Football Programmes Centre

UK Services Football Records
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UK Services Football Records

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
square1back2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:07 pm 
Post subject: UK Services Football Records

I think this is a bit of a longshot but can anyone please point me in the direction of where I can find the results and records of the UK Services Football Association. I have been able to acquire a set of medals from an unknown player from the period 1957 to 1961. In this time he won whilst representing the Navy 2 UK Services Championships 57/58 & 60/61 the UK Services Challenge Cup in 1960 and the UK Services League Cup in 1959. I am trying to identify this player and the only clue I have is that the 5th medal was awarded to him as Player of the Year in 1960. He was obviously a very good player and I wonder if he had a career in football outside of the Navy

As you can see from the pictures the 2 Championship medals are substantial and impressive I think they are made of brass and the dimension of the diameter is 88mm and they weigh 242gm. The smaller medals are equally impressive and their diameter is 55mm and they weigh 61gm.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Fishy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:07 pm 
Post subject:

You could try contacting United Services Portsmouth:
https://www.usportsmouthfc.co.uk/history

They may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

Good luck
48/9 Newport.
49/0 Walsall; Exeter.
50/1 Port Vale.
51/2 Port Vale 1/5.
52/3 Swindon.
square1back2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:11 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Fishy

Thank you for that I will give them a try, hopefully they may have a contact number.

Cheers

Mel
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: