to intimidate the officials.

Anderson shoudl be shot and sent back to brazil in a coffin, the way he mocked those soldiers the other year when united won something utter disgrace.

on a positive note, i do like Giggs and Scholes and the players do tend to be loyal to the team, especially the british ones.
James

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

I hate them mainly because of the arrogance that comes out from them, gary Neville is the biggest muppet in world football , and when are the FA going to grow a pair and actually give fergie the ban he desereves for the continued verbal assualts on officials especially when his team don't win standing on the sidelines pointing at his watch trying to intimidate the officials.

Anderson shoudl be shot and sent back to brazil in a coffin, the way he mocked those soldiers the other year when united won something utter disgrace.

on a positive note, i do like Giggs and Scholes and the players do tend to be loyal to the team, especially the british ones.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:33 pm 
Post subject:

being somewhat older than most on here, I have to admit a respectful admiration for Man U. t he have sustained success over a sustained period. Other sides have risen and fallen, mine included, but they have just about always been there. They have always played good football, and have much about their teams that deserves to be respected. Over the years they have had some of the greatest players in football, and a roll call of them that has to be admired.
I hate many of their 'fans' who have never been to old trafford, or seen 'their' team play live, and yet at the same have the nerve to try and take the piss out of other teams fans, who go to games week in week out.
So all I really wanted to say was like Man U, hate many of their 'fans'.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:16 am 
Post subject:

Hate them. Even before the big money from Sky TV came along they were trying to buy the league title. Year in year out they have spent millions. From the fans through the players, the manager and everyone else they are arrogant, the lot of em.. Especially the glory hunters born here in Bristol or any other town around the world. Don't mean to offend any true United fans that grew up in Manchester. That is fair enough.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:55 am 
Post subject:

United have never bothered me to be honest, one exception being Gary Neville, no time for the knobhead at all.
Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

I've got a lot of time for Gary Neville, he was the only England player that bothered to come over to the England fans and applaud them after we lost in Croatia, the rest of them just sulked off and Wayne Rooney gave us a V sign.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: